Redbirds fall to Utah State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Redbirds fall to Utah State

Postby isuredbirds92 » November 16th, 2014, 11:10 pm

SHOXMVC wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:I love how all WSU fans are so butt hurt about not getting all the first place votes. The pre-season poll has no bearing on how the season will turn out. However, this was a disappointing loss. I think this team will figure it out though. If they lose to Weber St, I'll consider pushing the panic button.

So, why are you focused on the "butt hurt" reaction of WSU fans if the pre-season poll is so un-important?

You might start focusing on why your team tripped on their zipper in a non-preseason game, which has a bearing on how the season will turn out. Also, asked your coach if he wants to rescind that vote he cast.

I'm not "focused" on the reaction. More just mentioning it because it seems no one is going to let it go unless we do in fact win the league. I agree it is highly unlikely that this team will win the league, but in my opinion, there's nothing bad that can come from showing your team that you have confidence in them publicly. I understand the whole "fueling the fire" aspect for WSU, but I really don't see it making that much of a difference.

Anyways, I didn't see the game, but I was able to listen to the second half on the radio. Looking at the stats though, our shooting obviously is the glaring problem. I think that will improve vastly in the next game or two, as the team gets over the first game jitters. Like I said, if they lose to Weber St (or any other bad team on our schedule), then I'll consider hitting the panic button. But for now, I'll reserve judgement.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » November 17th, 2014, 1:10 am

isuredbirds92 wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:I love how all WSU fans are so butt hurt about not getting all the first place votes. The pre-season poll has no bearing on how the season will turn out. However, this was a disappointing loss. I think this team will figure it out though. If they lose to Weber St, I'll consider pushing the panic button.

So, why are you focused on the "butt hurt" reaction of WSU fans if the pre-season poll is so un-important?

You might start focusing on why your team tripped on their zipper in a non-preseason game, which has a bearing on how the season will turn out. Also, asked your coach if he wants to rescind that vote he cast.

I'm not "focused" on the reaction. More just mentioning it because it seems no one is going to let it go unless we do in fact win the league. I agree it is highly unlikely that this team will win the league, but in my opinion, there's nothing bad that can come from showing your team that you have confidence in them publicly. I understand the whole "fueling the fire" aspect for WSU, but I really don't see it making that much of a difference.

You act like this is the only time a stupid prediction has ever been laughed at. UK fans printed off a bunch of 40-0 shirts and lost very early in the season. There were a ton of articles written about it and UK fans were mocked throughout the year. Now imagine if Calipari was the one screaming about going 40-0. You don't think he would've gotten flak from everyone for that as soon as they lost?
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BTbird » November 17th, 2014, 8:42 am

Our coach picked us first in the MVC and we lose our first game at home to a team that isn't supposed to be that good. A ball busting is in order. Have at it.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Sir Sci » November 17th, 2014, 9:07 am

Wufan wrote:Yep, I meant MWC. They lost to the predicted 9th or 10th place team in the Mountain West. Not awesome.

USU has absolutely no returning starters from last season, so you would have hoped that a (1) hypothetically talented team that (2) returned four starters from last season could have beat them.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Mikovio » November 17th, 2014, 10:59 am

The good news is a top 10 team is only going to have one bad loss like this all year, two tops.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » November 17th, 2014, 11:03 am

Mikovio wrote:The good news is a top 10 team is only going to have one bad loss like this all year, two tops.

There was one top-10 team last year that failed to have a bad loss.

Back to Red...you wasted no time in getting the first "bad loss" on record. I trust you will let us know when number two happens.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby wgslaw » November 17th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Remember Redbird fans, the Chiefs opened at home losing to a below average Titans team. The sky had fallen in KC. Fast forward 9 weeks later and the Chiefs are 7-3 and tied for first having beaten Seattle, New England, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami etc. Just hope you are the Chiefs and not the Bears.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby isuredbirds92 » November 17th, 2014, 12:29 pm

BTbird wrote:Our coach picked us first in the MVC and we lose our first game at home to a team that isn't supposed to be that good. A ball busting is in order. Have at it.

Haha well said. We'll just have to put our money where our coach's mouth is in the very near future.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rlh04d » November 17th, 2014, 8:20 pm

BTbird wrote:Our coach picked us first in the MVC and we lose our first game at home to a team that isn't supposed to be that good. A ball busting is in order. Have at it.

:+1:

A sense of humor about it goes a long ways ;)
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUShock » November 17th, 2014, 9:57 pm

A lot of ball to be played.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext