Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Rollbird5 » November 25th, 2014, 9:57 pm

I know Frankamp has been looking at a couple schools including Wichita. My sister goes to kansas and told me that he was goin to choose Wichita st. Her roommate knows him and went to high school with him I guess. Any of u shockers know or could confirm this? Would be a good addition next year I believe
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Frankamp to wsu?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 25th, 2014, 11:20 pm

I believe this is very likely.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » November 25th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Lots of rumors flying around. All we know at this point is that both parties are interested.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 26th, 2014, 12:36 am

Frankamp has to pay his own way second semester this year at any of the schools he's considering (WSU, Creighton, Colorado). If he chooses to attend WSU, he has to be ready, willing, and able to pay his own way through the 2015-'16 season.

The WSU fanbase is split on getting him. He was a top-40 prospect out of HS. He's a 6' SG who "can play" PG. The WSU fans who want local players or have personal or emotional attachments want Frankamp so bad, they would probably neuter their children if that's what it took to get him.

The other portion of the fanbase sees a 6' SG who's not really athletic, quick, or speedy, and wonders if his HS game translates to D1, where his defenders would be bigger, quicker, and faster than he saw in HS.

Last year KU had everything needed to win a NC, other than a PG. KU had the #1 and #3 NBA picks in addition to Perry Ellis in the front court and an outstanding SG. Frankamp couldn't beat out Naadir "Dribble It Off Your Leg" Tharpe for PG minutes. Tharpe got cut at the end of the season last year.

When KU signed a "one-and-done" PG this year, evidently it was October before Frankamp realized he wasn't going to be getting many minutes. Frankamp and his Dad had a meeting with Bill Self and immediately announced Frankamp was leaving KU.

If Frankamp wants to pay his own way until there's a schollie available, I'll support him as a Shocker. If he wants Marshall to cut a current player to give him a schollie, I'd rather he chose another option.

My less than eager enthusiasm to sign Frankamp caused non-stop attacks on ShockerNet. Not needing that, I no longer post on that site.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » November 26th, 2014, 2:50 am

Personally, I don't want this debate here on a Missouri Valley Fan Website, but since Aargh brought it here, I'll weigh in. I disagree that the Shocker fanbase is divided on this issue. A small group of fans don't want Frankamp to come to WSU (personally their opinion makes no sense). Most fans want Marshall to decide what he needs in players and are willing to accept his decision (if he wants another bullet or not). Most of us don't know how decisions are made regarding scholarships and think that he will have to walk on for some amount of time. Last year, we had a back up (150 recruit) point guard that came to WSU and we were accepting him to play. Before the season even began, a heart condition came up and he never played for the Shockers although he is still there on scholarship which doesn't count against our 13. While that may not happen again, we don't know what will happen. Coach knows more about the grade situations, players who may attend Sunrise Christian, and other options that may exist.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » November 26th, 2014, 4:34 am

I'm bored with this topic on Shockernet. I'm bored with it here. It seems to be a very important topic to Aargh, though ;)
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 26th, 2014, 5:52 am

There is no news. Only rumors.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » November 26th, 2014, 10:07 am

He was reported by one of the local sports reporters on Twitter yesterday that he was touring the dorms and student center with Marshall yesterday. Take that for what its worth.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 26th, 2014, 12:27 pm

He is going to Creighton. Book it Dano
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mike » November 26th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:He is going to Creighton. Book it Dano

. . . . . and miss a chance to visit Carbondale, Cedar Falls and Terre Haute?? Say it isn't true!
Mike
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball