How many conference game will Wichita State lose

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

How many conference games will Wichita State lose?

Poll ended at January 7th, 2015, 10:34 am

7%
16%
28%
23%
16%
2%
7%

Total votes : 43

Re: How many conference game will Wichita State lose

Postby Championz » December 17th, 2014, 8:36 pm

I agree with the consensus at 3.

League is better and WSU isn't quite as good as last year.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » December 17th, 2014, 9:10 pm

I don't see the @UNI loss many people are predicting.

I don't necessarily think "hardest" game will equal "most likely to lose." WSU will be too prepared for that game. I seem them losing 1-2 games in conference, but not @UNI. I think they lose a few games they come out flat for -- they won't come out flat for that one.

Utah is a better team than UNI, and @Utah is a much tougher environment ... and it took a pretty bad outing by FVV for WSU to lose that game. I don't think they're going to lose another game they're intensely focused on until the tournament.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » December 18th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Championz wrote:I agree with the consensus at 3.

League is better and WSU isn't quite as good as last year.

I don't know. Perhaps WSU doesn't seem as good as last year, but it has been a tougher schedule than last year. Hard to compare. Not sure last years team would have fared much better. I think some have short term memories. Every game wasn't pretty last year either, especially early.

The league as a whole isn't much better IMHO. UNI and Evansville yes. Everyone else, well, we will see.

I say no more than 1 loss for WSU. 2 wouldn't be a total shock.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » December 19th, 2014, 12:10 am

0 or 1.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShockValue » December 19th, 2014, 9:24 am

I said 3. It's hard to say I've been unimpressed considering the overall start, but we're not the same team we were last year. FVV seems hesitant to shoot, Baker hasn't improved, and we probably miss Cle more than I expected. I think 3-4 losses is very reasonable and possibly more if we can't find a way to score.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » December 19th, 2014, 10:19 am

ShockValue wrote:I said 3. It's hard to say I've been unimpressed considering the overall start, but we're not the same team we were last year. FVV seems hesitant to shoot, Baker hasn't improved, and we probably miss Cle more than I expected. I think 3-4 losses is very reasonable and possibly more if we can't find a way to score.

I understand there are some weaknesses, but I'm not sure your list really fits the bill. The schedule has been much tougher this year. For an offense that can't score, the kenPom adjO rank seems a little high at 12. I'm actually MORE concerned about the overall team defense.

0 < L < 4
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 19th, 2014, 12:27 pm

ShockValue wrote:I said 3. It's hard to say I've been unimpressed considering the overall start, but we're not the same team we were last year. FVV seems hesitant to shoot, Baker hasn't improved, and we probably miss Cle more than I expected. I think 3-4 losses is very reasonable and possibly more if we can't find a way to score.

FVV is a shooting almost 2.5 more times per game this year over last and Baker is averaging 5 more points per game. You should have expected us to miss Cle.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 19th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Also, I would do a quick comparison of Baker's Soph. and Junior stats. They show marked improvement. What they don't show is the marked improvement despite the significant impact of becoming the primary defensive focus for other teams as a result of the loss of Early, which you point out.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » December 19th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Baker hasn't improved? Are you blind? That's an insane comment.

5 losses or more and something awful has happened to WSU's team. I mean AWFUL. WSU is still really good, and the rest of the league isn't. Not saying they can't lose (I believe I said they'd lose 2 or 3) but FIVE or more? Even 4 is a stretch. Outside of UNI, someone will have to be WAY better than they've been AND WSU will have to be off their game...I can't believe a WSU fan just said that.

WSU has scored less than 70 2 times, both against teams that would finish no lower than 2nd were they in the Valley. Scoring is fine.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » December 19th, 2014, 4:38 pm

2livewu wrote:

Outside of UNI, someone will have to be WAY better than they've been AND WSU will have to be off their game...I can't believe a WSU fan just said that.

Wow. Haven't even lost a game yet to someone outside of UNI and you are already installing an "excuse." You can't believe a WSU fan would say that. Geez. A WSU fan with reason is a breath of fresh air these days. They a few and far between. The arrogance is at all time high as always. It's become a carrying card synonymous with being a shocker fan. Get over yourself.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball