Updated MVC Power Rankings - December 28

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Updated MVC Power Rankings - December 28

Postby Red » December 31st, 2014, 10:13 am

MVCfans wrote:It was a tough decision, but I made a move at the top this week. I feel like the Shockers are still the favorite in the MVC, but Panthers are probably playing better at the moment.

link: MVC Power Rankings - December 28

I agree with the rankings and I'll bet anyone a dollar that Illinois State wins at least one game against WSU or UNI and loses to either Drake or Indiana State.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 2nd, 2015, 7:17 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:Just like every year there are going to be "upsets" every week, some weeks even more than others.
From what I have seen this year there probably isn't +/- 10 points between most of the Valley teams.
UNI seems to have played the most consistent in the OOC season, maybe a little more prepared for the conference to start.
There are no guarantees and that's what makes it fun and exciting.

Like I said....I think the Valley title is wide open.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 2nd, 2015, 8:40 am

I think UEs win puts WSU back on top of the POwer Rankings, UNI second and UE still in third.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 2nd, 2015, 10:12 am

Red wrote:
MVCfans wrote:It was a tough decision, but I made a move at the top this week. I feel like the Shockers are still the favorite in the MVC, but Panthers are probably playing better at the moment.

link: MVC Power Rankings - December 28

I agree with the rankings and I'll bet anyone a dollar that Illinois State wins at least one game against WSU or UNI and loses to either Drake or Indiana State.

We're halfway there!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 2nd, 2015, 5:31 pm

Wufan wrote:I think UEs win puts WSU back on top of the POwer Rankings, UNI second and UE still in third.

Maybe but, it wouldn't be too hard to construct an arguement that WSUs performance against Drake was worse than UNIs performance against UE.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 2nd, 2015, 7:42 pm

bleach wrote:
Wufan wrote:I think UEs win puts WSU back on top of the POwer Rankings, UNI second and UE still in third.

Maybe but, it wouldn't be too hard to construct an arguement that WSUs performance against Drake was worse than UNIs performance against UE.

True.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 2nd, 2015, 8:02 pm

bleach wrote:

Slice and dice it however you wish, but a win is better than a loss anytime. Especially in conference and on the road.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » January 2nd, 2015, 10:30 pm

bleach wrote:Maybe but, it wouldn't be too hard to construct an arguement that WSUs performance against Drake was worse than UNIs performance against UE.

So bleach, since you are arguing/comparing which ugly girl you would rather take to the dance, which one is worse?

1. WSU's road win over Drake?
2. UNI's road loss to Evansville?
3. ISUR's home loss to ISUB?

I'll let you haggle over the uglies, and I'll take the win and hopefully at the end of the year, our wins will lead to an invite to the NCAA dance with the beautiful girl.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 2nd, 2015, 11:31 pm

I'd take the win every day. You guys are the ones who keep saying that WSUs losses haven't been bad since the competition was strong while criticizing other teams wins. Just using the same sound logic. If you are gonna knock a win over the sisters of the poor compared to a loss to Utah then you can't tout a road win over Drake and knock a road loss to Evansville.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » January 3rd, 2015, 12:15 am

bleach wrote:I'd take the win every day. You guys are the ones who (to a loss to Utah then you can't tout a road win over Drake and knock a road loss to Evansville.

I never said that. First of all, I don't think that the Shockers are playing well but we have a very good RPI and we've had some nice wins. From the first week in the league, it looks like none of us are playing very well. I haven't been critical of wins or losses but I've been critical of bad schedules. Good non-con schedules are vital and winning your games is very important in order for the MVC to gain respect. I just listened to Luke Winn from SI and he was sold on WSU and UNI (largely because of their difficult schedule and because they won some of the critical games and even played VCU close in OT on national television). When asked about how many teams would get NCAA Tournament invitations, he said that Evansville had some talent but didn't do anything in their non-conference schedule. He didn't mention any other teams. If Evansville had won all of their non-con games, or scheduled tougher, they may have been mentioned too.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball