Drake vs Bowling Green

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake vs Bowling Green

Postby ShoxNAwe » November 15th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Thankfully, not a single Valley program hired Chris Jans. Not sure he would gone anyway as he may be the heir apparent once Marshall gets bored with the MVC like he got bored with the Big South.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Drakey » November 17th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Bowling Green played extremely well and if this is their normal level of play they are very talented. I'm not sure how many of the players were newcomers, but they seemed to be very well organized and made very few mistakes. Did Jans ever apply for any Valley jobs?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » November 17th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Drakey wrote:Bowling Green played extremely well and if this is their normal level of play they are very talented. I'm not sure how many of the players were newcomers, but they seemed to be very well organized and made very few mistakes. Did Jans ever apply for any Valley jobs?

OK, you threw me a softball...the answer to your question is Jans had the second best coaching job in the Valley. :D
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » November 17th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Drakey wrote:Bowling Green played extremely well and if this is their normal level of play they are very talented. I'm not sure how many of the players were newcomers, but they seemed to be very well organized and made very few mistakes. Did Jans ever apply for any Valley jobs?

Jans and Bowling Green will be extremely successful in short order.

You might keep in mind that Jans probably had his team VERY well prepared for Drake. He has seen Drake, scouted Drake, knows Drake's plays and defenses. Add in his ability to coach and get the most out of guys and I don't think the result should be much of a surprise, or even indicative of future Drake results against the same caliber of teams this year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 17th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

Jans and Bowling Green will be extremely successful in short order.

You might keep in mind that Jans probably had his team VERY well prepared for Drake. He has seen Drake, scouted Drake, knows Drake's plays and defenses. Add in his ability to coach and get the most out of guys and I don't think the result should be much of a surprise, or even indicative of future Drake results against the same caliber of teams this year.

And, he's an Iowa native who had a lot of people in the stands to see him. Certainly didn't help Drake to have their two most experienced players in street clothes. Freshmen played almost 60% of the minutes for Drake....not a good recipe for coming back when the opponent starts the game red hot.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball