Future Games/Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Postby uniftw » December 4th, 2014, 4:00 pm

unipanther99 wrote:Somehow I doubt this is a 2 for 1, if that was going to be the case I think we would have been going to Chapel Hill this year. I doubt they will want to come hear next year and have us go there in both 2016 and 2017.

It likely wasn't "thought of" until after the schedules/season had already been set/started.

If you read quotes from Page this all started just the other day when Roy mentioned something to him.

If this happens there will be at least 1 - likely 2 - trips to Chapel Hill.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheAsianSensation » December 7th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Big 10 is playing a couple of their upcoming tourneys in MSG:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-colleg ... arden-2018

The reason I bring it up here? They're moving up a week in the schedule to do it (to accommodate the Big East). So they're going to have a week off before Selection Sunday. Just like the MVC.

If I were some MVC schools, I'd do some gentle probing of the B1G schools to see how everyone feels about the idea of a non-con game in there ahead of Sunday.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby saluki762 » December 7th, 2014, 11:35 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:Big 10 is playing a couple of their upcoming tourneys in MSG:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-colleg ... arden-2018

The reason I bring it up here? They're moving up a week in the schedule to do it (to accommodate the Big East). So they're going to have a week off before Selection Sunday. Just like the MVC.

If I were some MVC schools, I'd do some gentle probing of the B1G schools to see how everyone feels about the idea of a non-con game in there ahead of Sunday.

Am I reading this correctly? Are you suggesting a game between conference tourney and selection Sunday?

It only makes sense if you have no chance of postseason. As a fan, the last thing I want after a bottom of the MVC finish and getting bounced out of Arch Madness is to play some turd that finished at the bottom of the Big 10.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » December 8th, 2014, 10:44 am

Agreed. The risk for both parties is just too great for post-conference tournament B1G/MVC games to happen.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheAsianSensation » December 8th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Eh, fine :D I'm looking at it from the perspective of adding quality to the SoS in an unconventional manner.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » December 22nd, 2014, 12:47 pm

UNI will play in next year's Diamond Head Classic with Auburn, BYU, Harvard, New Mexico, UNI, Oklahoma, Washington State and tournament host school Hawai’i.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Cdizzle » December 22nd, 2014, 1:45 pm

unipanther99 wrote:UNI will play in next year's Diamond Head Classic with Auburn, BYU, Harvard, New Mexico, UNI, Oklahoma, Washington State and tournament host school Hawai’i.

Cool. Looks very nice. Decent but beatable teams for a UNI team that will probably take a small step back next year (small step back from Top 20-ish could still be a very good club).

Hopefully that field doesn't tank as hard next year as the one this year has. Preseason, Nebraska, Colorado and George Washington were all getting run on the fringe of the top 25. Not so much now. It still won't be a stinker of a tournament, but there also don't really appear to be any marquee matchups available.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » December 22nd, 2014, 2:20 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:UNI will play in next year's Diamond Head Classic with Auburn, BYU, Harvard, New Mexico, UNI, Oklahoma, Washington State and tournament host school Hawai’i.

Cool. Looks very nice. Decent but beatable teams for a UNI team that will probably take a small step back next year (small step back from Top 20-ish could still be a very good club).

Hopefully that field doesn't tank as hard next year as the one this year has. Preseason, Nebraska, Colorado and George Washington were all getting run on the fringe of the top 25. Not so much now. It still won't be a stinker of a tournament, but there also don't really appear to be any marquee matchups available.

You feel pretty safe with BYU and Oklahoma. Bruce Pearl should get Auburn going in the right direction and New Mexico won't be a killer. Washington State, Hawaii, and a rebuilding Harvard don't offer much value...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 22nd, 2014, 3:08 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

You feel pretty safe with BYU and Oklahoma. Bruce Pearl should get Auburn going in the right direction and New Mexico won't be a killer. Washington State, Hawaii, and a rebuilding Harvard don't offer much value...

Agreed. Looks solid if unspectacular across the board. Good tourney for next year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » December 25th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Indiana State playing in the 2015 Paradise Jam tourney in the US Virgin Islands per the ISU board, Gawd I hope we are better next season than we're going to be this season.

The eight NCAA division I men’s basketball teams participating in the 16th annual event include DePaul, Florida State, Indiana State, Hofstra, Norfolk State, Ohio, South Carolina, and Tulsa

We also play at Butler

unsure if we'll continue our series with Ball State, Eastern Illinois, UMKC, and IUPUI, but I'd suspect we would.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball