ACES vs OHIO

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ACES vs OHIO

Postby DUShock » December 20th, 2014, 8:26 am

Consistent winning silences rational critics.

Go Valey!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbird23 » December 20th, 2014, 10:35 am

If WuShock and UNI keep winning as expected, and ISUr, UE, and the Ramblers win out for non-con I can say that the conference and the fans will be very excited going into conference play and we could legitimately be looking at 3 bids.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleyclimber » December 20th, 2014, 10:44 am

For the Valley to get a third team into the Big Dance, either the Redbirds or Aces would have to dominate over the bottom 6 teams in the Valley AND win at least one game at Arch Madness.

This is a year that there needs to be some serious separation between the top and bottom Valley teams. We all know that usually doesn't happen, but if the Redbirds or Aces want to have a shot at dancing come March, then those teams need to really take care of business in Valley play.

Can't believe it's almost time for another MVC season to begin...always a great time of the year :dance:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » December 20th, 2014, 11:13 am

valleyclimber wrote:For the Valley to get a third team into the Big Dance, either the Redbirds or Aces would have to dominate over the bottom 6 teams in the Valley AND win at least one game at Arch Madness.

This is a year that there needs to be some serious separation between the top and bottom Valley teams. We all know that usually doesn't happen, but if the Redbirds or Aces want to have a shot at dancing come March, then those teams need to really take care of business in Valley play.

Can't believe it's almost time for another MVC season to begin...always a great time of the year :dance:

The only way we get three bids is if someone other than WSU/UNI wins in St Louis, or someone other than WSU/UNI wins the conference plus 2 in St Louis. I don't think a third place finish and one win in St Louis gets anyone other than WSU/UNI in.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 20th, 2014, 11:14 am

Redbird23 wrote:If WuShock and UNI keep winning as expected, and ISUr, UE, and the Ramblers win out for non-con I can say that the conference and the fans will be very excited going into conference play and we could legitimately be looking at 3 bids.

4 of those 5 teams are unlikely to win out, let alone all 5.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » December 20th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Wufan wrote:
valleyclimber wrote:For the Valley to get a third team into the Big Dance, either the Redbirds or Aces would have to dominate over the bottom 6 teams in the Valley AND win at least one game at Arch Madness.

The only way we get three bids is if someone other than WSU/UNI wins in St Louis, or someone other than WSU/UNI wins the conference plus 2 in St Louis. I don't think a third place finish and one win in St Louis gets anyone other than WSU/UNI in.

Evansville can make the NCAA tournament as an at-large team if they go 18-0 in conference. Outside of that, with one top 100 RPI win, and more likely for that to move to zero than two moving forward, Evansville's only hope is St. Louis. Illinois State has slightly more wiggle room, but I still think they need three-to-four wins over WSU and UNI.

WSU should be guaranteed an at large spot. UNI has a great shot at one. Anyone else needs to win St. Louis.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » December 20th, 2014, 9:35 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Wufan wrote:

Evansville can make the NCAA tournament as an at-large team if they go 18-0 in conference. Outside of that, with one top 100 RPI win, and more likely for that to move to zero than two moving forward, Evansville's only hope is St. Louis. Illinois State has slightly more wiggle room, but I still think they need three-to-four wins over WSU and UNI.

WSU should be guaranteed an at large spot. UNI has a great shot at one. Anyone else needs to win St. Louis.

The Aces will not go 18-0 in the conference. Possibly, if they split with WSU, and UNI, and go 16-2, and play in the championship game in ST. Louis, it might be possible to get an at large. It will exceed my expectations if it happens.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » December 21st, 2014, 12:11 pm

ACECARD wrote:The Aces will not go 18-0 in the conference. Possibly, if they split with WSU, and UNI, and go 16-2, and play in the championship game in ST. Louis, it might be possible to get an at large. It will exceed my expectations if it happens.

That could be possible. Evansville would likely have a top 25 RPI and six top 100 RPI wins. That might be the breaking point for an at-large bid.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball