Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Wufan » November 28th, 2014, 8:29 am

I also have no issues with not wanting CF because either he doesn't fit or you don't want someone else to lose a scholarship.

That's a good problem to have: worried that a top 40 player doesn't fit, and therefore has no value over a current/future player.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » November 28th, 2014, 3:03 pm

glm38 wrote:Well this has been entertaining. From an outsiders perspective I do see Arghs point about over committing scholarships. But when you have a proven coach (actually one of the best in the country) I think you take a flyer and just trust he's going to do what's best for your players and the program. Just my 2 cents.

I have no problem with Aargh's point. I have a probably with the way he's presenting it, and the repetitive manner in which he's doing so. I've never been involved in this debate, and quite frankly really don't care that much as I don't get too focused on recruiting talk, but this is the major problem I see with the debate in general:

The truth is that a fairly substantial number of WSU's recruits in the past several years have failed to academically qualify. His point, for the most part, relies on an assumption that every recruit is going to qualify, and so his repeated point of "well who do you want to lose a scholarship/go to prep school/etc." is based on pretty ridiculous assumption. All you have to do is look at recent history to say that our ASSUMPTION about how recruiting is going to turn out is almost never correct -- Derail Green and Jake White transferring in addition to numerous recruits not being eligible. These are details that the coaching staff is aware of ahead of time and factor into recruiting, but which we as fans are not aware of, and it's why getting into any kind of debate about scholarship numbers is ridiculous. If Marshall is still recruiting, then we have an open scholarship and we just don't know it yet.

The weirdest part of all of this to me is that Aargh was never attacked about his opinions on CF -- not even close, actually. I actually just skimmed back through 49 pages of that ridiculous thread to confirm that, because I didn't think I could have possibly remembered that right with how adamant he has been about accusing people of shouting down anyone with a differing opinion ... but I didn't remember it wrong.

I'm getting tired of getting chastised for being "anti-Frankamp"

Uh, JJ, you haven't been on ShockerNet recently. If you had, you would realize that only one attitude toward Frankamp is allowed, and that involves slobbering all over his goobers.

Not once in 49 pages on Shockernet was Aargh ever "chastised for being anti-Frankamp." Aargh posted 25 times in that thread and not once was he ever quoted and criticized or criticized by name. Over and over and over again he posted essentially the exact same argument, and it was accepted without problem. The weirdest part was that no one was even debating him -- he had 25 posts in that thread and there were only two or three times that anyone ever actually directly disagreed with him.

Others were criticized for personally attacking CF in a manner that was disrespectful to a potential future WSU player, and Aargh immediately assumed every one of those criticisms were directly at him personally, for some insane reason, and now it's turned into some weird victim mentality where he quit the forum and rampaged over here to rant about his unfair treatment ...

This whole thing is bizarre to watch, and why I and a few others think there has to be something more going on here than just worrying about scholarship numbers.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jjclamdip » November 28th, 2014, 3:18 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:
Yea, that is all Marshall needs is a slow white kid that hogs the ball, can't jump and can't defend.

If you believe that Gregg Marshall is considering CF it is obvious that that you have been kicked in the head by a horse.

And by the way go f*** yourself.

Man, I must have been kicked on the head. For some reason I assumed Marshall walking him through the dorms yesterday was recruiting.

And by the way you're still a racist piece of s*** and an embarrassment to both WSU fans and all fans on this board. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your kind wishes regarding Thanksgiving we had a great time and I hope that you are your family did also.

I tell you what, if Connor Frankamp ever plays in a game for Wichita State I meet you at 13th and Rochester in Wichita, Ks (where North High is located) under the Ginkgo tree and kiss your butt. I will also give you a check to the charity of your choice for $500.00.

This is a win-win deal for you I ask nothing if he enrolls anywhere else.

:dance:
Last edited by Jjclamdip on November 28th, 2014, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PantherSigEp » November 28th, 2014, 3:19 pm

Can someone remind me why this was brought over from Shockernet? Not trying to be snooty but until the kid makes a decision to be a Valley player than this isn't Valley news its just speculation related to a Valley school. As far as I can tell, at the moment it doesn't have any real relevance to most of the posters on here until something more concrete occurs. Or did we just feel it was necessary to make all of us bear witness to a Shocker Squabble?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jjclamdip » November 28th, 2014, 3:26 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Can someone remind me why this was brought over from Shockernet? Not trying to be snooty but until the kid makes a decision to be a Valley player than this isn't Valley news its just speculation related to a Valley school. As far as I can tell, at the moment it doesn't have any real relevance to most of the posters on here until something more concrete occurs. Or did we just feel it was necessary to make all of us bear witness to a Shocker Squabble?

Is someone forcing you to click on this thread?

If so report the bully as soon as you can!

Remember, it is completely under your control whether you read any of it or not.

I would suggest not following it and you will be a happy camper.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby rlh04d » November 28th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:
Yea, that is all Marshall needs is a slow white kid that hogs the ball, can't jump and can't defend.

If you believe that Gregg Marshall is considering CF it is obvious that that you have been kicked in the head by a horse.

And by the way go f*** yourself.

Man, I must have been kicked on the head. For some reason I assumed Marshall walking him through the dorms yesterday was recruiting.

And by the way you're still a racist piece of s*** and an embarrassment to both WSU fans and all fans on this board. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your kind wishes regarding Thanksgiving we had a great time and I hope that you are your family did also.

I tell you what, if Connor Frankamp ever plays in a game for Wichita State I meet you at 13th and Rochester in Wichita, Ks (where North High is located) under the Ginkgo tree and kiss your butt. I will also give you a check to the charity of your choice for $500.00.

This is a win-win deal for you I ask nothing if he enrolls anywhere else.

:dance:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Where do you think I'm arguing that WSU should be recruiting him, or that he'll be a good fit at WSU, or anything else? Marshall IS recruiting him -- he's gone to a game, he's been taken into the locker room, he's been personally shown around the dorms by Marshall. Arguing that Marshall isn't recruiting him just makes you clueless. Between you and Aargh, neither of you actually needs anyone to debate with ... if the other person doesn't give you the argument you're looking for, you just pretend they did.

In no way would you kissing my ass be a win for me.

Although I'll happily accept your $500 check to a charity of my choice if Frankamp plays in a game at WSU. You donating money to a charity is about the only interest I have in whether CF plays a game at WSU or not. I prefer the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. I'm sure they'll be glad to have your generous gift.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUShock » November 28th, 2014, 5:02 pm

As I said on SN, if HCGM Wants/takes him, that is fine by me. IMO Marshall has more than earned that trust of the Shocker fan base.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Play Angry » November 28th, 2014, 5:10 pm

DUShock wrote:As I said on SN, if HCGM Wants/takes him, that is fine by me. IMO Marshall has more than earned that trust of the Shocker fan base.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!

Sorry, you've been told this answer is unacceptable. You are either:

1) Pro Frankamp, which means you support death by execution of a current player/signee (and only after lengthy waterboarding); or

2) Anti Frankamp, which means you value things like loyalty and integrity.

Choose wisely, DU.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » November 28th, 2014, 5:22 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Can someone remind me why this was brought over from Shockernet? Not trying to be snooty but until the kid makes a decision to be a Valley player than this isn't Valley news its just speculation related to a Valley school. As far as I can tell, at the moment it doesn't have any real relevance to most of the posters on here until something more concrete occurs. Or did we just feel it was necessary to make all of us bear witness to a Shocker Squabble?

Oh, hush...grab some popcorn and join the rest of us on the couch.
;)
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » November 28th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Play Angry wrote:
2) Anti Frankamp, which means you value things like loyalty and integrity.

Choose wisely, DU.

you forgot to add for 2) that they are racist
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball