TAS Bracketology 2014-15

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: TAS Bracketology 2014-15

Postby Cdizzle » January 5th, 2015, 11:14 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:The consensus seems to be UE and Loyola are too far off the pace to matter. I have Wichita now on the 4 and UNI on the 7, so I don't have any quibbles with him.

Seems he also agrees this will be big years for the Big 12 and Big East. Big East in particular will be surprising to some here, but take consolation in the fact that everyone's going to have a party in that conference and Creighton won't be invited ;)

It will be only mildly ironic that Creighton wanted in a conference that would get multiples of bids every year. And they won't be getting them. I'm rooting for the Big East to get a ton of bids. It will be funny. Plus, Big East teams are very beatable. Many of them are good, tournament-caliber good, but they like to think they are better than they are, especially compared to good tournament-caliber teams from leagues like the Valley. Makes for a fun March.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » January 5th, 2015, 11:30 am

Palm's bracket out and he has the same as Lunardi. WSU at #4 and UNI at #6

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 5th, 2015, 11:39 am

shocktheheart wrote:Palm's bracket out and he has the same as Lunardi. WSU at #4 and UNI at #6

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm got off his Illinois State love pretty quickly :D
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 5th, 2015, 11:48 am

Also, this has zero consequence on the league, but I find interesting: RPI forecast now projects the MVC careening all the way to 12th in conference RPI. Behind all the usual suspects (MW, A-10, WCC, et al), but also the MAC. Which I don't buy because their collective SoS is so terrible, but well, math. *shrug*
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » January 15th, 2015, 10:48 am

New Lunardi bracket out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

WSU with a tough 5 seed draw against a good Green Bay team, would face Iowa State in the next round.

UNI with a 6 seed against winner of NC State/St. Johns, Maryland waiting in the next round.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Shoxfan11 » January 15th, 2015, 5:25 pm

unipanther99 wrote:New Lunardi bracket out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

WSU with a tough 5 seed draw against a good Green Bay team, would face Iowa State in the next round.

UNI with a 6 seed against winner of NC State/St. Johns, Maryland waiting in the next round.

I would love to see WSU match up with Iowa State in the NCAA Tournament. It seems like every Iowa State fan I've ever encountered has been very cocky and, for a team that's in a conference that's been won by the same school 10 times in a row, I don't understand why they're so stuck up. Maybe you people from Iowa can correct me, just my experience. I'm sure some label WSU fans the same way.. but at least we've had a good amount of success the past few years. If some other team won the MVC 10 years in a row, I don't know if I'd be bragging.
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » January 15th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

They legitimately think they're going to win multiple national titles in the next 5 years. It's delusion.

Their board does nothing but tear down UNI and The Valley. You know, the same thing they get passed at Iowa fans for.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 15th, 2015, 10:44 pm

BCPanther wrote:Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

They legitimately think they're going to win multiple national titles in the next 5 years. It's delusion.

Their board does nothing but tear down UNI and The Valley. You know, the same thing they get passed at Iowa fans for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNI beaten Iowa state several times head to head in the last 5-6 years?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 15th, 2015, 11:31 pm

glm38 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNI beaten Iowa state several times head to head in the last 5-6 years?

Winning record vs both the last 13meetings with each
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 16th, 2015, 7:23 am

I believe we've also won 4 or 5 straight in Hilton against the ridiculous 'Hilton Magic'. Too bad we won't get to play there anymore.

Btw, Hilton Magic should be defined as falling behind inferior teams and coming back to win games that should have been won easily. Kansas is like 21-2 in their last 23 visits.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball