Frankamp to wsu?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Frankamp to wsu?

Postby Aargh » January 26th, 2015, 11:58 am

He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

He wasn't going to play, but if he hadn't been delayed, he would have made it home maybe 10 or 11 hours before he was supposed to show up to get ready for a game. The rest of the players are unlikely to be very receptive to that level of disrespect for them.

Getting some "advice" from the coaching staff to remain on the team is one thing. It could be another thing to repair any damage he may have done to his relationship with the rest of the team.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » January 26th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Aargh wrote:He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

Given his physical condition, and the fact that in order to consume enough to get that BAC and still be "functioning" means it would be a lot more than 10 beers.

Not that I ever drank that much in college to know... :buddies: :buddies: :buddies:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 26th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Aargh wrote:He's got more to do than run some steps or something. He got lit up at 12:33 AM the night before a 1 PM Sunday afternoon game. To get to a .186 would be about 10 beers in 3 hours for someone his size. That's some serious drinking the night before an afternoon game.

He wasn't going to play, but if he hadn't been delayed, he would have made it home maybe 10 or 11 hours before he was supposed to show up to get ready for a game. The rest of the players are unlikely to be very receptive to that level of disrespect for them.

Getting some "advice" from the coaching staff to remain on the team is one thing. It could be another thing to repair any damage he may have done to his relationship with the rest of the team.

I was going to suggest that he may have to do dribbling drills with Cotton or Van Vleet hounding him up and down the court but I'm pretty sure there are Geneva Protocols in place that prevent that and it would almost certainly illicit a Senate report from Dianne Feinstein.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » January 26th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:BUMP, breaking news to follow.

Wichita State basketball player Conner Frankamp has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, records show.

Frankamp was arrested at 12:33 a.m. Sunday at Kellogg and Maize, Wichita police Lt. James Espinoza said. He was also cited for “improper driving on laned roadway” and “unsafe turning or stopping,” according to a booking report released by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office.

Frankamp, 19, transferred to Wichita State from Kansas last month. He is sitting out this semester and next as part of NCAA rules regarding transfers, but has been practicing with the team. He was the Wichita City League’s career scoring leader while at North High.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/articl ... rylink=cpy

You might win that bet of yours yet.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » September 23rd, 2015, 6:14 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:
Yea, that is all Marshall needs is a slow white kid that hogs the ball, can't jump and can't defend.

If you believe that Gregg Marshall is considering CF it is obvious that that you have been kicked in the head by a horse.

And by the way go f*** yourself.

Man, I must have been kicked on the head. For some reason I assumed Marshall walking him through the dorms yesterday was recruiting.

And by the way you're still a racist piece of s*** and an embarrassment to both WSU fans and all fans on this board. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your kind wishes regarding Thanksgiving we had a great time and I hope that you are your family did also.

I tell you what, if Connor Frankamp ever plays in a game for Wichita State I meet you at 13th and Rochester in Wichita, Ks (where North High is located) under the Ginkgo tree and kiss your butt. I will also give you a check to the charity of your choice for $500.00.

This is a win-win deal for you I ask nothing if he enrolls anywhere else.

:dance:

Bump. December 12th approaches.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » September 23rd, 2015, 6:48 pm

Play Angry wrote:Bump. December 12th approaches.

Excellent thread bump. :+1:

Let's see if the guy puts his money where his big, fat mouth is.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » September 23rd, 2015, 10:17 pm

Play Angry wrote:

There are plenty of high school parties between now and december 12....just saying
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » September 24th, 2015, 6:54 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
Play Angry wrote:

There are plenty of high school parties between now and december 12....just saying

I think you better mow a few extra lawns this fall to help dad out.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » September 25th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Funny thread.

I have no problem with Aargh hating K|Uck as I hate them even worse. Sloppy seconds from a ChicKUn is enough reason for me to take a pass on a kid. Driving drunk (and getting caught) while a member of the program you passed on further cements your perceived disrespect to your detractors for the aforementioned reason. At the time I wanted the little boy's head on a lance.

That being said...

I've watched this kid play and he is the real deal. If he can temper his imbibery to the point that he isn't making national news with his drunken actions, he could be a formidable addition to an already formidable team. I am 100% on board with his basketball skills/talent but only 10% on board with his character and judgement. I have heard from folks close to the program that he is a "good kid", he learned his lesson, and he'll be fine. I have also heard he is still drinking heavily and is a time bomb waiting to blow.

I'm praying that he comes to Jesus and reaps the rewards of the gifts he's been given and the skills he's developed on one of the biggest sporting stages in the world. Or, he could just throw it all away because of a bottle of fermented drink. We don't know what's in the kid's mind. All kinds of people have all kinds of problems. But nobody can doubt his skill as he has been CB Certified good to go. The little fkr is almost magical with the things he can do with the ball. And he can play defense too! Who knew? I sure didn't. I reported on yet another Shocker scrimmage the other day highlighting one specific play in which CF robbed Zach Brown... yeah, that Zach Brown.

http://wheatshockers.com/Thread-Bonus-R ... 1#pid22151

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jjclamdip » September 25th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Championz wrote:
Play Angry wrote:Bump. December 12th approaches.

Excellent thread bump. :+1:

Let's see if the guy puts his money where his big, fat mouth is.

I suppose you are one of his high schooler drinking buddies.

Don't worry I will pay my debt when your hero, the KU reject, gets into a game for the Shockers.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball