Future Games/Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Future Games/Scheduling

Postby unipanther99 » December 2nd, 2014, 2:09 pm

Rumors swirling on twitter that Roy Williams told Marcus Paige the Tar Heels will be playing at UNI for his senior season. No details yet. Who knows if this would be in the McLeod, the UNI-Dome, or if we're hosting it at a neutral court like the US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids (his hometown).
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Future Games/Scheduling

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Postby shocktheheart » December 2nd, 2014, 2:12 pm

unipanther99 wrote:Rumors swirling on twitter that Roy Williams told Marcus Paige the Tar Heels will be playing at UNI for his senior season. No details yet. Who knows if this would be in the McLeod, the UNI-Dome, or if we're hosting it at a neutral court like the US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids (his hometown).

Roy did this a lot when he was at KU. Although it never meant coming to Wichita if he had a Wichita kid on the roster.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 2nd, 2014, 2:18 pm

I could see US Cellular center being most likely.

Holds over 10k.

15 minutes from my house...LET'S DO IT! I don't get to too many basketball games living in the Cedar Rapids area
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » December 2nd, 2014, 2:26 pm

In this quote, he talked about UNI being "only an hour away" from his hometown, so hopefully that means the game will be in Cedar Falls.

Again, this is all coming from a kid, who still could enter the NBA draft, so nothing set in stone here. Still, always a good thing to get a blue blood program willing to consider coming to play at a MVC school.

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/pa ... e-20141202
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby squirrel » December 2nd, 2014, 2:27 pm

Believe Evansville got a game from them a few years ago when Zeller was a Heel.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » December 2nd, 2014, 3:26 pm

Comments added to the article from our AD stress that nothing has been worked out and that if the game were to take place at UNI, it would be in the McLeod Center.

The UNI-Dome just isn't a viable option to host a single basketball game anymore.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ACECARD » December 3rd, 2014, 12:40 pm

squirrel wrote:Believe Evansville got a game from them a few years ago when Zeller was a Heel.

And a game best forgotten.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » December 3rd, 2014, 1:23 pm

ACECARD wrote:
squirrel wrote:Believe Evansville got a game from them a few years ago when Zeller was a Heel.

You guys had a game out in Chapel Hill as a part of that deal as well, correct? If so, this would be a nice get for UNI.

Current UNI Junior guard Matt Bohannon was a teammate of Marcus Paige when they won the Iowa State 4A Basketball title in 2011 (Paige's junior year), with Bohannon being named captain of the All-tournament team.

Jeremy Morgan and Wyatt Lohaus were teammates on the Iowa City West team that ended Paige's senior season at the state tournament.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » December 3rd, 2014, 7:48 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
ACECARD wrote:

You guys had a game out in Chapel Hill as a part of that deal as well, correct? If so, this would be a nice get for UNI.

I'm trying very hard to forget that game as well. Aces have enough trouble with the Valley. No use to drag top 25 teams in as well.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » December 3rd, 2014, 8:21 pm

Wasn't the Evansville-UNC series a 2 for 1? I imagine this is what would happen with UNI as well.

Still a pretty good deal I would think for the Panthers.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball