Future Games/Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Postby Khan4Cats » April 24th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
2livewu wrote: I wish 8 other programs had those guts.

I wish some of those teams could just manage to build decent records against their crappy schedules. Loyola last year proved that is one way to have a decent but not great RPI that will help the league more than hurt it come conference play.

It's actually the way the power conferences have gamed the system for their own good. Bulk up on cupcakes to build a gaudy W-L record so that even the bottom feeders in the conference come into conference with 8-10 non-conference wins (see Creighton, Texas Tech, VaTech...) The only time they leave home is to go to other power schools where a loss doesn't bite them. They try and limit exposure in tournaments by keeping 5-6 'elite' type tournaments where their top teams only face other top teams.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » April 26th, 2015, 8:57 pm

2livewu wrote:Have you guys projected forward on the schedule yet? Just curious. I would think SFA would be good again, probably not top 40 rpi though. Carolina should be top 10. CSU? I would think down with what they lose, but no idea what kind of program LE is building. How do you know the "buy" games are top 150?

NM should be stronger, Richmond? GMU and ND? At least they're road games. ISU should be top 20ish. Wash State, I think, is improving and I don't see any rpi killers there.

Still that's an incredibly ambitious schedule. Tons of opportunity. Also a real possibility to be done with any at large hopes early. That is land mine filled. I wish 8 other programs had those guts.

It's said that the 2 home 150 RPI buy games are part of Jacobson's new contract.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Rollbird5 » May 4th, 2015, 3:55 pm

ESPN's Andy Katz said Illinois State will play at Kentucky on Nov. 30.

per Jim Benson tweet
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » May 6th, 2015, 8:39 am

With Mock returning, UE *should* be solid next year. This year's schedule was frankly disgraceful, but next year's MTE in California gives me hope they will build a slate that at least gives them a shot at an at-large if they perform well.

Can UE fans provide an update on what other games have been inked outside of the MTE?
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » May 7th, 2015, 10:19 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
ESPN's Andy Katz said Illinois State will play at Kentucky on Nov. 30.

per Jim Benson tweet

If Lynch were still there I would actually like ISUr's chances in that one. UK is going to be very average next year and is already being severely overrated. November would be a great time for ISUr to make a big splash by beating UK. As it stands now, ISUr will have a shot in that game, but not a great one. Just keep it respectable and it's a good game to have on the schedule.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » May 7th, 2015, 10:27 am

Illinois State will play Kentucky, Maryland and San Diego State before the calendar hits December.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » May 8th, 2015, 10:00 am

http://goredbirds.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Extremely solid schedule by ISUr. Hopefully they can rack up some wins. I hope Redbird fans bring their A-game in the non-con, cause the team is probably going to need to go undefeated at home and hope (with reasonable chances) to pick up a couple big/name wins away from home.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » May 8th, 2015, 11:11 am

Great Job Birds!

That's a really good schedule. Its nice that the top 3 teams in the league are also going to play easily the top 3 non-con schedules. That's great for the league.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » May 8th, 2015, 11:55 am

Cdizzle wrote:http://goredbirds.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Extremely solid schedule by ISUr. Hopefully they can rack up some wins. I hope Redbird fans bring their A-game in the non-con, cause the team is probably going to need to go undefeated at home and hope (with reasonable chances) to pick up a couple big/name wins away from home.

Add in playing Wichita two, maybe 3 times and we could end up playing 4 or 5 games against top ten teams. Wow gunna be a fun season!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » May 8th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:http://goredbirds.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Add in playing Wichita two, maybe 3 times and we could end up playing 4 or 5 games against top ten teams. Wow gunna be a fun season!

Win one or two of those big noncon games and it's going to be a very fun season, for everyone in the league: IlSt fans, WSU fans to have competition, and MVC fans in general to see some competition.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball