MVC starter

Re: ACES vs OHIO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » December 19th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Is DJ alright?

Solid win, UE!

We can lament Evansville's schedule (and we, and I, have) but at least they are winning against it this year. Not sure the record should save Marty's job if they tank in conference, but at least they are going to enter league play with a 200+ RPI.

I was over the tunnel at the game last night. When he went to the locker room, he favored his right leg a little trying to run it out. He was out perhaps 5 min max and went in to finish the overtime. Not badly hurt.
Sick Maybe.

Thanks for agreeing it was a solid win over a team that beat the Aces by 30 last year. Both team had the same core players.

USA TODAY SAGARIN UE 67 LOST TO A TOP 50 TEAM. http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm
STATSHEET UE RPI 92 http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/evansville
KENPOM UE RPI 97 http://kenpom.com/
REALTIME RPI UE RPI 88 http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_297_Men.html
Not sure the record should save Marty's job if they tank in conference, but at least they are going to enter league play with a 200+ RPI.

NICE COMPLIMENT AND THANKS FOR THE SLAP IN THE FACE UE ISN'T 200+ RPI STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE MAYBE BUT.....care to compare?

Marty's seat might be hot with some questionable calls but he is a favored son.

HOW ABOUT MULE JR?
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » December 19th, 2014, 10:04 pm

I don't understand why a couple of UE fans get defensive and butthurt over legitimate questioning on the team. Sorry, but I am sure most Aces fans, not named Simmons, are holding their breath and hoping for a different result this year. Does Marty have what it takes to coach this team? I truly hope so, but with the crappy performance to date, questioning and being somewhat skeptical is more than fair. I have no problem with it. The schedule is weak, and leaves little room for error. The "little room" was pretty well used up against Murray.

I also think most UE fans would agree that if Simmons can't get a real post season tournament this season, then it is probably time to go in a new direction. 8 years with no success is long enough, especially when 6 of them had Colt or DJ suiting up for him.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » December 19th, 2014, 11:08 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Is DJ alright?

Solid win, UE!

We can lament Evansville's schedule (and we, and I, have) but at least they are winning against it this year. Not sure the record should save Marty's job if they tank in conference, but at least they are going to enter league play with a 200+ RPI.

I was over the tunnel at the game last night. When he went to the locker room, he favored his right leg a little trying to run it out. He was out perhaps 5 min max and went in to finish the overtime. Not badly hurt.
Sick Maybe.

Thanks for agreeing it was a solid win over a team that beat the Aces by 30 last year. Both team had the same core players.

USA TODAY SAGARIN UE 67 LOST TO A TOP 50 TEAM. http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm
STATSHEET UE RPI 92 http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/evansville
KENPOM UE RPI 97 http://kenpom.com/
REALTIME RPI UE RPI 88 http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_297_Men.html
Not sure the record should save Marty's job if they tank in conference, but at least they are going to enter league play with a 200+ RPI.

NICE COMPLIMENT AND THANKS FOR THE SLAP IN THE FACE UE ISN'T 200+ RPI STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE MAYBE BUT.....care to compare?

Marty's seat might be hot with some questionable calls but he is a favored son.

HOW ABOUT MULE JR?
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » December 19th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:I don't understand why a couple of UE fans get defensive and butthurt over legitimate questioning on the team. Sorry, but I am sure most Aces fans, not named Simmons, are holding their breath and hoping for a different result this year. Does Marty have what it takes to coach this team? I truly hope so, but with the crappy performance to date, questioning and being somewhat skeptical is more than fair. I have no problem with it. The schedule is weak, and leaves little room for error. The "little room" was pretty well used up against Murray.

I also think most UE fans would agree that if Simmons can't get a real post season tournament this season, then it is probably time to go in a new direction. 8 years with no success is long enough, especially when 6 of them had Colt or DJ suiting up for him.

Go back under the rock you slimed out under Wormer. I answered your concerns. UE is 6 points away from being 9-0. I pointed out Marty's seat is a little uncomfortable. I think that you and some of the others are afraid of what the Aces may do to your team and the Valley. If I was you I'd be concerned. go get back under your rock and watch.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 20th, 2014, 12:21 am

sixth ace wrote:
Dean Wormer wrote:I don't understand why a couple of UE fans get defensive and butthurt over legitimate questioning on the team. Sorry, but I am sure most Aces fans, not named Simmons, are holding their breath and hoping for a different result this year. Does Marty have what it takes to coach this team? I truly hope so, but with the crappy performance to date, questioning and being somewhat skeptical is more than fair. I have no problem with it. The schedule is weak, and leaves little room for error. The "little room" was pretty well used up against Murray.

Go back under the rock you slimed out under Wormer. I answered your concerns. UE is 6 points away from being 9-0. I pointed out Marty's seat is a little uncomfortable. I think that you and some of the others are afraid of what the Aces may do to your team and the Valley. If I was you I'd be concerned. go get back under your rock and watch.

Totally my mistake. I intended to type "AREN'T" going to enter the league with a 200+ RPI. Carry on with the winning. Glad DJ isn't hurt seriously.

Still, not sure anyone is quivering in fear.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » December 20th, 2014, 2:00 am

sixth ace wrote:I think that you and some of the others are afraid of what the Aces may do to your team and the Valley.

Yes, most people are usually afraid of getting Evansville'd.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 20th, 2014, 6:56 am

UE just needs to keep winning!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUShock » December 20th, 2014, 8:26 am

Consistent winning silences rational critics.

Go Valey!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird23 » December 20th, 2014, 10:35 am

If WuShock and UNI keep winning as expected, and ISUr, UE, and the Ramblers win out for non-con I can say that the conference and the fans will be very excited going into conference play and we could legitimately be looking at 3 bids.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball