Next Coach for SIU?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next Coach for SIU?

Postby PantherSigEp » December 21st, 2014, 12:52 pm

bigdawg wrote:Frigging brutal loss to New Orleans. NO's first D1 win comes in Carbondale. Cripes.

But it doesn't count against RPI right?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » December 21st, 2014, 2:39 pm

It does count. New Orleans is a D1 program. They just hadn't beat a D1 program yet this year.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby PantherSigEp » December 21st, 2014, 7:36 pm

pafan wrote:It does count. New Orleans is a D1 program. They just hadn't beat a D1 program yet this year.

Damn. I'd never heard of them so I was hoping for NAIA or D-II. Then that does indeed suck :Bam:
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dean_siu » January 3rd, 2015, 10:51 pm

As interviews are done for a new AD, I truly hope the university asks candidates what their plan would be to fix the basketball program.

After getting our clocks cleaned by a POS Bradley squad, I'm not convinced that this team will win a conference game at all this season.

That's what happens when you ruin relationships with local AAU teams (by firing Lowery), hire a travel agent for coach, and make a non conference schedule that ranks #350 out of 351 in the country.

At least we don't have to worry about players transferring as no other programs in the country would want this worthless talent that Barry has recruited.

Last year, he had Desmar Jackson (who Lowery recruited) to save his ass to some extent.....this year, he's not as fortunate. Our best player is only a Saluki because Barry hired his daddy and would be gone if daddy was a qualified enough assistant to get a job elsewhere.

As I suggested before, the easiest solution is to make amends with Lowery and bring him back as this would have an immediate positive impact on recruiting.

However, if that's not the action.....there better be another plan of drastic action as Mario and Barry have taken this program to a point far lower than I ever thought I'd see Saluki basketball reach in my lifetime.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby dean_siu » January 3rd, 2015, 10:58 pm

Haha.....Barry even admits he's a stupid coach during the post game news conference.

http://youtu.be/wVmvNovXOZ0
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Championz » January 3rd, 2015, 11:33 pm

How's K-State doing?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 4th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Barry is a great guy and good for the MVC. I'm real glad he's at SIU.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UE-grad » January 4th, 2015, 3:08 pm

I think Marty would be a great fit. Can we do an even swap?
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby dean_siu » January 4th, 2015, 3:52 pm

bleach wrote:Barry is a great guy and good for the MVC. I'm real glad he's at SIU.

You must really hate SIU than. Building the worst team in the history of the program in just a few years is quite an accomplishment for him, but has many alumni (including myself) withholding any donations to the program until he's gone. The program has turned into a clown show and Barry needs to go back to being a travel agent so a real coach can come in and save the program he's ruined.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bleach » January 4th, 2015, 4:16 pm

dean_siu wrote:
bleach wrote:Barry is a great guy and good for the MVC. I'm real glad he's at SIU.

You must really hate SIU than. Building the worst team in the history of the program in just a few years is quite an accomplishment for him, but has many alumni (including myself) withholding any donations to the program until he's gone. The program has turned into a clown show and Barry needs to go back to being a travel agent so a real coach can come in and save the program he's ruined.

Just reciting some of the many reasons valley fans said MSU should keep Hinson.
To be fair, the program at SIU wasn't on real solid ground when he took over but i've had to endure Barry more than you have so I can sympathize.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball