MSU @ Texas Tech 11/22

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU @ Texas Tech 11/22

Postby Wufan » November 23rd, 2014, 10:34 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:Under .500 against D-1 opponents, most losses not against top notch teams. Even sunshine pumpers can't spin this one.

Bradley and Drake are horrible and without two starters each. They are 0-5 against D-1 teams. Loyola was picked last and they are 0-1. SIU has been horrid, going 1-3. The top six are 11-4. I think we can hope to be a little top heavy this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » November 23rd, 2014, 10:41 am

Wufan wrote:The conference has been disappointing, but it's way to early to write everyone off.

A few of the teams are already a third of the way through their D1 noncon schedule.

If they don't pick it up, soon, the only thing they'll be able to do is torpedo the RPIs of the top half teams in conference play. Again.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 23rd, 2014, 11:05 am

Bradley will get back to full strength just in time for our unwinnable games (K-State and Memphis), and become good just in time to ruin everyone's RPI in conference play.

You're welcome MVC :dance:
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby aceslifer » November 23rd, 2014, 1:15 pm

I thoroughly enjoy everyone dismissing the ACES. Playing in a fairly strong mid major tourney at Florida Gulf Coast starting tomorrow. I'm predicting them to finish 12-1 non conference then starting conference play vs UNI with a home court victory. GO ACES.
aceslifer
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Snaggletooth » November 23rd, 2014, 1:40 pm

Wufan wrote:
The conference has been disappointing, but it's way to early to write everyone off.

I guess it all depends on whether u think any of these teams are going to change their stripes or not.......but I bet ELGIN is worrying.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » November 23rd, 2014, 2:18 pm

aceslifer wrote:I thoroughly enjoy everyone dismissing the ACES. Playing in a fairly strong mid major tourney at Florida Gulf Coast starting tomorrow. I'm predicting them to finish 12-1 non conference then starting conference play vs UNI with a home court victory. GO ACES.

They have Marty..... His greatest accomplishment at EU is losing a third grader, followed by eating a sixth grader.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » November 23rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

aceslifer wrote:I thoroughly enjoy everyone dismissing the ACES. Playing in a fairly strong mid major tourney at Florida Gulf Coast starting tomorrow. I'm predicting them to finish 12-1 non conference then starting conference play vs UNI with a home court victory. GO ACES.

I don't see anyone dismissing the Aces, try not to be so thin-skinned. Personally, I still believe they could and should finish at least 3rd, but nothing has happened yet. 2-0 against a D-3 and a horrible Miami squad is exactly where they should be. The talent is certainly there, but Marty has a history of under performing, so who knows yet. Are you willing to agree anything less than a 20 win season should be the end of the Simmons era?

Agrinut, do you turn 9 or 10 this year?
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » November 23rd, 2014, 2:53 pm

I'm not dismissing the Aces. I'm dismissing the Aces' schedule.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 23rd, 2014, 5:20 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Hopefully Wichita State can beat Newman.

They did. Dont know if Drake would though, sadly.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 23rd, 2014, 7:10 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:

I don't see anyone dismissing the Aces, try not to be so thin-skinned. Personally, I still believe they could and should finish at least 3rd, but nothing has happened yet. 2-0 against a D-3 and a horrible Miami squad is exactly where they should be. The talent is certainly there, but Marty has a history of under performing, so who knows yet. Are you willing to agree anything less than a 20 win season should be the end of the Simmons era?

Agrinut, do you turn 9 or 10 this year?

Marty's seat is hot and you can see that in his OOC schedule. The Aces should be a 13-5 to a 15-3 conference team this year
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball