MSU Bears vs Tulsa 12/17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU Bears vs Tulsa 12/17

Postby glm38 » December 18th, 2014, 9:56 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
glm38 wrote:Close one but still a loss. Marshall is just a special player but he can't do it alone. I'm afraid that will be our mantra this year.

I think the biggest concern heading into this season is proving to be true, and that's the guy on the bench. We are now entering that terrible stretch that programs have to endure when you know the guy can't get it done, but how long do you have to go to finally accept that and make a change. Is mediocrity enough to fire a guy for , or does he have to out and out suck? What will probably doom Lusk first is not his record, but the fact attendance continues to dwindle and there is no excitement about his program in the community. A nice guy with a bland personality, no desire to market and a conservative boring brand of basketball has to win more than he has to last long. We'll win some games because we do have some talent, much more than Marcus who is special, but we just do so many things poorly, especially defensively, that you just can't envision us winning too many games against good teams . When we shoot the trey well, we're dangerous, but that's hardly a recipe for success.

I'm normally a "sunshine pumper" regarding our Bears. But I agree with everything you say. It looks pretty bleak right now. The one thing I think Lusk does pretty well is recruit. But unfortunately our players don't seem to get better under this coaching staff. Marcus is the exception there but he's so good he was bound to get better as he matured regardless.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » December 18th, 2014, 11:39 am

Not trying to be a jerk here, but Marshall getting hurt and redshirting was great for MSU.

He could have easily been one of those kids that transferred to a Big 10 or Big 12 school to play his last two years, but he won't do it if he loses a year...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » December 18th, 2014, 4:29 pm

BCPanther wrote:Not trying to be a jerk here, but Marshall getting hurt and redshirting was great for MSU.

He could have easily been one of those kids that transferred to a Big 10 or Big 12 school to play his last two years, but he won't do it if he loses a year...

Unless he graduates early and can transfer without sitting out a year.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » December 18th, 2014, 4:34 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Not trying to be a jerk here, but Marshall getting hurt and redshirting was great for MSU.

Miley's not forget he still has a redshirt year.... He could sit without loosing a year.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » December 18th, 2014, 5:40 pm

agrinut wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

Miley's not forget he still has a redshirt year.... He could sit without loosing a year.

Did your cell phone just auto-correct "let's" to "Miley"?

Highly incriminating.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball