Future Games/Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Postby LanceShock » January 12th, 2016, 1:31 pm

According to this, http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSIDs/Policies.pdf, both the game at Chesapeake Energy Arena and Intrust Bank Arena would be considered home games for RPI. Both games feature a school in the same metropolitan region as the arena and another school outside the metropolitan region.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » January 12th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Ok so Red basically embarrassed himself at the defense of Creighton.

Carry on.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » January 12th, 2016, 1:51 pm

I wish the shockers and Sooners could play right now that'd be a real good matchup
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » January 12th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:I wish the shockers and Sooners could play right now that'd be a real good matchup

No kidding. Both teams are going to be a lot worse next year.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:I wish the shockers and Sooners could play right now that'd be a real good matchup

I would watch that game.

Wait a couple months.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 12th, 2016, 3:14 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Red wrote:Semantics but you're also acknowledging you can't get a home and home AT KOCH with a team like OU. Which sort of refutes your original snarky comment. Carry on.

I'd venture to say this closer to a Home for WSU and a neutral for OU. Considering IBA is closer to Koch than theirs is to their home court. IBA has been good to WSU.

I think the home/neutral thing for NCAA purposes depends more on who is in charge of game day operations and hiring officials. So it may be considered a home-home for those purposes, regardless of distance.

Regardless - it's a great get for WSU and the conference.

If I were WSU's administration, why wouldn't you want to sell 5,000+ more tickets with the larger facility? OU, unlike most of the MVC, will actually bring a crowd. More tickets means more revenue. So IBA would be better than Koch for that reason alone.

I wasn't referring to the Home/Neutral from an RPI or official standpoint. My comment was in response to people insinuating that WSU didn't actually land a home/home because of whatever reason. My point was that the IBA and Chesapeake Energy arena arrangement is actually more favorable to WSU than OU. So could be considered better than a Home/Home.

Red wrote:

No kidding. Both teams are going to be a lot worse next year.

Worse ... yes ... A lot worse ... no. There will be a step down, not a cliff down like some people think. (at least for WSU, no idea what OUs bench and incoming class looks like)
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » January 14th, 2016, 9:11 am

Right. Wichita will actually return more production next year than they lose this year.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball