Bradley Train Wreck

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley Basketball

Postby bleach » January 11th, 2015, 12:44 pm

chitown bbrave wrote: They are slow to make adjustments and have been routinely outcoached in everything from any semblance of a set offense to ridiculous substitution patterns which create zero flow for the players actually playing. Ive seen enough.

You been watching the Bears?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PapaBear » January 12th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Drakey wrote:Why are the Braves so awful? I have gone through the roster and they look like they should be pretty good on paper. Is it all coaching?

I'm pretty sure Drake will lose to Bradley at least at Carver. Unlike Bradley Drake looks like they should be bad on paper and they are. I don't know if any coach could win with this team.

In addition to what has been said (mostly accurate)--all of BU athletics are in the crapper due to bad hires by a bad AD--fans are exiting at record rates--students do not come (arena not near campus)--pre game has a gargoyle coming riding out on a gold motorcycle to get the fans revved up (all 1700 of them)--you can't make s*** like this up :roll: --it is sooo woeful these days. Many of us are lobbying to expand the new(er) arena on campus--blow up the current program--go back to being the Braves--but none of this will happen because it would actually makes some sense :o
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby squirrel » January 12th, 2015, 3:33 pm

PapaBear wrote:
Drakey wrote:Why are the Braves so awful? I have gone through the roster and they look like they should be pretty good on paper. Is it all coaching?

I'm pretty sure Drake will lose to Bradley at least at Carver. Unlike Bradley Drake looks like they should be bad on paper and they are. I don't know if any coach could win with this team.

In addition to what has been said (mostly accurate)--all of BU athletics are in the crapper due to bad hires by a bad AD--fans are exiting at record rates--students do not come (arena not near campus)--pre game has a gargoyle coming riding out on a gold motorcycle to get the fans revved up (all 1700 of them)--you can't make s*** like this up :roll: --it is sooo woeful these days. Many of us are lobbying to expand the new(er) arena on campus--blow up the current program--go back to being the Braves--but none of this will happen because it would actually makes some sense :o

Things are bad, no question, but to imply Bradley programs not named soccer, men's basketball, women's golf or cross country are in the crapper because of bad hires, is a bit misleading. Bradley's all-around profile is perennially in the crapper, period. Part of that is a fair amount of neglect traditionally in women's athletics at Bradley-a problem that almost resulted in a loss of NCAA Certification in the 1990's due to not being Title IX compliant. Other league members have traditionally done well to support women's athletics, and so it's a hurdle that Bradley has struggled to climb, generally speaking. They axed men's tennis, and that program was having its best success in decades.

That said, this has been an epically bad year universally, where even soccer struggled. But everything gets amplified when hoops is bad at Bradley. However, at the end of the fall season last year, Bradley was 3rd in the Commissioner Cup standings, a mark never before attained by Bradley. Most of the same hires responsible for that are responsible for this year, for what it's worth.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Bradley Train Wreck

Postby Valleyball » January 21st, 2015, 9:23 pm

I had always thought being a Bradley fan that we would have a lull in being competitive. I know Wichita had a few down years. I didn't think we would get to the Wichita or Creighton level of program but just below that. I now am not sure if Bradley will ever recover to a good program with good fan support. Too long being bad and nobody is going to care any more. Good luck to Geno wherever he may go. Sorry it didn't work. You failed. Next?
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jwa123 » January 22nd, 2015, 2:55 pm

With Glasser gone at the end of May, things could be looking up for the Bradley fans. Good for them as this has been a nasty few years for them. I hope the best for Bradley, even though an ISUr fan, I have many friends who are Bradley fans and I know it has been tough for them. Besides the Valley needs Bradley to get back to the way it use to be.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 22nd, 2015, 4:52 pm

jwa123 wrote:With Glasser gone at the end of May....

Is she retiring?

Drake's long-time president is retiring end of June and his replacement was just announced about a week ago. New guy likes basketball.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Valleyball » January 22nd, 2015, 6:31 pm

Yes she announced her "retirement" will be at the end of May.

Ray Lahood has been a rumored replacement for a while.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby saluki762 » January 22nd, 2015, 8:39 pm

I sure hope you guys screw this up.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » January 23rd, 2015, 9:30 am

saluki762 wrote:I sure hope you guys screw this up.

Let's hope they hire Jim useLes back...he was easy to hate and had that basketball program going nowhere fast! Geno is just too darn likable...but I do approve of where he's taken the program, picked right up where Jimmy Boy left off.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Valleyball » January 23rd, 2015, 7:54 pm

I really like Geno. I REALLY wanted him to succeed. But I have to go by what I see. I just don't think he can coach.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball