MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Bradley Basketball

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 22nd, 2014, 3:30 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Yeah that's what Evansville said in 2009-10

Bradley is a terrible basketball team. If anyone in this conference loses to Bradley, then they don't deserve whatever that loss might cost them!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » December 30th, 2014, 9:44 am

Why are the Braves so awful? I have gone through the roster and they look like they should be pretty good on paper. Is it all coaching?

I'm pretty sure Drake will lose to Bradley at least at Carver. Unlike Bradley Drake looks like they should be bad on paper and they are. I don't know if any coach could win with this team.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » December 30th, 2014, 5:56 pm

It's actually a combination of many things. Having one serviceable center has been a big problem. None of our centers seem to know how to finish at the rim. All of our centers foul at an alarming rate. Free throw shooting has been horrible. The team needs to get used to playing with a true point guard. We have yet to play a game with our best five on the court at the same time. Just as Sutherland was ready to play, our leading scorer (Jones) went down for 4-6 weeks.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pafan » December 30th, 2014, 9:19 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Yeah that's what Evansville said in 2009-10

I think I was in denial in 2010.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby chitown bbrave » January 10th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Drakey wrote:Why are the Braves so awful? I have gone through the roster and they look like they should be pretty good on paper. Is it all coaching?

I'm pretty sure Drake will lose to Bradley at least at Carver. Unlike Bradley Drake looks like they should be bad on paper and they are. I don't know if any coach could win with this team.

Bradley is bad because they dont play team basketball...its a bunch of AAu kids who never learned to play as a team..they had 7 assists today....7. They also are slow to make adjustments and have been routinely outcoached in everything from any semblance of a set offense to ridiculous substitution patterns which create zero flow for the players actually playing. Today he takes out Grier despite a rare game when he was on fire and scoring at will. He couldnt hit a thing once he came back after sitting. Look, Les was bad and needed to be fired probably sooner than he was, but Geno isnt the answer and has taken us further into the abyss. o for the road ,0-13 in neutral court games(nearly impossible to replicate), and 40-73 in year 4....Ive seen enough.
chitown bbrave
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby bleach » January 11th, 2015, 12:44 pm

chitown bbrave wrote: They are slow to make adjustments and have been routinely outcoached in everything from any semblance of a set offense to ridiculous substitution patterns which create zero flow for the players actually playing. Ive seen enough.

You been watching the Bears?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PapaBear » January 12th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Drakey wrote:Why are the Braves so awful? I have gone through the roster and they look like they should be pretty good on paper. Is it all coaching?

In addition to what has been said (mostly accurate)--all of BU athletics are in the crapper due to bad hires by a bad AD--fans are exiting at record rates--students do not come (arena not near campus)--pre game has a gargoyle coming riding out on a gold motorcycle to get the fans revved up (all 1700 of them)--you can't make s*** like this up :roll: --it is sooo woeful these days. Many of us are lobbying to expand the new(er) arena on campus--blow up the current program--go back to being the Braves--but none of this will happen because it would actually makes some sense :o
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby squirrel » January 12th, 2015, 3:33 pm

PapaBear wrote:

In addition to what has been said (mostly accurate)--all of BU athletics are in the crapper due to bad hires by a bad AD--fans are exiting at record rates--students do not come (arena not near campus)--pre game has a gargoyle coming riding out on a gold motorcycle to get the fans revved up (all 1700 of them)--you can't make s*** like this up :roll: --it is sooo woeful these days. Many of us are lobbying to expand the new(er) arena on campus--blow up the current program--go back to being the Braves--but none of this will happen because it would actually makes some sense :o

Things are bad, no question, but to imply Bradley programs not named soccer, men's basketball, women's golf or cross country are in the crapper because of bad hires, is a bit misleading. Bradley's all-around profile is perennially in the crapper, period. Part of that is a fair amount of neglect traditionally in women's athletics at Bradley-a problem that almost resulted in a loss of NCAA Certification in the 1990's due to not being Title IX compliant. Other league members have traditionally done well to support women's athletics, and so it's a hurdle that Bradley has struggled to climb, generally speaking. They axed men's tennis, and that program was having its best success in decades.

That said, this has been an epically bad year universally, where even soccer struggled. But everything gets amplified when hoops is bad at Bradley. However, at the end of the fall season last year, Bradley was 3rd in the Commissioner Cup standings, a mark never before attained by Bradley. Most of the same hires responsible for that are responsible for this year, for what it's worth.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Bradley Train Wreck

Postby Valleyball » January 21st, 2015, 9:23 pm

I had always thought being a Bradley fan that we would have a lull in being competitive. I know Wichita had a few down years. I didn't think we would get to the Wichita or Creighton level of program but just below that. I now am not sure if Bradley will ever recover to a good program with good fan support. Too long being bad and nobody is going to care any more. Good luck to Geno wherever he may go. Sorry it didn't work. You failed. Next?
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball