Redbirds fall to Utah State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Redbirds fall to Utah State

Postby AndShock » November 16th, 2014, 6:49 pm

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 14aab.html

10th in the Mountain West. And that article goes into a little detail about their squad. 11 newcomers. 5 JuCo transfers. Top 10 caliber and MVC favorite Illinois State got beaten at home by a completely new team. #FireMuller
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » November 16th, 2014, 7:16 pm

Birds looked pretty rough today...I was expecting better. Sure hope the shooting an interior defense improve a LOT over the next couple of months. On the plus side there weren't too many people in attendance to witness the loss.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 16th, 2014, 7:27 pm

hot nuts wrote:Birds looked pretty rough today...I was expecting better. Sure hope the shooting an interior defense improve a LOT over the next couple of months. On the plus side there weren't too many people in attendance to witness the loss.

You've got to know that I'm chomping at the bit to pile it on after an IlSU loss, but when IlSU posters are this clever after a loss, I just can't find it in my heart to say anything bad.

Damn, this kind of takes all the fun out of it.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » November 16th, 2014, 8:03 pm

bigdawg wrote:Utah St is usually pretty good fwiw

So you're suggesting that Utah State would win the Valley?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 16th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Maybe the Top 10 Redbirds were looking ahead to VCU?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isuredbirds92 » November 16th, 2014, 9:39 pm

I love how all WSU fans are so butt hurt about not getting all the first place votes. The pre-season poll has no bearing on how the season will turn out. However, this was a disappointing loss. I think this team will figure it out though. If they lose to Weber St, I'll consider pushing the panic button.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » November 16th, 2014, 9:44 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:I love how all WSU fans are so butt hurt about not getting all the first place votes. The pre-season poll has no bearing on how the season will turn out. However, this was a disappointing loss. I think this team will figure it out though. If they lose to Weber St, I'll consider pushing the panic button.

I think you're misunderstanding the reactions.

Personally, I'm glad my team doesn't have a coach that built his team up in the media in the preseason to be better than a Top 10 team, only to lose the first game of the season, at home, to a team that looks to be average, at best.

Don't be upset that people call it out when your coach talked a big talk and the absolute first minute it was time to start walking, he tripped and fell on his face.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » November 16th, 2014, 9:45 pm

hot nuts wrote:Birds looked pretty rough today...I was expecting better. Sure hope the shooting an interior defense improve a LOT over the next couple of months. On the plus side there weren't too many people in attendance to witness the loss.

:-)

I thought the defense looked pretty solid when we were pressing, and pretty bad when we weren't.

The ball movement was much better than it was last year, and we actually got a lot of really good looks. I'd love to see a shot chart; it seemed like we missed 15 or 20 close-in shots. I hope it was just an off night, but just to be safe I'll probably hold off a game or two before booking a hotel room for the Final Four.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SHOXMVC » November 16th, 2014, 9:53 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:I love how all WSU fans are so butt hurt about not getting all the first place votes. The pre-season poll has no bearing on how the season will turn out. However, this was a disappointing loss. I think this team will figure it out though. If they lose to Weber St, I'll consider pushing the panic button.

So, why are you focused on the "butt hurt" reaction of WSU fans if the pre-season poll is so un-important?

You might start focusing on why your team tripped on their zipper in a non-preseason game, which has a bearing on how the season will turn out. Also, asked your coach if he wants to rescind that vote he cast.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » November 16th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Honestly, it appears your post comes off as the most "butt hurty".

I mean what do you expect to happen when a coach, who hasn't proven jack sh*t, comes flying around the corner, pumping his team up as better than a Top 10 team, and then promptly loses his season opener at home to a team projected to finish 10th in the Mountain West?

I think the thing you should be butt hurt about the most is your head coach, not what other fans think.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball