Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Cdizzle » November 27th, 2014, 12:12 am

Championz wrote:
bigdawg wrote:
Championz wrote:Omaha, Nebraska sure is the red-headed stepchild in that league.

No question but it's the Paris of the Valley.

That's awesome. Was by the way, not is.

Is your whole point of being here is to antagonize WSU fans at every way possible?

WSU can certainly do and certainly has done better things in the wimpy Valley than Creighton has done ever or will ever do in the Big East. That is a fact. Unless of course you count visiting tourist destinations in larger cities as a point emphasis, then of course, Creighton has scoreboard there.

Oh, I don't know if I would go that far. WSU has managed to visit Salt Lake, Maui, Cancun, New York City, Los Angeles, Portland and Atlanta in the past few years.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jjclamdip » November 27th, 2014, 8:24 am

Rollbird5 wrote:I know Frankamp has been looking at a couple schools including Wichita. My sister goes to kansas and told me that he was goin to choose Wichita st. Her roommate knows him and went to high school with him I guess. Any of u shockers know or could confirm this? Would be a good addition next year I believe

The Shox do not need him or his pain in the ass father.

The only reason he went to North High in Wichita is because it is the only high school that would agree to let his father be an assistant coach. No one in their right mind would attend the school if given a choice, North high is an inner city school full of minority (or majority) students suited better for soccer than basketball.

He can shoot and drain three point shots all day long, if unguarded, but has trouble with athletic defenders on him. He has slow feet, very little jumping ability and on defense is a liability.

He possess no skill that would put him ahead of any of the WSU starters or bench players. He may be slightly better than a couple of the walk on guys but that is very debatable.

Marshall may have recruited him when starting the program years ago but not now.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby rlh04d » November 27th, 2014, 11:40 am

Jjclamdip wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:I know Frankamp has been looking at a couple schools including Wichita. My sister goes to kansas and told me that he was goin to choose Wichita st. Her roommate knows him and went to high school with him I guess. Any of u shockers know or could confirm this? Would be a good addition next year I believe

The only reason he went to North High in Wichita is because it is the only high school that would agree to let his father be an assistant coach. No one in their right mind would attend the school if given a choice, North high is an inner city school full of minority (or majority) students suited better for soccer than basketball.

He can shoot and drain three point shots all day long, if unguarded, but has trouble with athletic defenders on him. He has slow feet, very little jumping ability and on defense is a liability.

He possess no skill that would put him ahead of any of the WSU starters or bench players. He may be slightly better than a couple of the walk on guys but that is very debatable.

Marshall may have recruited him when starting the program years ago but not now.

And we didn't even make it through two pages before the racist morons came out.

And Marshall is recruiting him now, actively.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I hadn't looked at Shockernet in quite some time. Wow a 49 page thread related to this kid?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 27th, 2014, 6:54 pm

glm38 wrote:I hadn't looked at Shockernet in quite some time. Wow a 49 page thread related to this kid?

There seems to be at least a couple of folks with differing opinions.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jjclamdip » November 27th, 2014, 8:48 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:

And we didn't even make it through two pages before the racist morons came out.

And Marshall is recruiting him now, actively.

Yea, that is all Marshall needs is a slow white kid that hogs the ball, can't jump and can't defend.

If you believe that Gregg Marshall is considering CF it is obvious that that you have been kicked in the head by a horse.

And by the way go f*** yourself.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Aargh » November 27th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Uh, JJ, you haven't been on ShockerNet recently. If you had, you would realize that only one attitude toward Frankamp is allowed, and that involves slobbering all over his goobers.

My big problem with Frankamp getting a scholarship for '15-'16, is that the Shox are already over-recruited. "Typical" turnover plus Baker going NBA solves the issue, but adding another scholarship player pretty much requires cutting a current player or commit. I'm strongly opposed to that.

The Frankamp supporters never name a player they want to see gone, they just say "Marshall will figure it out" or "What's the matter, don't you trust Marshall?", which is not a suggestion of resolving the over-recruiting issue, it's just a way to make those who question signing another 2015 recruit appear to not trust the coach. That creates a hopeless position for discussion, so only those who support signing Frankamp are still participating in the discussion on ShockerNet.

Frankamp realized that Self had recruited over him, and shortly after practices started, he realized he wasn't going to get much PT at KU, so he left. By asking for a scholarship at WSU, he would be asking Marshall to do what Frankamp found so distasteful at KU.

There is a difference. Frankamp was recruited over at KU, but still had a chance to earn PT by showing he deserved it. By asking for a scholarship at WSU, he'd be asking WSU to cut a player. That player wouldn't have a chance to compete for PT, which is an even worse situation than Frankamp had, which caused him such a problem that he quit his team in October.

If he wants to pay his own way for a year and a half, fine - come on down. If he can demonstrate that he deserves a scholarship after '15-'16, great. Just don't ever ask me to support cutting a player or backing out on a recruit because another option became available after commitments were made.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 27th, 2014, 9:35 pm

One more thing. A lot of WSU fans want Marshall to park one (or two) of the commits at Sunrise (a prep school 5 miles from campus). The other two commits already have a prep school year, so they're not a prep school option.

Teddy Hawkins was a WSU commit who got parked at a prep school. Not only did that not turn out well, but it also created a lot of bad will that may not have existed otherwise. Unless a recruit is 100% committed to the school AND to a prep school year, there's a serious possibility of reopening recruitment.

I really don't want another WSU/IlSU situation if that can be avoided.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 27th, 2014, 9:48 pm

It's looking more and more likely that Conner will be enrolled at WSU this spring.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » November 27th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:
Yea, that is all Marshall needs is a slow white kid that hogs the ball, can't jump and can't defend.

If you believe that Gregg Marshall is considering CF it is obvious that that you have been kicked in the head by a horse.

And by the way go f*** yourself.

Man, I must have been kicked on the head. For some reason I assumed Marshall walking him through the dorms yesterday was recruiting.

And by the way you're still a racist piece of s*** and an embarrassment to both WSU fans and all fans on this board. Happy Thanksgiving.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball