Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: Future Games/Scheduling

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » August 7th, 2015, 9:00 am

I wouldn't be completely shocked if SWOMO went winless against the D1 opponents on that schedule.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » August 7th, 2015, 9:07 am

Still doing the ORU home and homes?

MSU to the Summit if the Sun Belt doesn't pan out?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » August 7th, 2015, 12:19 pm

ihsi wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
COUTEAU wrote:
I think it's rather humorous, that Creighton's first MVC opponent, since leaving The Valley, is against a school that wasn't even a member, when they were....

go ramblers
go valley

If we want to get Technical ... Loyola was Creighton's replacement. I think Loyola wins this and proves that the MVC actually upgraded by losing Creighton.

Loyola could win this game, but the MVC is immeasurably worse with Loyola instead of Creighton.

I think you mistyped that. I believe you meant to say that the Big East is immeasurably worse with Creighton involved. That's what the stats seems to say at least.

Creighton 2014-2015 - 14-19 with no post season tournament
Loyola 2014-2105 - 24-13 with a CBI Championship.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » August 7th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
ihsi wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:If we want to get Technical ... Loyola was Creighton's replacement. I think Loyola wins this and proves that the MVC actually upgraded by losing Creighton.

Loyola could win this game, but the MVC is immeasurably worse with Loyola instead of Creighton.

I think you mistyped that. I believe you meant to say that the Big East is immeasurably worse with Creighton involved. That's what the stats seems to say at least.

Loyola 2014-2105 - 24-13 with a CBI Championship.

Indeed. Really makes one wonder why the Big East didn't go after Loyola to begin with. Especially with that huge Chicago market. But I guess they already have that cornered with DePaul.

I am not saddened that Creighton is no longer in the Valley. I am full of contempt for a lot of the things that went on when they were. I hope they suck for the next 50 years. Having said that, to pretend the league has been better off with the switch the last couple of years is beyond laughable.

Still, I will be rooting very hard for Loyola when they play Creighton next year. And if you win, I will laugh and laugh and laugh. It could really be one of the highlights of the college basketball season for me.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » August 7th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Championz wrote:Still doing the ORU home and homes?

MSU to the Summit if the Sun Belt doesn't pan out?

actually not a bad scenario for MSU if you consider:

they would be moving to a low major conference with an excellent chance to dominate in every sport and make regular NCAA appearances. And they could keep football in the MVFC, a win-win for MSU. Add UMKC back into the Slummit and you've got it made.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ihsi » August 8th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
ihsi wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
go ramblers
go valley

If we want to get Technical ... Loyola was Creighton's replacement. I think Loyola wins this and proves that the MVC actually upgraded by losing Creighton.

Loyola 2014-2105 - 24-13 with a CBI Championship.[/quote]

No doubt. I'm sure Doug Elgin, league ADs who miss our NCAA unit payouts and St Louis merchants all disagree with you in every way. But good luck with that. :Stupid:
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » August 9th, 2015, 12:29 am

Why in the world are Creighton fans still coming here?

Paranoia?
Cold feet?
Bored to death in the off season after finishing 2nd to last in the BIG EAST and just wanted to do some reminiscing?

NCAA pay units? Hahaha. There are teams in the Valley that are actually winning games in the tournament that are doubling and tripling the conference's payouts. Much better than the "just being there" mantra the Creighton program has established over its entire duration. Although given the BIG EAST's latest history, seems to be a perfect move for them.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » August 10th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Championz wrote:Why in the world are Creighton fans still coming here?

Paranoia?
Cold feet?
Bored to death in the off season after finishing 2nd to last in the BIG EAST and just wanted to do some reminiscing?

NCAA pay units? Hahaha. There are teams in the Valley that are actually winning games in the tournament that are doubling and tripling the conference's payouts. Much better than the "just being there" mantra the Creighton program has established over its entire duration. Although given the BIG EAST's latest history, seems to be a perfect move for them.

There are a lot of good arguments to be made if one is pro-Creighton.

Going the NCAA-payout route is, quite obviously and hilariously, not one of them.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » August 11th, 2015, 8:45 am

Anyone with an update on Evansville's OOC? The MVC needs them to schedule and perform well this year.

IIRC, last I heard they'd only released the details of one or two opponents other than their tournament in California. Who else is on the schedule?
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball