Future Games/Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Postby Championz » January 12th, 2016, 10:59 am

Red wrote:Semantics but you're also acknowledging you can't get a home and home AT KOCH with a team like OU. Which sort of refutes your original snarky comment. Carry on.

No side has an advantage. Both games are played in home cities. It's a home and home.

There's a reason why nobody wants to come to Koch. Illinois State has known about this reason the last 9 years in a row.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » January 12th, 2016, 11:02 am

Championz wrote:
Red wrote:Semantics but you're also acknowledging you can't get a home and home AT KOCH with a team like OU. Which sort of refutes your original snarky comment. Carry on.

No side has an advantage. Both games are played in home cities. It's a home and home.

There's a reason why nobody wants to come to Koch. Illinois State has known about this reason the last 9 years in a row.

I actually agree with you that big time schools want to avoid Koch. When you starting get them there instead of IBA then I won't question the language of your original post.

And let's not forget: Illinois State has a 1 game winning streak against Wichita State :Yea!:
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2016, 11:12 am

Red wrote:
Championz wrote:

I actually agree with you that big time schools want to avoid Koch. When you starting get them there instead of IBA then I won't question the language of your original post.

And let's not forget: Illinois State has a 1 game winning streak against Wichita State :Yea!:

Useful reminder. I had literally forgotten. What with still making the NCAA's (if you can remember what that is :dance: ) for the 4th straight year and advancing to the Sweet 16, I guess that game just wasn't the highlight of my year.

Feels like we're doing a lot with this discussion to increase the traffic on the site :)
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » January 12th, 2016, 11:20 am

Cdizzle wrote:Feels like we're doing a lot with this discussion to increase the traffic on the site :)

Haha. Someone has to do it. :Cheers:
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 12th, 2016, 11:36 am

Red wrote:
Championz wrote:I thought only schools from superpower conferences like the BIG EAST could only get home-and-homes with schools like OU?

A pretty solid get. It's nice getting big-time series like these, especially at home.

I'm not sure if it's more sad or funny that you are still worried about a team that's no longer in the league or that you're bragging about scoring a home and home which isn't exactly a home and home?

Red, you had to go out of your way to dream up this criticism, particularly the part about home and home.

Just so you know, CU and WSU have a history and the bitterness therefrom is not going away anytime soon.

Leave Champ alone.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 12th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Red wrote:
Championz wrote:I thought only schools from superpower conferences like the BIG EAST could only get home-and-homes with schools like OU?

A pretty solid get. It's nice getting big-time series like these, especially at home.

I'm not sure if it's more sad or funny that you are still worried about a team that's no longer in the league or that you're bragging about scoring a home and home which isn't exactly a home and home?

Red, you had to go out of your way to dream up this criticism, particularly the part about home and home.

Just so you know, CU and WSU have a history and the bitterness therefrom is not going away anytime soon.

Leave Champ alone.

Thanks Ricky!

I mean I didn't even bag on a Valley member and that's what gets the guy to come out and post about? :roll:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 12th, 2016, 12:41 pm

I'd venture to say this closer to a Home for WSU and a neutral for OU. Considering IBA is closer to Koch than theirs is to their home court. IBA has been good to WSU.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » January 12th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Play Angry wrote:The better games on that schedule are okay (MTE, @ Arkansas, etc.), but holy crap those buy games are a joke.

Serious question: Is this an issue with finances? I cannot believe that a top 50ish team could not muster a better group of one year contracts at market or market-plus rates.

One SWAC/MEAC team is okay, it happens. Four is atrocious and a guaranteed SOS killer.

I stumbled across this post today. How true.

Anybody with common sense (no disrespect at PlayAngry) could see how horrible UE's schedule was going to be.

It's Arch Madness or bust for NCAA purposes.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » January 12th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

I'd venture to say this closer to a Home for WSU and a neutral for OU. Considering IBA is closer to Koch than theirs is to their home court. IBA has been good to WSU.

I think the home/neutral thing for NCAA purposes depends more on who is in charge of game day operations and hiring officials. So it may be considered a home-home for those purposes, regardless of distance.

Regardless - it's a great get for WSU and the conference.

If I were WSU's administration, why wouldn't you want to sell 5,000+ more tickets with the larger facility? OU, unlike most of the MVC, will actually bring a crowd. More tickets means more revenue. So IBA would be better than Koch for that reason alone.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 2livewu » January 12th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

+1. There MAY be a couple of hundred OU fans @ IBA in 2017.

There WILL be more than 10 times that number of WSU fans in OKC in 11 months. I'd venture there's even a 1 in 5 chance more WSU fans will attend that game than OU fans.

And you can say what you want about playing at home, but Gregg wants to play more games at Intrust. He likes it better than Koch. This is nothing less than a huge win for WSU. Anyone that matters wants this game at Intrust more than at the Chuck.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball