MSU versus Oral Bob

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU versus Oral Bob

Postby Play Angry » December 15th, 2014, 10:31 am

Big game tonight for the Bears. Good luck!
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Play Angry » December 15th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Really strong second half from MSU.

Is Lusk's seat at all warm if you guys are just .500 this year? Guessing he's probably got 2 more years of mediocrity left before they pull the trigger but thought I'd check.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » December 15th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Bears were ahead at half but are now getting demolished by ORU. Down 25 now. Embarrassing.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 15th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Play Angry wrote:Really strong second half from MSU.

Is Lusk's seat at all warm if you guys are just .500 this year? Guessing he's probably got 2 more years of mediocrity left before they pull the trigger but thought I'd check.

I think you stated it perfectly. His seat probably does get warm if this continues but I very much doubt we make a move for at least 2 years.

I never thought we would start off like this. We just stink.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » December 15th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Well now we know why Lusk didn't want to play this game.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 15th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Drake wins. :Yea!:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Holy crap MSU..
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 16th, 2014, 10:04 am

Cdizzle wrote:
troutangler wrote:MSU is making the game up on the 15th between the game at SEMO this Saturday and the game at Tulsa on Wednesday the 17th. Art Hains came right out on his radio show last night and said Lusk did not want to make the game up for various reasons. I say buck up and play. These are D1 athletes, finals are over, and there are no conference games for two weeks.

Was one of the reasons that he wanted better odds of finishing above .500 this season?

Nailed it.

Lusk is getting shown up by Porter Moser. That's probably not great.

But I guess if all you care about in a season is one game, this is the kind of stuff that becomes commonplace. Apparently whatever they are practicing to use against WSU didn't work great against ORU. Only 36 more days until a game that matters! http://www.missouristatebears.com/index-main.html (upper right corner)
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » December 16th, 2014, 10:33 am

Cdizzle wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
troutangler wrote:But I guess if all you care about in a season is one game, this is the kind of stuff that becomes commonplace. Apparently whatever they are practicing to use against WSU didn't work great against ORU. Only 36 more days until a game that matters! http://www.missouristatebears.com/index-main.html (upper right corner)

Facepalm. Why do we have a countdown clock for this?

Lusk's seat won't be warm for at least two more years after this one no matter what happens. Moats gave him a five year extension through 2019, for what reason no one really knows. I wasn't impressed by MSU hiring him in the first place and he hasn't done anything to change that since coming here. I am not alone in that feeling either. Missouri State has shown they are absolutely terrified to let go of coaches that aren't improving their programs. (See Hinson, Barry and Allen, Terry) Missouri State basketball has gone nowhere since our Sweet 16 appearance 15 years ago. We are officially mediocre.

They will however run off women's basketball coaches who make multiple Final Four trips.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rlh04d » December 16th, 2014, 3:54 pm

I'm so disappointed in MSU this year. Just a terrible team. Did not see that coming at all.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball