Game 11/20

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 11/20

Postby Khan4Cats » November 21st, 2014, 11:05 am

Cdizzle wrote:Neutral site will help. A veteran UNI team on a neutral court should be able to keep any runs from exploding into a game-ender.

The important thing right now is to get to that game without any losses. Winning that game will start to get Top 25 consideration. It'll also help WSU from getting jumped, so I can't be mad about that.

It's unfortunately not a neutral court. Don't know the reffing situation. We suffered out there 3 years ago thanks to Zelton Steed and Kipp Kissinger, last year with A-10 refs, we shot 28 free throws.

But I agree, this is a veteran squad that should not be terribly rattled.

I wouldn't be worried about WSU getting jumped soon, you guys are looking tough and I don't see Marshall permitting any letdowns (or Van Fleet, Baker or Cotton letting anyone off easy either).
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » November 21st, 2014, 11:16 am

Not sure why I thought that was a neutral game.

You're screwed. They get away with 4x as much as SIU did in the mid-2000s, just because "it's their thing."
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » November 21st, 2014, 3:05 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote: If they get that kind of effort all the time they can be scary good. Maybe not Wichita good, but still pretty damn good.

Maybe? I think UNI is going to be good this season, but they simply don't get after it on D like WSU does. Not that UNI can't beat WSU, they could but not over the long haul. WSU is too athletic (and talented).
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball