TAS Bracketology 2014-15

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: TAS Bracketology 2014-15

Postby unipanther99 » January 15th, 2015, 10:48 am

New Lunardi bracket out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

WSU with a tough 5 seed draw against a good Green Bay team, would face Iowa State in the next round.

UNI with a 6 seed against winner of NC State/St. Johns, Maryland waiting in the next round.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Shoxfan11 » January 15th, 2015, 5:25 pm

unipanther99 wrote:New Lunardi bracket out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

WSU with a tough 5 seed draw against a good Green Bay team, would face Iowa State in the next round.

UNI with a 6 seed against winner of NC State/St. Johns, Maryland waiting in the next round.

I would love to see WSU match up with Iowa State in the NCAA Tournament. It seems like every Iowa State fan I've ever encountered has been very cocky and, for a team that's in a conference that's been won by the same school 10 times in a row, I don't understand why they're so stuck up. Maybe you people from Iowa can correct me, just my experience. I'm sure some label WSU fans the same way.. but at least we've had a good amount of success the past few years. If some other team won the MVC 10 years in a row, I don't know if I'd be bragging.
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » January 15th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

They legitimately think they're going to win multiple national titles in the next 5 years. It's delusion.

Their board does nothing but tear down UNI and The Valley. You know, the same thing they get passed at Iowa fans for.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 15th, 2015, 10:44 pm

BCPanther wrote:Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

They legitimately think they're going to win multiple national titles in the next 5 years. It's delusion.

Their board does nothing but tear down UNI and The Valley. You know, the same thing they get passed at Iowa fans for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNI beaten Iowa state several times head to head in the last 5-6 years?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 15th, 2015, 11:31 pm

glm38 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Iowa State fans are the most delusional bunch on the planet. Giant case of little brother syndrome and they have to compare everything they do to Iowa.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNI beaten Iowa state several times head to head in the last 5-6 years?

Winning record vs both the last 13meetings with each
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 16th, 2015, 7:23 am

I believe we've also won 4 or 5 straight in Hilton against the ridiculous 'Hilton Magic'. Too bad we won't get to play there anymore.

Btw, Hilton Magic should be defined as falling behind inferior teams and coming back to win games that should have been won easily. Kansas is like 21-2 in their last 23 visits.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 16th, 2015, 9:03 am

BCPanther wrote:I believe we've also won 4 or 5 straight in Hilton against the ridiculous 'Hilton Magic'. Too bad we won't get to play there anymore.

Btw, Hilton Magic should be defined as falling behind inferior teams and coming back to win games that should have been won easily. Kansas is like 21-2 in their last 23 visits.

I think we are/were something like 7-3 or 8-2 in our last 10 against ISU before the Big 4 "Classic" started
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » January 16th, 2015, 10:05 am

Shoxfan11 wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:New Lunardi bracket out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I would love to see WSU match up with Iowa State in the NCAA Tournament. It seems like every Iowa State fan I've ever encountered has been very cocky and, for a team that's in a conference that's been won by the same school 10 times in a row, I don't understand why they're so stuck up. Maybe you people from Iowa can correct me, just my experience. I'm sure some label WSU fans the same way.. but at least we've had a good amount of success the past few years. If some other team won the MVC 10 years in a row, I don't know if I'd be bragging.

No correction needed. Iowa State fans are the worst. At summer league this year, one Cyclone fan was telling me that they would win the MVC with their bottom five. Having Wichita State end their season would be great.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 16th, 2015, 10:16 am

TheDrake wrote:
Shoxfan11 wrote:

No correction needed. Iowa State fans are the worst. At summer league this year, one Cyclone fan was telling me that they would win the MVC with their bottom five. Having Wichita State end their season would be great.

I wonder how they explain UNI regularly beating them head to head then? Sounds like MU fans.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 16th, 2015, 5:13 pm

TheDrake wrote:
Shoxfan11 wrote:

Wouldn't even register with people like that.

They're the same types that will completely disregard WSU as a Valley team, and completely ignore that WSU has beaten Iowa twice in the last five years, by 12 and 19 points respectively. Or that WSU has a 16-6 record against the "big five" BCS conferences in that same timespan, of which all six losses were on the road or at neutral sites, while WSU won only two of the 16 at home. Or that WSU has a winning record against every single "BCS" conference over that span, including undefeated records against both the B1G and B12 (6-0). Or that if you expanded it out to the top seven conferences and included the AAC and the Big East, WSU is 25-7, with three losses to teams that played in the national championship game (including two national champs).

Logic never wins with people that only see conferences.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball