Evansville Aces under the radar

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces under the radar

Postby rlh04d » December 8th, 2014, 6:39 am

Wufan wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:I think the Aces easily will be top 4 this year, in fact, if any of WSU, UNI, UE, or ILS do not finish in the top 4 it will be very surprising, the rest of the league INS, MSU, SIU, Bradley, Loyola, and Drake are just plain awful.

It will be one HECK of a battle amongst those 6 teams for those 7-10 spots.

While I agree with your separation of the top of the Valley with the bottom, the bottom need additional separation. Here's my separation:

Tier 1: WSU and UNI
Yes, I'm including UNI since they will be top 25 tomorrow.

Tier 2: UE and Illinois St
These two teams should make the NIT and maybe better. They have the potential to beat the tier 1 teams and a legit shot in St Louis. Both teams might be a year away.

Tier 3: Loyola, MSU, SIU
Some potential to improve, but have lots of work to do. All three are definitely building towards the future.

Tier 4: BU, Drake, Indiana St
These teams are not good! Bradley might improve, but this is a lost year for all three and part of a rebuilding process.

:+1:

The only problem I have is that I don't think you can call what Bradley's doing a rebuilding process anymore.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dawgbit » December 9th, 2014, 11:34 am

Dear Aces- what I want for Christmas is for you guys to beat the snot out of Murray State before the Salukis do likewise on Dec, 22. I have been a good boy, relatively speaking, for most of the year. Thanking you in advance.

Dawgbit
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » December 9th, 2014, 11:46 am

Dawgbit wrote:Dear Aces- what I want for Christmas is for you guys to beat the snot out of Murray State before the Salukis do likewise on Dec, 22. I have been a good boy, relatively speaking, for most of the year. Thanking you in advance.

Dawgbit

I'll take any win over the Racers, even if it's snotless. That stuff is really hard to clean up. :D
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » December 9th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Spoiler for Evansville

Craig Bradshaw (21.3 ppg) won’t play after suffering an injury in Belmont’s game last Tuesday against Middle Tennessee

http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports ... t-belmont/
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bball Junkie » December 9th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Final: Aces 65 - Belmont 62
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » December 9th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:Final: Aces 65 - Belmont 62

Congrats to the Aces on a big victory on the road! Mock scores 8 point on 2 field goal attempts.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 9th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Bradley comes up just short.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dawgbit » December 14th, 2014, 5:49 am

Dawgbit wrote:Dear Aces- what I want for Christmas is for you guys to beat the snot out of Murray State before the Salukis do likewise on Dec, 22. I have been a good boy, relatively speaking, for most of the year. Thanking you in advance.

Dawgbit

Should I have asked for a bicycle?
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » December 14th, 2014, 11:38 am

Dawgbit wrote:

Dawgbit

I think you should go to a higher authority, and ask for someway to to keep their #1 from scoring 32 points. Murray is a tough, well coached team, and if you beat them, you will have done something very special.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » December 14th, 2014, 1:37 pm

ACECARD wrote:
Dawgbit wrote:

Dawgbit

I think you should go to a higher authority, and ask for someway to to keep their #1 from scoring 32 points. Murray is a tough, well coached team, and if you beat them, you will have done something very special.

Well then, the four teams that have beaten them this year have surely done something very special.

Evansville's #1 scored 31 points.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball