MVC vs OVC Video

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC vs OVC Video

Postby carrcar » December 15th, 2014, 12:42 pm

I recently watched a couple of SIU's games against OVC opponents on their internet video access. The OVC network was great, SIU's has been as bad as our team. Is everyone's in the MVC using the same internet video company?
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

MVC vs OVC Video

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC vs OVC Video

Postby PantherSigEp » December 15th, 2014, 6:42 pm

UNI uses Neulion which sucks. Whatever Denver used last week looked great. The MWC has some great production too. Really just about anyone but the MVC streams I see are pretty strong
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » December 15th, 2014, 9:19 pm

UE has in-house video services. (aka students)

Any idea how many people actually pay for these streams? Would be one thing to buy UE's package if I lived far away, but I've never paid to watch a road game.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby uniftw » December 15th, 2014, 9:51 pm

pafan wrote:UE has in-house video services. (aka students)

Any idea how many people actually pay for these streams? Would be one thing to buy UE's package if I lived far away, but I've never paid to watch a road game.

I would bet the number of people paying for the steams through neulion team sites is very low - 100 max for the vast majority of games.

No reason the MVC can't have something like the OVC, Big Sky, MWC, etc...
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » December 15th, 2014, 9:52 pm

The Aces games that I have seen on the Internet have been powered by an outfit called Sidearm Sports. My credit card also shows the charge from Sidearm Sports. I have run on to that organization before on Aces road games. It looks like they use local video production, and the audio from the home teams radio broadcast. The video is usually first class reception, but the camera work is definately the work of students.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » December 15th, 2014, 10:00 pm

ACECARD wrote:The Aces games that I have seen on the Internet have been powered by an outfit called Sidearm Sports. My credit card also shows the charge from Sidearm Sports.

Yeah, Sidearm provides streaming servers and payment and other website services.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby carrcar » December 16th, 2014, 6:39 am

pafan wrote:UE has in-house video services. (aka students)

The OVC broadcast is free. Had a few commercials.
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball