MVC Preseason selections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC Preseason selections

Postby Rollbird5 » October 28th, 2014, 10:18 am

Looks like VanVleet was named preseason POY
All conference: VanVleet, Baker, Cotton Balentine, and Tuttle
Honorable Mention: Beane, Doyle, Marshall, Mockevicius

Shockers receive 45 first place votes
Surprisingly Illinois State gets one vote (wasn't our beat reporter who voted for them either)
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

MVC Preseason selections

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Preseason selections

Postby hot nuts » October 28th, 2014, 11:24 am

I think MVC.org should publish the results of this board's preseason polling on their website!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » October 28th, 2014, 12:37 pm

hot nuts wrote:I think MVC.org should publish the results of this board's preseason polling on their website!

Only difference between the picks on this board, and by the media was swapping ISUb and SIU in the 6/7 slots. Remarkably similar given all the unknowns in the middle.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BTbird » October 28th, 2014, 1:11 pm

The mvcfan poll wouldn't let me give ISU a 1st place vote though. :D

Muller was the lone vote according to the ISU beat writer

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson
Muller said his No. 1 vote wasn't to show confidence in his players, "It's because I have confidence in my team.: #MVCHoopsTipOff #isuhoops
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » October 28th, 2014, 1:47 pm

BTbird wrote:The mvcfan poll wouldn't let me give ISU a 1st place vote though. :D

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson
Muller said his No. 1 vote wasn't to show confidence in his players, "It's because I have confidence in my team.: #MVCHoopsTipOff #isuhoops

He may want to re-check "confidence" in the dictionary. I think he is confusing it with other words.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » October 28th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Someone insert this into the wikipedia entry for hubris.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » October 28th, 2014, 5:02 pm

BTbird wrote:The mvcfan poll wouldn't let me give ISU a 1st place vote though. :D

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson

What a dumbass.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » October 28th, 2014, 5:38 pm

valleychamp wrote:

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson

What a dumbass.

I guess I see it the opposite; other than a coach in his first year or in the midst of a major program rebuild, if you don't think you've built and coached your team to where you have confidence they can win, I don't want you for my coach. You better have some arrogance about you as a coach or your team plays to your level of insecurity.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 28th, 2014, 6:30 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
valleychamp wrote:

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson

What a dumbass.

I guess I see it the opposite; other than a coach in his first year or in the midst of a major program rebuild, if you don't think you've built and coached your team to where you have confidence they can win, I don't want you for my coach. You better have some arrogance about you as a coach or your team plays to your level of insecurity.

By Bear's logic, almost all of the coaches in the conference have teams who play to their level of insecurity and we now know why they have underperformed. This may be the either the smartest poster in our conference or it may be the same brilliant poster who said that Thurman and Marshall will be better than FVV and Baker.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » October 28th, 2014, 6:38 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
valleychamp wrote:

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson

What a dumbass.

That's fine and all...except in the past 2 years this WSU team has won all but 2 games. ISUr on the other hand is .500 in that time frame. There's confidence and then there is being silly. But hey if this is his plan to fire up his team then so be it. That's why he coaches and we only try to via the internet
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball