National Rankings 2014-2015

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: National Rankings 2014-2015

Postby unipanther99 » December 11th, 2014, 4:52 pm

KCfan wrote:I know there is a lot of jealousy and hate from Wichita State fans toward Creighton, but that last statement is wildly inaccurate. Not only is the valley not comparably equal before and after Creighton, but the long-term ramifications of their departure will not be fully known for years.

To prerend the RPI after a couple weeks of a basketball season matters is plain wrong. Look past the number itself and compare schedules. Creighton beat Oklahoma which is a better win then anyone in the valley has, plus a win at Nebraska which is a better win than almost everyone in the Valley has.

Feel free to post opinions all you want but don't pass them off as facts.

Incarnate Word has a win at Nebraska. The post-Doug era of Creighton is upon you. You're still going to be good with Coach Mac, but like 2002-06 UNI, good. Not what you've managed to do the last few years with the best recruit ever purchased with a coaching contract.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby KCfan » December 11th, 2014, 4:55 pm

What dream world do you live in where a win over Oklahoma is even in the same discussion as one over Seton Hall, Richmond or ODU? If we agree RPI doesn't matter right now there's no metric to use.

By the way, I'm not a Creighton fan. I am a fan of the truth :dance:
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » December 11th, 2014, 4:57 pm

KCfan wrote: If we agree RPI doesn't matter right now there's no metric to use.

So your contention IS that you are passing opinion as fact while at the same time blasting others for it. Sounds about right.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby KCfan » December 11th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

So your contention IS that you are passing opinion as fact while at the same time blasting others for it. Sounds about right.

Huh? Here is a simple metric. Oklahoma is ranked. How many Valley wins are over ranked teams?
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » December 11th, 2014, 5:10 pm

KCfan wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Huh? Here is a simple metric. Oklahoma is ranked. How many Valley wins are over ranked teams?

Here is a simple metric. The RPI has 3 Valley victims rated higher than Oklahoma.

I assume we've moved on from Nebraska because you realized what a lost cause it was.

Keep trolling. My favorite part is when 40% of your posts include the phrase "I'm not a Creighton fan."
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby KCfan » December 11th, 2014, 5:17 pm

This is like explaining something to my 3 year old. There are no Valley wins over a ranked team this season. None of the wins you mentioned will rate anywhere near a win over Oklahoma. It's pretty black and white. :Beer:
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » December 11th, 2014, 5:21 pm

KCfan wrote:This is like explaining something to my 3 year old. There are no Valley wins over a ranked team this season. None of the wins you mentioned will rate anywhere near a win over Oklahoma. It's pretty black and white. :Beer:

So you make stuff up to your 3 year old? A lot, or just like Santa stuff every once in a while?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » December 11th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I know that there is a lot of jealousy of Bluejay fans over WSU's national success over the past three years. All one has to do to see it is to read their message board (oh, they even come over to this board). They consistently run the Shockers and Valley down. They tend to not use opinions instead of facts to state their case. All that one has to do to see which program is metrically stronger is to see how many times the Shockers have been ranked in the Top 10 the past three years, how many F4's have been won by both programs in the past few years, the KenPom rankings, and every other metric for the past few years. It's not even close
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » December 11th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
KCfan wrote:but that last statement is wildly inaccurate. Not only is the valley not comparably equal before and after Creighton, but the long-term ramifications of their departure will not be fully known for years.

Agreed. If he is referencing the overall strength of the league, absolutely. I cannot tell from his wording if that is the intent, or if the intent is that the "Top" of the league is as good. Which is pretty easy to argue given the current rankings.

I meant the teams at the "top" of the league this year, not the league overall.

I will admit, looking at the rest of the nonconference slate is going to drag Loyola down quite a bit. So the last statement I made was a mistake by only looking at what had been played to date.

By the way, the comparison to Creighton was made simply because Loyola replaced Creighton. Yes, Creighton have one really shiny win, but that is the only top 100 rpi win they have to hang their hat on right now.

It would have been better if Creighton had stayed, but at the moment, adding Loyola is not looking like the mistake we thought it was. I stand by my assertion that the problem in the valley is not the top 2 or 3 teams (what I should have said), but the bottom 4 or 5.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvcfan » December 11th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I wouldn't have minded it if Creighton had stayed but they are gone. At this time, UNI is ahead of Creighton in every RPI metric that I've seen and Evansville is at this time competitive. That possibly will change in the future this year but at this time Creighton may be no better than third and maybe fourth in the MVC had they stayed in our league. They should stay away from our board and worry about themselves. :Cheers:
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball