Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

MSU versus Oral Bob

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MSU versus Oral Bob

Postby bleach » December 7th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Power outage in tulsa. I believe the game has been cancelled since the kids have 8 AM finals in the morning.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 7th, 2014, 4:29 pm

The Bears radio streaming KTXR plays good music!
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » December 8th, 2014, 8:57 am

The rumor is that Sutton and Lusk talked and after ORU offered several makeup dates, Lusk shot them all down and had no interest in making the game up. ORU also isn't making the return trip to Springfield this year, so the Bears have now lost two games off the schedule. That might save two losses, which is probably why Lusk didn't want to make yesterday's game up.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kip Dynamite » December 8th, 2014, 9:52 am

troutangler wrote:The rumor is that Sutton and Lusk talked and after ORU offered several makeup dates, Lusk shot them all down and had no interest in making the game up. ORU also isn't making the return trip to Springfield this year, so the Bears have now lost two games off the schedule. That might save two losses, which is probably why Lusk didn't want to make yesterday's game up.

There is not truth to that rumor at all. While it is true that they couldnt come to a quick conclusion for a makeup game, both teams are going to take a look at their respective calenders this week and try to come up with a solution. The dates ORU were offering were not feasable or fair to MSU. I'm sure they will do everything they can to get something worked out. If it fails, it won't be from a lack of trying.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » December 9th, 2014, 8:22 am

Kip Dynamite wrote:
troutangler wrote:The rumor is that Sutton and Lusk talked and after ORU offered several makeup dates, Lusk shot them all down and had no interest in making the game up. ORU also isn't making the return trip to Springfield this year, so the Bears have now lost two games off the schedule. That might save two losses, which is probably why Lusk didn't want to make yesterday's game up.

There is not truth to that rumor at all. While it is true that they couldnt come to a quick conclusion for a makeup game, both teams are going to take a look at their respective calenders this week and try to come up with a solution. The dates ORU were offering were not feasable or fair to MSU. I'm sure they will do everything they can to get something worked out. If it fails, it won't be from a lack of trying.

Judging from Lusk's radio show last night, he is making all kinds of excuses not to play the game. Doesn't want to play it between the SEMO and Tulsa games, doesn't want to play it after Christmas before Valley games start....on and on. Just play it. What do we have to lose?
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » December 9th, 2014, 9:02 am

Why wouldn't they be making the return trip to Springfield this season as it was already scheduled?

edit: Just read the MSU board (and updated the link) and sure hope they can figure this out.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby troutangler » December 11th, 2014, 2:58 pm

MSU is making the game up on the 15th between the game at SEMO this Saturday and the game at Tulsa on Wednesday the 17th. Art Hains came right out on his radio show last night and said Lusk did not want to make the game up for various reasons. I say buck up and play. These are D1 athletes, finals are over, and there are no conference games for two weeks.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » December 11th, 2014, 4:22 pm

troutangler wrote:MSU is making the game up on the 15th between the game at SEMO this Saturday and the game at Tulsa on Wednesday the 17th. Art Hains came right out on his radio show last night and said Lusk did not want to make the game up for various reasons. I say buck up and play. These are D1 athletes, finals are over, and there are no conference games for two weeks.

Was one of the reasons that he wanted better odds of finishing above .500 this season?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 11th, 2014, 4:35 pm

troutangler wrote:MSU is making the game up on the 15th between the game at SEMO this Saturday and the game at Tulsa on Wednesday the 17th. Art Hains came right out on his radio show last night and said Lusk did not want to make the game up for various reasons. I say buck up and play. These are D1 athletes, finals are over, and there are no conference games for two weeks.

I don't always agree with LUSK but I do in this instance. And he did "buck up" and play the game. But I admire him standing up to ORU and not agreeing to their first proposal. After all the power outage was THEIR issue not ours. It was ridiculous they were threatening to not come here unless we rescheduled the power outage game.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball