Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby rlh04d » November 27th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Aargh wrote:Uh, JJ, you haven't been on ShockerNet recently. If you had, you would realize that only one attitude toward Frankamp is allowed, and that involves slobbering all over his goober.

Good God man. I have never seen someone so focused on the recruitment of a kid as you have been. You have honestly written thousands of words about him now.

I have absolutely no clue why you care about this issue so much. Did he take your daughter out to a fancy seafood dinner and then never call her again? You're a grown man throwing a nonstop temper tantrum about the recruitment of a 19 year old.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » November 27th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Marshall has a plan and is recruiting him. I'm not sure what that plan may be. What I'm hearing is that he is coming to WSU. I'm not sure of the accuracy of the rumor but it does come from someone with connections to the program.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » November 28th, 2014, 12:10 am

Aargh has picked a really weird hill to die on.

Marshall is recruiting the guy. Acting like Frankamp is somehow forcing our coach into coughing up a scholarship is strange. Marshall is hardly a spineless wimp. If he didn't want him, he would have no problem saying the inn is full. He has done it before many, many times.

I am confident there is lots of information none of us are privy to regarding the scholarship situation. If HCGM wants Frankamp, I am confident it is probably to the program's benefit. He has earned all benefit of the doubt.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 28th, 2014, 12:35 am

Play Angry wrote:Aargh has picked a really weird hill to die on.

Marshall is recruiting the guy. Acting like Frankamp is somehow forcing our coach into coughing up a scholarship is strange. Marshall is hardly a spineless wimp. If he didn't want him, he would have no problem saying the inn is full. He has done it before many, many times.

I am confident there is lots of information none of us are privy to regarding the scholarship situation. If HCGM wants Frankamp, I am confident it is probably to the program's benefit. He has earned all benefit of the doubt.

Let me bring this back to the significant point. Do you want Marshall to cut a current player on the roster or back out on a commitment to a commit who's signed a LoI.

If that's what you want, name the player you want to see cut to make room for Frankamp. If that's not what you want, give your plan for how to deal with the scholarship situation. "Trust Marshall" doesn't cut it. Marshall has to either cut a player or park a recruit at Sunrise. If that recruit doesn't want to be parked at Sunrise, we've got a Teddy Hawkins situation - and I'm not looking forward to another of those.

I am confident Marshall is recruiting Frankamp as an invited walk-on and showing him the facilities and amenities he would get for what he'd pay to be a part of a top-10 team.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » November 28th, 2014, 1:07 am

Just because you say a situation has a binary outcome does not make it so. You are being disingenuous at best.

For all any of us know, Evan Wessel may plan to walk on next season or move on from basketball since he will graduate in the spring. Conner may indeed be planning to walk-on for 1.5 seasons. A current recruit may have scored lower than expected on the summer/fall administration of the ACTs. The possibilities are plentiful and you know that.

You have never, ever gone to such great lengths on numerous past "over-commits" or the very obvious present alleged over-verbal of Mychal Mulder, so I am sure you can see why everyone thinks you have an axe to grind.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 28th, 2014, 1:35 am

Play Angry wrote:Just because you say a situation has a binary outcome does not make it so. You are being disingenuous at best.

For all any of us know, Evan Wessel may plan to walk on next season or move on from basketball since he will graduate in the spring. Conner may indeed be planning to walk-on for 1.5 seasons. A current recruit may have scored lower than expected on the summer/fall administration of the ACTs. The possibilities are plentiful and you know that.

You have never, ever gone to such great lengths on numerous past "over-commits" or the very obvious present alleged over-verbal of Mychal Mulder, so I am sure you can see why everyone thinks you have an axe to grind.

So. you want to take a starter this year and ask him to be a walk-on next year? Wessel may graduate and may choose to pursue a career outside of basketball, but that only frees up scholarship room for already committed recruits.

I have never gone to such great lengths to question over-committing because it has never occurred that WSU may be in a position of over-recruiting by 3. Trust me, if Marshall had 2 graduating and had 5 signing LoI's, I'd be complaining.

The commitment of Mychal Muldar has only been reported by Muldar and his HS coach. There's no indication from either WSU or any recruiting services that he even has an accepted offer from WSU.

I think I've demonstrated to posters in this forum that anyone questioning Frankamp is going to be attacked by some WSU posters.

As a Fr in D1 Garrett Stutz hit 37% of his 3-point shots. Frankamp hit 31% of his 3-point shots. I'm going to take more crap from the pro-Krankamp posters for posting facts. I'd rather have a 7' guy who hits 37% than a 6' guy who hits 31%. Gee, do big guys have easier shots from 3 than short guys?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » November 28th, 2014, 4:25 am

Aargh wrote:
Play Angry wrote:Just because you say a situation has a binary outcome does not make it so. You are being disingenuous at best.

So. you want to take a starter this year and ask him to be a walk-on next year? Wessel may graduate and may choose to pursue a career outside of basketball, but that only frees up scholarship room for already committed recruits.

I have never gone to such great lengths to question over-committing because it has never occurred that WSU may be in a position of over-recruiting by 3. Trust me, if Marshall had 2 graduating and had 5 signing LoI's, I'd be complaining.

The commitment of Mychal Muldar has only been reported by Muldar and his HS coach. There's no indication from either WSU or any recruiting services that he even has an accepted offer from WSU.

I think I've demonstrated to posters in this forum that anyone questioning Frankamp is going to be attacked by some WSU posters.

As a Fr in D1 Garrett Stutz hit 37% of his 3-point shots. Frankamp hit 31% of his 3-point shots. I'm going to take more crap from the pro-Krankamp posters for posting facts. I'd rather have a 7' guy who hits 37% than a 6' guy who hits 31%. Gee, do big guys have easier shots from 3 than short guys?

Don't you want to go back to that site where all 5 people who post agree on everything? :D
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » November 28th, 2014, 6:44 am

Here's what I see here:

Aargh continually ranting about this recruitment like it's the biggest issue in the world, hoping like hell that someone, anyone, will take up the argument that he wants to have, even though absolutely no one is actually giving him that argument here.

Several others of us who have no idea why this one particular recruitment matters so damn much to you, and assume we probably don't have enough information to base strong opinions on, because we're not on the coaching staff and don't know the academic standing of our current recruits

No one is having the argument you want to have here. You can write another 40 posts on the subject and it won't make it so. You're arguing with yourself and quite frankly it's just bizarre and embarrassing. There hasn't even been one post in this thread about how we should recruit him... Hell I don't think there has even been one positive comment regarding him yet. So who are you arguing with? You're just constantly repeating the same thing and going "see? See?! Anyone who says anything negative gets attacked!" Even if anyone here did want to have an honest discussion with you regarding this, the victim complex in every post you make on it makes that impossible.

I could care less whether CF is on the team or not. I don't know how many of our current recruits are going to be academically eligible, and I don't know if Marshall is offering him a full scholarship or not. I don't get worked up on assumptions and guesses like you are.

You left Shockernet and specifically took yourself out of a position to continue this debate. You clearly still want to be there having this debate. Go do so, or don't, but stop trying to artificially create it here while pretending you're being attacked for your opinion.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 28th, 2014, 7:08 am

Aargh wrote:[

In 2012 we had too many scholarship players signed.

Returning scholarship players: 6

Carl Hall, Tekele Cotton, Demetric Williams, Evan Wessel, Jake White, Ehimen Orukpe

New Scholarship players: 9

Malcolm Armstead, Ron Baker (walk on from previous year), Fred VanVleet, Cleanthony Early, Nick Wiggins, Chadrack Lufile, Derail Green, Kadeem Coleby (gave up scholarship to walk on), Joe Mitchell (gave up scholarship to walk on-left when he didn't earn a schollie)

Committed Players that never played: 3

Teddy Hawkins (academically ineligable), Henry Uwaidae (academically ineligable), Earl Watson (academically ineligable)

Players previously on scholarship that did not return: 1

James Anacreon

That was 19 players committed.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 28th, 2014, 8:17 am

Well this has been entertaining. From an outsiders perspective I do see Arghs point about over committing scholarships. But when you have a proven coach (actually one of the best in the country) I think you take a flyer and just trust he's going to do what's best for your players and the program. Just my 2 cents.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball