12/20 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 12/20 games

Postby mvcfan » December 21st, 2014, 4:07 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:
GarH wrote:Congratulations to UNI. A good win for the Panthers. Thank goodness at least one other team in the Valley besides the Shockers can get a quality win.

At this point, RPI wise (warren nolan), ISUr still has the best win over ODU. Has been that case for some time now.

Old Dominion has been mentioned several times as a nice win for ISUR and the Valley. Are there any bad losses by ISUR to negate this win?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » December 21st, 2014, 7:36 pm

mvcfan wrote:Old Dominion has been mentioned several times as a nice win for ISUR and the Valley. Are there any bad losses by ISUR to negate this win?

Great question that I bet goes unanswered.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bmarq04 » December 21st, 2014, 8:44 pm

Championz wrote:
mvcfan wrote:Old Dominion has been mentioned several times as a nice win for ISUR and the Valley. Are there any bad losses by ISUR to negate this win?

Well, you bet wrong.

Our only loss not in the top 100 is Utah St. They currently sit at 165. Not the worst thing in the world. Definitely a team we should have beat.

Down side is that they will most likely continue their RPI slide (they were still top 100 a little over a week ago). I would bet that by the end of the year this does look like a bad loss. As of now all other losses are top 100 and have a real shot to stay there. The biggest thing for this team is to learn how to win those top 100 games - at least some of them.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » December 21st, 2014, 9:06 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Well, you bet wrong.

Our only loss not in the top 100 is Utah St. They currently sit at 165. Not the worst thing in the world. Definitely a team we should have beat.

Down side is that they will most likely continue their RPI slide (they were still top 100 a little over a week ago). I would bet that by the end of the year this does look like a bad loss. As of now all other losses are top 100 and have a real shot to stay there. The biggest thing for this team is to learn how to win those top 100 games - at least some of them.

Next year might be a big year for the Refbirds. DAP will be a senior, Lynch will be an upperclassman, and McIntosh and Hawkins should be hitting their stride. The loss of Hunter and Knight will hurt, and I'm still not sure what to think about Lee/Wills. They're solid, but kinda meh.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » December 21st, 2014, 10:48 pm

Lusk puts on another amazing performance yesterday, playing Dorrian Williams 37 minutes with his paltry stat line of 1-8 FG, 0-5 from 3PT, six rebounds, and three steals.

You guys that think Lusk's recruiting is good are on crack. The talent we have is not utilized very well. We are undersized (That should have been very apparent yesterday), and our class for next year is not very good.

It's going to be a long next four or so years.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sivert » December 31st, 2014, 11:37 am

Why is Drake so bad? What happened to Jacob Enevold? Last year he looked pretty good (at least when UNI played Drake). In the game against Iowa State, he looked like a couple trips up and down the court would do him in. Exhausted. Pulling his shirt asking to come out.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 31st, 2014, 11:45 am

sivert wrote:Why is Drake so bad? What happened to Jacob Enevold? Last year he looked pretty good (at least when UNI played Drake). In the game against Iowa State, he looked like a couple trips up and down the court would do him in. Exhausted. Pulling his shirt asking to come out.

Last year he averaged 5 and 5. This year he's averaging 8 and 6. I'd take a 6-11 sophomore that averaged 8 and 6!

While Drake has many problems, I don't think JEJ is one of them.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » December 31st, 2014, 3:59 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:

Yes, to this point Utah State wouldn't be considered an extremely bad loss. However, I'm with you that by the end of the year, it may well be a bad loss. We'll have to wait on that one.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball