Next Coach for SIU?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next Coach for SIU?

Postby glm38 » January 11th, 2015, 7:20 pm

rlh04d wrote:
glm38 wrote:Did you read the first part of my post? I live in Spfld, go to all of the home games and I can assure you MOST Bears fans have no animosity towards Hinson.

Of course I read the first part. I didn't respond to it because I agreed with it.

I responded to the part I disagreed with. I don't understand what there is for the minority part of the fanbase you're discussing to dislike him for, and your explanation at the end doesn't change that. Arguing that there is some dislike for him the same way there is for Turgeon, when Barry was forced out and Turgeon willingly left, doesn't make any sense.

My mistake then regarding your agreement. The 2nd part was a bit of a reach in the comparison. But the point I was trying to make is that practically anytime a coach leaves for whatever reason there are going to be some hard feelings by at least a few fans. I hardly think MSU is unique in that. In the case of MSU those few are just very vocal.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » January 12th, 2015, 3:53 am

Barry left Mo St in bad shape! All we had was a undeveloped Weems.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » January 20th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Valley_Fan wrote:
Play Angry wrote:
Valley_Fan wrote:Considering what Creighton has done this year, I don't think we will see McDermott in the Valley for a while.

Yes, that projected final RPI in the high 80s should merit a serious raise and extension.

Considering where you thought they would be.....yes

Bump.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » January 20th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Play Angry wrote:
Bump.

I bet that projected final RPI in the high 80s sure sounds good to Creighton fans right now.

Current RPIForecast projection: 162.5
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » January 20th, 2015, 1:02 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Play Angry wrote:
Bump.

I bet that projected final RPI in the high 80s sure sounds good to Creighton fans right now.

No doubt.

They will be fine and are definitely not entering the abyss. They said so last year on here. A bunch.

4 games behind DePaul is fine and was totally expected.

P.S. Muchos gracias to Loyola for being a significant net positive to the league this year.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » January 20th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Play Angry wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
Play Angry wrote:
Bump.

No doubt.

They will be fine and are definitely not entering the abyss. They said so last year on here. A bunch.

4 games behind DePaul is fine and was totally expected.

P.S. Muchos gracias to Loyola for being a significant net positive to the league this year.

This year being the key phrase. They are young however and should continue to be solid, but we're still talking about Loyola-Chicago vs. Creighton. It'd be a lot more palatable if we didn't still have teams in the 300's. Creighton would probably be a nice boost over the Bradley's and SIU's of today
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball