Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby rlh04d » December 2nd, 2014, 10:02 pm

Aargh wrote:Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I dare you to find even one time that I have ever said anything positive about Frankamp at all. Even once. Find it. I have NO issue with you not thinking Frankamp is a good player -- I'm withholding judgment, not "fellating" him. But I have an issue with you:

1) Lying that your issue with him is about scholarships, when it clearly isn't, and it's been proven that you have not cared about past situations re: possible oversignings, as well as your continued refusal to even consider the fact that some of our current recruits might not end up being academically eligible;
2) Tearing down a WSU recruit like it's your job; and
3) Lying about the way you were treated on ShockerNet.

Not one of those issues involves me having an opinion on Frankamp one way or another. I haven't expressed such an opinion on here or on Shockernet. Not even once, because I simply don't have a strong opinion regarding him. I enjoy the fact that him leaving pissed off Self, but other than that, I don't really care. You running over to a conference board to lie about some alleged mistreatment on SN that you refuse to prove, though ... that annoys me. I am not attacking you. I attacked jjclamdip in this very thread if you want to see what that looks like. I am challenging you and the ridiculous assertions that you keep making, and you dodge and weave past them and lie that my issue is because, gee wiz, you just won't agree with me about how Frankamp is God.

Since you don't want to be misquoted, here's a direct quote illustrating how much you would want him at WSU if we just, gosh darnit, had the scholarship room to fit him in:

Aargh wrote:VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello. I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.

But sure, your only issue with him is the scholarship situation, right? So by all means, point out which part of what I said there was misquoting you, and I'll quote you directly to show it.

You're ostracizing and casting yourself aside because of the victim mentality you've adopted on this situation, because you couldn't handle the fact that 25 posts on this topic failed to convince anyone (except the guy ranting about how CF can't possibly be any good because he chose to, gasp, go to school with BROWN PEOPLE) of your point of view.

I never put my faith in Fr, JuCo trfrs in the first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials. I give those players the opportunity to show what they can do. Frankamp is in that group.

That's what you think you're doing here? You think you're giving him the opportunity to show what he can do? I forgot about all of the other times you've gone into threads about other FR, JuCo transfers, etc. and posted 30 times about how all of the hype is insane because they're unathletic, poor shooting recruiting busts who our current players would make "give up the game and maybe take up the cello." Could you point me to a few of those?

I am giving him the opportunity to show what he can do. I am not making positive or negative posts about him -- I'm reserving judgment until he proves it. You have CLEARLY already decided on your judgment before he ever even sets foot on campus, and you have NEVER done that with any other "Fr, Juco trfrs int he first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials." What you are doing is the antithesis of "[giving] those players the opportunity to show what they can do."

My less than eager enthusiasm to sign Frankamp caused non-stop attacks on ShockerNet.

Post one of them. Just one. If there were non-stop attacks, one of them should be easy to produce, right?

This word "attack" ... you keep using it. Not sure you know what it means.
Last edited by rlh04d on December 2nd, 2014, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SHOXMVC » December 2nd, 2014, 10:12 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Aargh wrote:Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I dare you to find even one time that I have ever said anything positive about Frankamp at all. Even once. Find it. I have NO issue with you not thinking Frankamp is a good player -- I'm withholding judgment, not "fellating" him. But I have an issue with you:

1) Lying that your issue with him is about scholarships, when it clearly isn't, and it's been proven that you have not cared about past situations re: possible oversignings, as well as your continued refusal to even consider the fact that some of our current recruits might not end up being academically eligible;
2) Tearing down a WSU recruit like it's your job; and
3) Lying about the way you were treated on ShockerNet.

Not one of those issues involves me having an opinion on Frankamp one way or another. I haven't expressed such an opinion on here or on Shockernet. Not even once, because I simply don't have a strong opinion regarding him. I enjoy the fact that him leaving pissed off Self, but other than that, I don't really care. You running over to a conference board to lie about some alleged mistreatment on SN that you refuse to prove, though ... that annoys me. I am not attacking you. I attacked jjclamdip in this very thread if you want to see what that looks like. I am challenging you and the ridiculous assertions that you keep making, and you dodge and weave past them and lie that my issue is because, gee wiz, you just won't agree with me about how Frankamp is God.

Since you don't want to be misquoted, here's a direct quote illustrating how much you would want him at WSU if we just, gosh darnit, had the scholarship room to fit him in:

Aargh wrote:VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello. I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.

But sure, your only issue with him is the scholarship situation, right? So by all means, point out which part of what I said there was misquoting you, and I'll quote you directly to show it.

You're ostracizing and casting yourself aside because of the victim mentality you've adopted on this situation, because you couldn't handle the fact that 25 posts on this topic failed to convince anyone (except the guy ranting about how CF can't possibly be any good because he chose to, gasp, go to school with BROWN PEOPLE) of your point of view.

My less than eager enthusiasm to sign Frankamp caused non-stop attacks on ShockerNet.

Post one of them. Just one. If there were non-stop attacks, one of them should be easy to produce, right?

This word "attack" ... you keep using it. Not sure you know what it means.

Now share how you really feel!!! 8-)
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jjclamdip » January 26th, 2015, 8:58 am

BUMP, breaking news to follow.

Wichita State basketball player Conner Frankamp has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, records show.

Frankamp was arrested at 12:33 a.m. Sunday at Kellogg and Maize, Wichita police Lt. James Espinoza said. He was also cited for “improper driving on laned roadway” and “unsafe turning or stopping,” according to a booking report released by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office.

Frankamp, 19, transferred to Wichita State from Kansas last month. He is sitting out this semester and next as part of NCAA rules regarding transfers, but has been practicing with the team. He was the Wichita City League’s career scoring leader while at North High.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/articl ... rylink=cpy
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Trapped in CA » January 26th, 2015, 11:24 am

Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » January 26th, 2015, 11:28 am

Trapped in CA wrote:Blew a .186 per ESPN / AP http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12230611/wichita-state-shockers-guard-conner-frankamp-arrested-suspicion-dui - that's pretty impressive for a 19 year old. Still has work to do if he wants the record http://affotd.com/2012/04/16/eight-of-t ... -all-time/

Yeah, kind of unfortunate for WSU that they have made themselves nationally known on this one, otherwise the title would have read 'former kansas jayhawk guard conner frankamp....'

Have a feeling someone will be at the minimum running a lot, don't think GM will tolerate much of this.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Trapped in CA » January 26th, 2015, 11:32 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
Have a feeling someone will be at the minimum running a lot, don't think GM will tolerate much of this.

Just to sweat it all out.
Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » January 26th, 2015, 11:58 am

He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

He wasn't going to play, but if he hadn't been delayed, he would have made it home maybe 10 or 11 hours before he was supposed to show up to get ready for a game. The rest of the players are unlikely to be very receptive to that level of disrespect for them.

Getting some "advice" from the coaching staff to remain on the team is one thing. It could be another thing to repair any damage he may have done to his relationship with the rest of the team.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » January 26th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Aargh wrote:He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

Given his physical condition, and the fact that in order to consume enough to get that BAC and still be "functioning" means it would be a lot more than 10 beers.

Not that I ever drank that much in college to know... :buddies: :buddies: :buddies:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 26th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Aargh wrote:He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

He wasn't going to play, but if he hadn't been delayed, he would have made it home maybe 10 or 11 hours before he was supposed to show up to get ready for a game. The rest of the players are unlikely to be very receptive to that level of disrespect for them.

Getting some "advice" from the coaching staff to remain on the team is one thing. It could be another thing to repair any damage he may have done to his relationship with the rest of the team.

I was going to suggest that he may have to do dribbling drills with Cotton or Van Vleet hounding him up and down the court but I'm pretty sure there are Geneva Protocols in place that prevent that and it would almost certainly illicit a Senate report from Dianne Feinstein.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:BUMP, breaking news to follow.

Wichita State basketball player Conner Frankamp has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, records show.

Frankamp was arrested at 12:33 a.m. Sunday at Kellogg and Maize, Wichita police Lt. James Espinoza said. He was also cited for “improper driving on laned roadway” and “unsafe turning or stopping,” according to a booking report released by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office.

Frankamp, 19, transferred to Wichita State from Kansas last month. He is sitting out this semester and next as part of NCAA rules regarding transfers, but has been practicing with the team. He was the Wichita City League’s career scoring leader while at North High.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/articl ... rylink=cpy

You might win that bet of yours yet.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball