Next Coach for SIU?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next Coach for SIU?

Postby Play Angry » January 5th, 2015, 7:54 am

glm38 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:dean, can you please explain why coach lowery went 21-42 over his last two years at SIU?

I mean, it wasn't his fault at all...i just can't remember what all happened, what the attendance figures were, and whose fault it was. Thanks in advance.

Barry may not be the answer but Lowery was clearly a terrible coach. You are totally delusional in wanting him back. Are you related to him?

Check your sarcasm meter.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 5th, 2015, 8:08 am

Play Angry wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:dean, can you please explain why coach lowery went 21-42 over his last two years at SIU?

I mean, it wasn't his fault at all...i just can't remember what all happened, what the attendance figures were, and whose fault it was. Thanks in advance.

Barry may not be the answer but Lowery was clearly a terrible coach. You are totally delusional in wanting him back. Are you related to him?

I was being a little sarcastic but mostly serious. It doesn't make sense that any serious fan of the program would advocate for returning Lowery unless they are related?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 5th, 2015, 8:54 am

Might not be a problem to bring Lowery back - as Weber's assistant. Kansas State is 7-7 with a SoS of 120, and looking like they're destined for a last-place finish in the B12. Kansas State fans are NOT happy.

Kansas State has enough FB money that they can fire a BB coach without worrying about paying off the contract.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » January 5th, 2015, 8:57 am

glm38 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:
glm38 wrote:Barry may not be the answer but Lowery was clearly a terrible coach. You are totally delusional in wanting him back. Are you related to him?

I was being a little sarcastic but mostly serious. It doesn't make sense that any serious fan of the program would advocate for returning Lowery unless they are related?

Check your sarcasm meter = the joke is going over your head. It does not mean please be less sarcastic.

Re-read my post. In what universe is the trolling not completely obvious?
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 5th, 2015, 11:37 am

Play Angry wrote:

I was being a little sarcastic but mostly serious. It doesn't make sense that any serious fan of the program would advocate for returning Lowery unless they are related?[/quote]

Check your sarcasm meter = the joke is going over your head. It does not mean please be less sarcastic.

Re-read my post. In what universe is the trolling not completely obvious?[/quote]

I guess in my universe since it went over my head......
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dean_siu » January 5th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Lets see....Lowery has been a head coach for 8 years, played in 3 NCAA tournaments, and 1 NIT.

Barry is now coaching in his 14th season (3rd at SIU) and has never made the dance (and no shows absolutely no likelihood of doing it).

Chris has experience coaching USA basketball, is well respected by AAU coaches, and schedules aggressively. Barry should be limited to coaching middle school basketball, is respected by no one, and has to schedule all 300+ RPI teams to have a chance at double digit wins.

Lowery was an incredible coach at the university until Kevin Dillard made us the first program he ruined and he accomplished it all with substandard facilities. Hinson is nothing but a clown show and can't produce a contender despite the fact that SIU has some of the best facilities in the conference now.

Yeah....I'd be crazy to want Lowery back as our coach. Why would I want to have SIU ranked as a top 25 team in the country when we can compete for the bottom 25 RPI wise instead?

The rest the Valley schools better enjoy this time while it exists. I don't care who our next AD is.....it could be Carrot Top, Octo Mom, or Charlie Sheen and they'd have a higher basketball IQ than Mario Moccia had.

The team will suck and donations to the program will continue to dwindle until change it made.....and I hope it takes place next week.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » January 5th, 2015, 10:16 pm

How do "substandard facilities" ruin a program? I've never heard of that happening? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Accomplished coaches just don't have horrific 4 year runs like Lowery did in his last year's at SIU.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » January 5th, 2015, 10:37 pm

This dude's got himself some of the good blue stuff. Good enough to erase everything beyond 20007-08. Welcome back dean, in case you missed it Chris Lowery is the one who actually became the clown show. That dude had ZERO control over his program by the time he was finally kicked out of this conference. He doesn't deserve to run a program
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shoxfan11 » January 5th, 2015, 10:39 pm

I'm somewhat amazed that while performing his duties as an assistant coach at Kansas State, Mr. Lowery has had the time to make 28 posts on this website.
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 5th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Hinson's first two years are better than Lowery's last two years which is incredible considering the condition Lowery left the program in.

Lowery last four: 13-18 then 15-15 then 13-19 then 8-23
Hinson first two: 14-17 then 14-19

Lowery was nothing, but a terrible coach aside from the years he was riding on Weber's and Painter's coattails with Weber's and Painter's recruits. What Hinson has done so far is nothing short of miraculous. Honestly, what Lowery did was miraculous too. Goes from 27-7 his first year to 8-23 before getting fired. That is crazy bad.

If Dean were to say he would want to bring Weber or Painter back who are both struggling in their current positions it would make sense. Bringing Lowery back on the other hand makes 0 sense, and I really feel like this guy is trolling hard.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball