Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Play Angry » December 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm

Aargh wrote:
rlh04d wrote:Something tells me this was always your problem with him, and worries over scholarship counts were just how you chose to frame your complaint. You don't want to feel like we're getting KU's leftovers.

My only issue with Frankamp is the scholarship situation. I even trust Marshall. I trust Marshall explained the scholarship situation very clearly and Frankamp thought he could deal with whatever it was that Marshall could offer, which may not be a guaranteed scholarship for 2015-'16.

If Frankamp gets a scholarship in 2015-'26, we could end up parking a recruit at Sunrise again. If that happens, it will be November next year (early signing period) before we know if signing Frankamp caused us to lose a current recruit.

As to whether I think Frankamp is a good get, which has also been questioned, I will give a couple of thoughts.

1. I thought Frankamp was overrated coming out of HS

2. I was not surprised by Frankamp's results at KU last year. I was a little surprised at his performance against Stanford. I never did buy into one game trumping an entire season.

3. He's not a PG and may never be a PG. Posters on ShockerNet already have him as the next AA out of WSU, and as the second-best PG in the history of the Valley (behind VanVleet). I will gladly give Frankamp the opportunity to deserves that praise, but I do not award that based on his playing a different position his entire career to this point.

4. He's got Doug McDermott's ability to hit uncanny shots from 3. He's a great shooter, but I don't know if can effectively defend D1 PG's at 6' tall. He will have people simply shooting over him. R'ian Holland is only 6', but that guy can jump out of the gym.

5. I'm glad to see him at WSU, but I'm not proclaiming him GodFrankampGod, which appears to be the only option on ShockerNet. Some poster over there are starting to remind me of posters on phog.net. It's getting a little arrogant.

BTW, Clamdip hasn't lost his bet yet. It will be at least a little over a year before the outcome of that wager cam be known.

Sometimes it is just best to pack up and move on. Your statements regarding #3 and #5 re: SN cannot be backed up unless your meter is so off that you mistake tongue-in-cheek humor for bellicose boasting.

I don't think anyone is buying the martyr shtick.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » December 1st, 2014, 7:01 pm

Aargh wrote:My only issue with Frankamp is the scholarship situation...

BTW, Clamdip hasn't lost his bet yet. It will be at least a little over a year before the outcome of that wager cam be known.

Your bitterness over an imaginary reaction against you on ShockerNet isn't even funny. It's honestly depressing.

Read my previous post re: Clamdip's bet. Already said that.

Here's the recap of every argument you've made yet on this topic:

"CF isn't any good, he's an overrated shooter who will never be able to play PG, and I know this based on his 8 mpg. He will inevitably cause us to lose a more talented recruit, and I know they're more talented based on their 0 mpg/Henderson's exact same numbers. We will have to take a scholarship away from a player to give it to him, and I know this because I know the grades and academic standing of every current recruit. ShockerNet posters are proclaiming him God, even though I can't post one instance of such happening. ShockerNet posters ran me out of the place for disagreeing with them, even though I can't produce even one mean thing ever said to me about it on there."

And on and on and on.

And you can keep saying "your only issue with CF is the scholarship issue" if you want, but you yourself just proved that was a lie with the rest of your post. I can also post about thirty statements from you that prove you have far greater issues with CF than the scholarship issue. You decided to stake your claim on the scholarship issue because you thought that was a safer bet than continuing to argue that he is an inferior basketball player, even though you also keep making that argument. Just because you deleted every post you made on ShockerNet about him doesn't mean what you said is gone.

You've decided to go down in flames while repeatedly ripping apart a committed Shocker recruit, and soon to be player. Just understand that. You haven't merely casually questioned his ability to succeed with WSU -- you've ripped him apart to the level of casting him as unquestionably inferior to Cory Henderson. You have, at various points; called him unathletic, lacking quickness, lacking physical attributes that transfer to the D1 level; stated that his 29% 3PT shooting is about what to expect of him; stated he's unable to play the point; argued repeatedly the many ways he's vastly inferior to Henderson and Holland; argued that he's unable to rebound, play defense, or dish out assists; insinuated he's unable to run the floor in a transition game; stated he would be assigned to the other team's weakest player; stated his foot speed and vertical are lacking. In fact the only positive statement I believe you've ever made regarding Frankamp is that he would do well in a stationary perimeter offense with quick ball movement and perimeter shooting.

... and then you retreat to the safety of the scholarship issue. I'm not sure if you even see the hypocrisy in posting things like "I don't think there's anyone out here who wouldn't want Conner if there was room on the roster" and then saying the things I alluded to above in the next breath.

You have gone way, way out on a limb here, and you seem to be so focused on being "right" that you're now in a position where you're going to actively root against a Shocker player. I have large issues with that.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 2nd, 2014, 12:14 am

rlh04d wrote:

Your bitterness over an imaginary reaction against you on ShockerNet isn't even funny. It's honestly depressing.

"CF isn't any good, he's an overrated shooter who will never be able to play PG, and I know this based on his 8 mpg. He will inevitably cause us to lose a more talented recruit, and I know they're more talented based on their 0 mpg/Henderson's exact same numbers. We will have to take a scholarship away from a player to give it to him, and I know this because I know the grades and academic standing of every current recruit. ShockerNet posters are proclaiming him God, even though I can't post one instance of such happening. ShockerNet posters ran me out of the place for disagreeing with them, even though I can't produce even one mean thing ever said to me about it on there."

And on and on and on.

And you can keep saying "your only issue with CF is the scholarship issue" if you want, but you yourself just proved that was a lie with the rest of your post. I can also post about thirty statements from you that prove you have far greater issues with CF than the scholarship issue. You decided to stake your claim on the scholarship issue because you thought that was a safer bet than continuing to argue that he is an inferior basketball player, even though you also keep making that argument. Just because you deleted every post you made on ShockerNet about him doesn't mean what you said is gone.

You've decided to go down in flames while repeatedly ripping apart a committed Shocker recruit, and soon to be player. Just understand that. You haven't merely casually questioned his ability to succeed with WSU -- you've ripped him apart to the level of casting him as unquestionably inferior to Cory Henderson. You have, at various points; called him unathletic, lacking quickness, lacking physical attributes that transfer to the D1 level; stated that his 29% 3PT shooting is about what to expect of him; stated he's unable to play the point; argued repeatedly the many ways he's vastly inferior to Henderson and Holland; argued that he's unable to rebound, play defense, or dish out assists; insinuated he's unable to run the floor in a transition game; stated he would be assigned to the other team's weakest player; stated his foot speed and vertical are lacking. In fact the only positive statement I believe you've ever made regarding Frankamp is that he would do well in a stationary perimeter offense with quick ball movement and perimeter shooting.

... and then you retreat to the safety of the scholarship issue. I'm not sure if you even see the hypocrisy in posting things like "I don't think there's anyone out here who wouldn't want Conner if there was room on the roster" and then saying the things I alluded to above in the next breath.

You have gone way, way out on a limb here, and you seem to be so focused on being "right" that you're now in a position where you're going to actively root against a Shocker player. I have large issues with that.

Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I have questioned his athleticism, but will admit I've seen him make a layup in a highlight film where his hand got up to the rim. I have questioned his foot speed. I asked on ShockerNet if he was fast enough to run WSU's transition game . I got no answers, so now I'm the guy saying he's too slow??

I will fess up. I'm not fond of 6' SG's. I'm not convinced Frankamp can convert to playing PG. I will give him the opportunity to demonstrate that he can do either or both. I will not crown him as the next coming of Oscar Robertson until he show me that's what he can be. If he does that, even if he can be half the PG that Matt Brauer (at 5'11" ) was, that's what I want to see before I go "all in" on him.

As your post demonstrates with incredible veracity, going "all in" before he even enrolls at WSU is required if one is to be a "true Shocker fan".

I never put my faith in Fr, JuCo trfrs in the first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials. I gladly give those players the opportunity to show shat they can do. Frankamp is in that group.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 2nd, 2014, 12:18 am

rlh04d wrote:

And on and on and on.

Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I have questioned his athleticism, but will admit I've seen him make a layup in a highlight film where his hand got up to the rim. I have questioned his foot speed. I asked on ShockerNet if he was fast enough to run WSU's transition game . I got no answers, so now I'm the guy saying he's too slow??

I will fess up. I'm not fond of 6' SG's. I'm not convinced Frankamp can convert to playing PG. I will give him the opportunity to demonstrate that he can do either or both. I will not crown him as the next coming of Oscar Robertson until he shows me that's what he can be. If he does that, even if he can be half the PG that Matt Brauer (at 5'11" ) was, that's what I want to see before I go "all in" on him.

As your post demonstrates with incredible veracity, going "all in" before he even enrolls at WSU is required if one is to be a "true Shocker fan".

I never put my faith in Fr, JuCo trfrs in the first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials. I give those players the opportunity to show what they can do. Frankamp is in that group.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby wgslaw » December 2nd, 2014, 2:54 pm

Wichita State is a different world. Practice is extremely demanding, intense, relentless, and anything less than 100% all the time is highly unacceptable. FVF has said on multiple occasions that the games at WSU are easy but the practices are hell. Carl Hall sitting on the bench with Baker after practice once said "Bake, I don't think I can do this". That is where the rubber will meet the road for CF. Unhappy with Shag Morris' conditioning and effort, Marshall sat him at this years public team scrimmage on an exercise bike in the corner of the arena while the team scrimmaged before a crowd of thousands. Interestingly, Marshall started Morris the third game of the season. Guys like FVF, Baker, Cotton and even Carter today-they are just on auto pilot-they don't know any thing else.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bighouse » December 2nd, 2014, 3:01 pm

wgslaw wrote:Wichita State is a different world. Practice is extremely demanding, intense, relentless, and anything less than 100% all the time is highly unacceptable. FVF has said on multiple occasions that the games at WSU are easy but the practices are hell. Carl Hall sitting on the bench with Baker after practice once said "Bake, I don't think I can do this". That is where the rubber will meet the road for CF. Unhappy with Shag Morris' conditioning and effort, Marshall sat him at this years public team scrimmage on an exercise bike in the corner of the arena while the team scrimmaged before a crowd of thousands. Interestingly, Marshall started Morris the third game of the season. Guys like FVF, Baker, Cotton and even Carter today-they are just on auto pilot-they don't know any thing else.

Who is FVF? Are you referring to Fred Van Vleet? If you are going to make a point you should start with know how to spell the all amarican point guards name. It drives me crazy when media cant get it right, but it should not be hard for fans.
bighouse
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby rlh04d » December 2nd, 2014, 10:02 pm

Aargh wrote:Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I dare you to find even one time that I have ever said anything positive about Frankamp at all. Even once. Find it. I have NO issue with you not thinking Frankamp is a good player -- I'm withholding judgment, not "fellating" him. But I have an issue with you:

1) Lying that your issue with him is about scholarships, when it clearly isn't, and it's been proven that you have not cared about past situations re: possible oversignings, as well as your continued refusal to even consider the fact that some of our current recruits might not end up being academically eligible;
2) Tearing down a WSU recruit like it's your job; and
3) Lying about the way you were treated on ShockerNet.

Not one of those issues involves me having an opinion on Frankamp one way or another. I haven't expressed such an opinion on here or on Shockernet. Not even once, because I simply don't have a strong opinion regarding him. I enjoy the fact that him leaving pissed off Self, but other than that, I don't really care. You running over to a conference board to lie about some alleged mistreatment on SN that you refuse to prove, though ... that annoys me. I am not attacking you. I attacked jjclamdip in this very thread if you want to see what that looks like. I am challenging you and the ridiculous assertions that you keep making, and you dodge and weave past them and lie that my issue is because, gee wiz, you just won't agree with me about how Frankamp is God.

Since you don't want to be misquoted, here's a direct quote illustrating how much you would want him at WSU if we just, gosh darnit, had the scholarship room to fit him in:

Aargh wrote:VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello. I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.

But sure, your only issue with him is the scholarship situation, right? So by all means, point out which part of what I said there was misquoting you, and I'll quote you directly to show it.

You're ostracizing and casting yourself aside because of the victim mentality you've adopted on this situation, because you couldn't handle the fact that 25 posts on this topic failed to convince anyone (except the guy ranting about how CF can't possibly be any good because he chose to, gasp, go to school with BROWN PEOPLE) of your point of view.

I never put my faith in Fr, JuCo trfrs in the first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials. I give those players the opportunity to show what they can do. Frankamp is in that group.

That's what you think you're doing here? You think you're giving him the opportunity to show what he can do? I forgot about all of the other times you've gone into threads about other FR, JuCo transfers, etc. and posted 30 times about how all of the hype is insane because they're unathletic, poor shooting recruiting busts who our current players would make "give up the game and maybe take up the cello." Could you point me to a few of those?

I am giving him the opportunity to show what he can do. I am not making positive or negative posts about him -- I'm reserving judgment until he proves it. You have CLEARLY already decided on your judgment before he ever even sets foot on campus, and you have NEVER done that with any other "Fr, Juco trfrs int he first semester, or trfrs with shaky D1 credentials." What you are doing is the antithesis of "[giving] those players the opportunity to show what they can do."

My less than eager enthusiasm to sign Frankamp caused non-stop attacks on ShockerNet.

Post one of them. Just one. If there were non-stop attacks, one of them should be easy to produce, right?

This word "attack" ... you keep using it. Not sure you know what it means.
Last edited by rlh04d on December 2nd, 2014, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » December 2nd, 2014, 10:12 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Aargh wrote:Thank you. This pretty much demonstrates my point that anyone not begging to fellate Frankamp to get him to WSU will be misinterpreted, misquoted, ostracized, demonized, and cast aside.

I dare you to find even one time that I have ever said anything positive about Frankamp at all. Even once. Find it. I have NO issue with you not thinking Frankamp is a good player -- I'm withholding judgment, not "fellating" him. But I have an issue with you:

1) Lying that your issue with him is about scholarships, when it clearly isn't, and it's been proven that you have not cared about past situations re: possible oversignings, as well as your continued refusal to even consider the fact that some of our current recruits might not end up being academically eligible;
2) Tearing down a WSU recruit like it's your job; and
3) Lying about the way you were treated on ShockerNet.

Not one of those issues involves me having an opinion on Frankamp one way or another. I haven't expressed such an opinion on here or on Shockernet. Not even once, because I simply don't have a strong opinion regarding him. I enjoy the fact that him leaving pissed off Self, but other than that, I don't really care. You running over to a conference board to lie about some alleged mistreatment on SN that you refuse to prove, though ... that annoys me. I am not attacking you. I attacked jjclamdip in this very thread if you want to see what that looks like. I am challenging you and the ridiculous assertions that you keep making, and you dodge and weave past them and lie that my issue is because, gee wiz, you just won't agree with me about how Frankamp is God.

Since you don't want to be misquoted, here's a direct quote illustrating how much you would want him at WSU if we just, gosh darnit, had the scholarship room to fit him in:

Aargh wrote:VanVleet would pick Frankamp's pocket. Holland would stuff his shot. Baker would post him up and abuse him. Henderson could drive the lane on him. Cotton might make him give up the game and maybe take up the cello. I don't think his 29% shooting from 3 at KU was a fluke. D1 is a lot different than HS, and not all skills transfer from HS to D1 equally. Height, athleticism, quickness, and other physical attributes transfer well. Frankamp is a 6'0" non-rebounding version of Doug McDermott, and Frankamp is only effective from the perimeter. Taller and quicker perimeter defenders in D1 than in HS can neutralize those skills.

But sure, your only issue with him is the scholarship situation, right? So by all means, point out which part of what I said there was misquoting you, and I'll quote you directly to show it.

You're ostracizing and casting yourself aside because of the victim mentality you've adopted on this situation, because you couldn't handle the fact that 25 posts on this topic failed to convince anyone (except the guy ranting about how CF can't possibly be any good because he chose to, gasp, go to school with BROWN PEOPLE) of your point of view.

My less than eager enthusiasm to sign Frankamp caused non-stop attacks on ShockerNet.

Post one of them. Just one. If there were non-stop attacks, one of them should be easy to produce, right?

This word "attack" ... you keep using it. Not sure you know what it means.

Now share how you really feel!!! 8-)
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jjclamdip » January 26th, 2015, 8:58 am

BUMP, breaking news to follow.

Wichita State basketball player Conner Frankamp has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, records show.

Frankamp was arrested at 12:33 a.m. Sunday at Kellogg and Maize, Wichita police Lt. James Espinoza said. He was also cited for “improper driving on laned roadway” and “unsafe turning or stopping,” according to a booking report released by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office.

Frankamp, 19, transferred to Wichita State from Kansas last month. He is sitting out this semester and next as part of NCAA rules regarding transfers, but has been practicing with the team. He was the Wichita City League’s career scoring leader while at North High.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/articl ... rylink=cpy
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Trapped in CA » January 26th, 2015, 11:24 am

Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball