Bradley Train Wreck

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley Train Wreck

Postby Trapped in CA » January 26th, 2015, 4:53 pm

After reading that article, I am amazed that Ford has a contract of $750,000 per year. I want his agent.

Does that make him the second highest paid coach in the MVC?
Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » January 26th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Trapped in CA wrote:After reading that article, I am amazed that Ford has a contract of $750,000 per year. I want his agent.

One motivation for the high salary was to help compensate for the Kent St lawsuit.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Trapped in CA » January 27th, 2015, 12:00 am

That compensation plan currently seems as viable than the rest of the Bradley playbook. One feeds into another. The story of Ouroboros comes to mind.
Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BUFANATIC79 » January 29th, 2015, 7:11 am

Leading scorer Warren Jones was arrested this morning. Apparently we haven't hit rock bottom yet
BUFANATIC79
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » January 29th, 2015, 7:44 am

Fake ID. Minor offense. 1-2 game suspension and move on. OTOH, kind of a big deal for a coach and a team on the ropes. I can't imagine Geno will survive.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » January 29th, 2015, 7:59 am

I thought Rock Bottom was losing last night to Drake, at home, since we made them look like a top 25 team. They hadn't scored 50 points in their last 5 road games, and we let them score 41 in the first half. Apparently rock bottom is even lower, since we now have our arguably best player, Warren Jones, go do something stupid. I know Cunningham is more important for the long term of this team, but Jones is easily our best and at times our only scorer right now. Ka'daryll Bell was also ticketed at Big Al's last night.

I really like Geno, he's a nice guy, but I'm done with him. Hopefully we move on this year.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » January 29th, 2015, 9:59 am

Yep. This pretty much seals the end of the Geno Ford Era of Bradley Basketball.

The most disappointing in the school's modern era.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 29th, 2015, 10:28 am

So in 24 hours, Donte Thomas got suspended, Warren Jones got arrested, KaDarryl Bell also appears to have been cited (but not arrested) in the same incident with Jones, and apparently it takes a month for Mike Shaw to recover from the flu.

Calling this a tire fire would be insulting to tire fires.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby pafan » January 29th, 2015, 11:25 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:So in 24 hours, Donte Thomas got suspended, Warren Jones got arrested, KaDarryl Bell also appears to have been cited (but not arrested) in the same incident with Jones, and apparently it takes a month for Mike Shaw to recover from the flu.

Must I remind you of the part about making D+ look like the Globetrotters last night?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby rlh04d » January 29th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Trapped in CA wrote:After reading that article, I am amazed that Ford has a contract of $750,000 per year. I want his agent.

It's pretty amazing how well Kent State came out of that whole situation. They're on their way to their third 20+ win season in his four years, not one season under .500, they're getting better over time with Senderoff's own recruits, they won a $1.2 million breach of contract lawsuit, and it looks like Senderoff is a far better long term solution than Geno. The only way this could have gone better for them is if they had wont he lawsuit against Bradley as well.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball