How many conference game will Wichita State lose

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

How many conference games will Wichita State lose?

Poll ended at January 7th, 2015, 10:34 am

7%
16%
28%
23%
16%
2%
7%

Total votes : 43

Re: How many conference game will Wichita State lose

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 20th, 2014, 3:21 pm

I picked 3.'

Three losses from these possibilities.
UNI- Likely
UE - Likely
Other games - Upset
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ShoxNAwe » December 20th, 2014, 10:49 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
2livewu wrote:
ShockValue wrote:I said 3. It's hard to say I've been unimpressed considering the overall start, but we're not the same team we were last year. FVV seems hesitant to shoot, Baker hasn't improved, and we probably miss Cle more than I expected. I think 3-4 losses is very reasonable and possibly more if we can't find a way to score.

Outside of UNI, someone will have to be WAY better than they've been AND WSU will have to be off their game...I can't believe a WSU fan just said that.

Wow. Haven't even lost a game yet to someone outside of UNI and you are already installing an "excuse." You can't believe a WSU fan would say that. Geez. A WSU fan with reason is a breath of fresh air these days. They a few and far between. The arrogance is at all time high as always. It's become a carrying card synonymous with being a shocker fan. Get over yourself.

I voted for 6 losses. "Marshall is in over his head in this conference...Marshall just recruits a bunch of juco athletes, not basketball players." WSU will prove those statements from days gone by painfully truthful this season.

Being down by double-digits late against Detroit and Alabama is a potential sign of struggles to come. Great teams in this great conference won't let WSU slop their way to wins. WSU is weak on the boards and too inexperienced on the bench. Mock and Tuttle may set arena records when WSU rolls into town.

BirdmanBB, is this the kind of raw truth you're looking for? Merry Christmas! This Shocker team might be the team of your dreams - a .500 record and failure to make the NCAA tournament. That kind of collapse will surely dampen the baseless arrogance of those Shocker fans and boost the chances of your beloved Redbirds making their own run to the Final Four.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » December 21st, 2014, 8:30 am

I just can't wait for the 3 UNI-WSU games. They are going to be terrific basketball games.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 21st, 2014, 9:29 am

BCPanther wrote:I just can't wait for the 3 UNI-WSU games. They are going to be terrific basketball games.

Two plus games. A lot of basketball to be played before talking about St Louis. WSU has the better backcourt and UNI the better front court and depth. I expect both games to be hard-nosed defensive battles. If both teams perform well (like 15-2 or better) expect ESPN game day to be in Wichita when the Panthers come to town on February 28.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » December 21st, 2014, 9:53 am

There is a reason the MVC scheduled UNI at WSU for the last game of the year.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » December 21st, 2014, 12:11 pm

Wufan wrote:
BCPanther wrote:I just can't wait for the 3 UNI-WSU games. They are going to be terrific basketball games.

Two plus games. A lot of basketball to be played before talking about St Louis. WSU has the better backcourt and UNI the better front court and depth. I expect both games to be hard-nosed defensive battles. If both teams perform well (like 15-2 or better) expect ESPN game day to be in Wichita when the Panthers come to town on February 28.

Objectively, I'll agree with you on depth, for now. Not sure about the front court comment. Tuttle may be better than Carter but it's close. Kelly and Wessel > Singleton and Buss.

Both teams are going to have issues if and when Tuttle and Carter are off the floor.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » December 21st, 2014, 12:23 pm

UNI played virtually the entire 2nd half and 2 OTs against VCU without Tuttle and did just fine.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » December 21st, 2014, 2:55 pm

valleychamp wrote:UNI played virtually the entire 2nd half and 2 OTs against VCU without Tuttle and did just fine.

That was a big win for you guys.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 21st, 2014, 6:10 pm

2livewu wrote:
Wufan wrote:

Objectively, I'll agree with you on depth, for now. Not sure about the front court comment. Tuttle may be better than Carter but it's close. Kelly and Wessel > Singleton and Buss.

Both teams are going to have issues if and when Tuttle and Carter are off the floor.

It's a close call. Being a fan of WSU, I can't even see the ceiling it's so high for the front court, but if I look at it as a casual fan...
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » December 21st, 2014, 7:33 pm

rlh04d wrote:
valleychamp wrote:UNI played virtually the entire 2nd half and 2 OTs against VCU without Tuttle and did just fine.

That was a big win for you guys.

Would've been a double digit loss in regulation if not for a Tuttle-less rotation erasing an 11 pt lead in the closing mins. I see the point you are making but valley champ is absolutely right. Tuttle makes this team go from a leadership stand point and is by far our top post presence. He does a ton for this team and in 90% of the games this year he has been leading the charge and pushing us to victory. But in the last two games he has struggled at times with very large and physical players and we have still played very strongly despite this fact. This is not a UNI team that falls straight into the sh***** just because Seth has an off night. Wes Washpun is just as capable of taking over a game and carrying the Panthers as Seth is. VCU and Iowa were great examples of that.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball