MSU @ Texas Tech 11/22

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU @ Texas Tech 11/22

Postby rlh04d » November 22nd, 2014, 10:27 pm

What a pathetic day for the Valley across the board.

MSU should be a top three Valley team and they get blown out by a bad B12 team. Drake looks pathetic against Western Michigan. Indiana State LOOKS like they played like s#it against an Ivy League school, but I'm sure there's a lot of promise going on there somewhere, and Lord knows I'm not allowed to have opinions about their box scores. And SIU gets handled by an Ivy League school.

Bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Go WSU. Go UNI. The rest of this conference can burn.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » November 22nd, 2014, 10:37 pm

I think people that were expecting MSU to compete at the top of the league going into this season were kidding themselves a bit. They have weak post play, no defense, and a star player that can't stay healthy for more than a half season. I don't see that recipe adding up to a very good team. They might still finish in the top 3. If they do, Simmons and/or Jacobson should be fired.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » November 23rd, 2014, 12:36 am

Re: Official 2014-15 MVCfans.com Prediction - 3rd Place

Postby sixth ace » October 7th, 2014, 7:17 am
I guess I missed the 4th place vote I believe there are 32 votes that determined the 5 spot . but they don't have an opinion on 4.

45%of all voters vote for Ill State in 5 th position.
100% of voters got no vote for 4th.
That 45% could put MSU in 4th but no one knows now

DJ Balentine imitation for Ruder. Good luck on the expectation in conference :Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » November 23rd, 2014, 12:55 am

Cdizzle wrote:I think people that were expecting MSU to compete at the top of the league going into this season were kidding themselves a bit. They have weak post play, no defense, and a star player that can't stay healthy for more than a half season. I don't see that recipe adding up to a very good team. They might still finish in the top 3. If they do, Simmons and/or Jacobson should be fired.

They were 4th in the Valley last year without their star player for most of the conference season, and didn't lose much. And Indiana State clearly got much worse going into this year.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 23rd, 2014, 12:55 am

rlh04d wrote:What a pathetic day for the Valley across the board.

MSU should be a top three Valley team and they get blown out by a bad B12 team. Drake looks pathetic against Western Michigan. Indiana State LOOKS like they played like s#it against an Ivy League school, but I'm sure there's a lot of promise going on there somewhere, and Lord knows I'm not allowed to have opinions about their box scores. And SIU gets handled by an Ivy League school.

Bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Western Michigan might be good this year, that might be a tough road ask for anyone but UNI and Wichita.

The rest of the conference is indeed burning. Except for Bradley, of which has already been burned and I'm not sure what's left to set ablaze.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DUBulldog » November 23rd, 2014, 7:56 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:
rlh04d wrote:What a pathetic day for the Valley across the board.

Bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Western Michigan might be good this year, that might be a tough road ask for anyone but UNI and Wichita.

WMU returned 4 starters from the team that won the MAC last season....they're a very solid team. Bulldogs will get better when Ricks and Madison return (Tuesday). Not saying they'll be good, but they'll be better.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rlh04d » November 23rd, 2014, 8:13 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:Western Michigan might be good this year, that might be a tough road ask for anyone but UNI and Wichita.

The rest of the conference is indeed burning. Except for Bradley, of which has already been burned and I'm not sure what's left to set ablaze.

I don't mind the loss. The blowout part is depressing.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 23rd, 2014, 9:36 am

I miss the days that the Valley was at least COMPETITIVE with half decent teams. Even pulling off wins now and then against teams percieved better. This conference has fallen so quick it is mind boggling. Multiple bids seem like a million years ago at this point.

I don't think the conference is ANY better top to bottom this year as a whole.

Good luck to UNI. You are our ONLY hope at another at large worthy team.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 23rd, 2014, 9:46 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:I miss the days that the Valley was at least COMPETITIVE with half decent teams. Even pulling off wins now and then against teams percieved better. This conference has fallen so quick it is mind boggling. Multiple bids seem like a million years ago at this point.

The conference has been disappointing, but it's way to early to write everyone off.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 23rd, 2014, 9:56 am

Wufan wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:I miss the days that the Valley was at least COMPETITIVE with half decent teams. Even pulling off wins now and then against teams percieved better. This conference has fallen so quick it is mind boggling. Multiple bids seem like a million years ago at this point.

The conference has been disappointing, but it's way to early to write everyone off.

Lol no, no it's not. Damage is done and I see NOTHING that gives ANY hope to believe otherwise. These teams are soooooo crappy. They can improve, sure, but then they will just be crappy instead of very crappy.

Again UNI, the pressure is on you to be the 2nd bid. Everyone else is a drag once again
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball