Day 1 results

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Day 1 results

Postby rlh04d » November 15th, 2014, 1:47 pm

PowderBlue wrote:
rlh04d wrote:I did not watch the game, since I was watching WSU. It took a 23 free throw advantage for ISU to barely squeak by a team consistently at the bottom of college basketball over the last few years. That is not good.

LOL Thanks for helping me understand how uniformed and irrelevant your opinion is on this topic. I was hoping maybe you had seen the game and gotten some perspective.

rlh04d wrote:Your team played poorly. Get over it.

That's a far cry from 'in trouble'. Played poorly? I guess, but definitely on the defensive end for the first 30 minutes. In trouble? Very much remains to be seen.

:roll:

It took a 23 free throw advantage, multiple opponents fouling out, and overtime to beat a team with two seniors on the roster that hasn't been in the top 200 RPI in four years.

Perhaps that tremendous crowd of 3,159 threw ISU off their games?

Maybe if I had decided to ignore Wichita State's tremendous performance against a team that's made the NCAA tournament four years out of the last five, I could have TRULY drilled down into the nuts and bolts of why ISUb's performance was not, in fact, pathetic, against a bad team coming off consecutive 300+ RPI seasons, and why the fact that they had to play five players in excess of 33 minutes actually belies tremendous depth.

But sure, obviously that tremendous performance says nothing but amazing things for the rest of the season. IUPUI's probably going to pull off a miraculous turn-around from sub-300 RPI to around 150, ISU's clearly got tremendous depth, and I'm sure there's a million other excuses for why that awful performance actually implies nothing about future struggles. Good luck!
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PowderBlue » November 15th, 2014, 3:40 pm

So...let me get this straight. I ask a simple question hoping that you had perhaps an interesting or relevant viewpoint, state that I didn't think the team played well but that I think there is potential, and I'm the one getting a dissertation response talking more about box scores and how awesome WSU played? Sweet.

1. Thanks for continuing to prove my point.

2. Please tell me where I said ISUb was going to challenge the Shockers. Please. I'm probably the least homer ISUb fan on this board. I call it like I see it. When I don't see it, I don't open my mouth. Maybe you should try that approach sometime. It's pretty wild.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jturner38 » November 15th, 2014, 4:52 pm

No one made excuses or even argued that ISUb played poorly but your reasoning for them gonna be in "trouble" has no weight. It was either just 1 bad game, or IUPUI is gonna be better then they have been in the past. Simple as that.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » November 15th, 2014, 5:36 pm

PowderBlue wrote:So...let me get this straight. I ask a simple question hoping that you had perhaps an interesting or relevant viewpoint, state that I didn't think the team played well but that I think there is potential, and I'm the one getting a dissertation response talking more about box scores and how awesome WSU played? Sweet.

1. Thanks for continuing to prove my point.

2. Please tell me where I said ISUb was going to challenge the Shockers. Please. I'm probably the least homer ISUb fan on this board. I call it like I see it. When I don't see it, I don't open my mouth. Maybe you should try that approach sometime. It's pretty wild.

:roll:

Repeated strawman arguments. I never claimed to watch the game, and I never implied that you said anything about ISUb challenging the Shockers. And dissertation? Your first post was nearly twice the length of mine. Since you apparently get angry at words, here's a more succinct point:

If ISUb has to be bailed out by the refs to squeeze by a bad team in front of barely 3k fans, they're going to be in trouble this year.

Your entire response to that? "Yeah, well you didn't watch it." Gotcha. Enjoy.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » November 15th, 2014, 5:37 pm

jturner38 wrote:It was either just 1 bad game, or IUPUI is gonna be better then they have been in the past. Simple as that.

Those are the only two options? Seriously?

:huh:
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby KCfan » November 17th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Just noticed that SLU barely snuck past SIU. Maybe Barruh has the dawgs in a position to surprise people?
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Play Angry » November 17th, 2014, 6:31 pm

SLU is picked 9th in the A-10. They lost nearly everyone from last year.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 17th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Play Angry wrote:SLU is picked 9th in the A-10. They lost nearly everyone from last year.

Yep. I will say I was more impressed with SIU than Illinois St though. It was a road game for SIU and the A-10 is a decent league with multiple bids.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jwa123 » November 17th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:SLU is picked 9th in the A-10. They lost nearly everyone from last year.

Yep. I will say I was more impressed with SIU than Illinois St though. It was a road game for SIU and the A-10 is a decent league with multiple bids.

There wasn't anyone at RBA yesterday who was impressed with Illinois State.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » November 17th, 2014, 10:05 pm

jwa123 wrote:There wasn't anyone at RBA yesterday who was impressed with Illinois State.

What about Dan? Does he not have faith or confidence in his team anymore?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball