Games 11/19

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games 11/19

Postby ACECARD » November 19th, 2014, 9:52 pm

pafan wrote:
ACECARD wrote:I'd bet that the Aces haven't won a road game by 19 points for the last 15 years. This year is going to be a little bit different from last year.

Nah. You only have to go back to 2012 with wins of 30 @ Bradley and 24 @ Drake.

That's why I don't bet.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » November 20th, 2014, 1:50 am

Bears looked great in their win but Avila wasn't any kind of a test being just an NAIA school.

Sat we play Texas Tech.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » November 20th, 2014, 12:11 pm

glm38 wrote:Bears looked great in their win but Avila wasn't any kind of a test being just an NAIA school.

Sat we play Texas Tech.

Pretty sure the lady at Great Clips last night graduated from Avila. Or is it Aveda Beauty School? I imagine their basketball teams are comparable.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 20th, 2014, 12:42 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
glm38 wrote:Bears looked great in their win but Avila wasn't any kind of a test being just an NAIA school.

Sat we play Texas Tech.

Pretty sure the lady at Great Clips last night graduated from Avila. Or is it Aveda Beauty School? I imagine their basketball teams are comparable.

Academically Avila is a pretty well respected small college. But from an athletics standpoint they just aren't in the same league with MSU or anyone in the Valley.

So the game didn't mean much. But our young guys got a lot of playing time. And Marcus Marshall just looks phenomenal.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » November 20th, 2014, 12:55 pm

How bad is Avila, you ask? So bad that Marshall got not 0, not 1, but TWO steals.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kip Dynamite » November 20th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Avila University is not good at all. They play in the NAIA Heart of America Conference and are based In Kansas City. The reason we played them is that their head coach is former MSU player, Rodney Perry.

All this game accomplished was give our freshman tons of minutes which should benefit them in the long run. Otherwise, you take nothing from it at all.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » November 20th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Kip Dynamite wrote:Avila University is not good at all. They play in the NAIA Heart of America Conference and are based In Kansas City. The reason we played them is that their head coach is former MSU player, Rodney Perry.

All this game accomplished was give our freshman tons of minutes which should benefit them in the long run. Otherwise, you take nothing from it at all.

Yeah, this sort of game is fine, IMO. It happens. The problem is in the totality of MSU's non-conference schedule. There are plenty of other opportunities to give the freshmen tons of minutes.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 20th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:Avila University is not good at all. They play in the NAIA Heart of America Conference and are based In Kansas City. The reason we played them is that their head coach is former MSU player, Rodney Perry.

Yeah, this sort of game is fine, IMO. It happens. The problem is in the totality of MSU's non-conference schedule. There are plenty of other opportunities to give the freshmen tons of minutes.

I agree. Our OOC schedule isn't the worst in the Valley but it isn't very good at all. If we do end up being an NCAA tourney caliber team it's going to be really tough to get in with our schedule. Unless we win arch madness.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » November 20th, 2014, 7:03 pm

The comment was more in jest of the name of the opponent, not MSU for playing them. A beauty school was the first thing I thought of when I heard it. Never heard of Avila before.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball