UNI All-Access

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI All-Access

Postby unipanther99 » January 12th, 2015, 10:01 pm

It's pretty popular here in Eastern Iowa as well. Lots of Cubs/Bears/Bulls/Blackhawk fans around here.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » January 13th, 2015, 6:32 am

unipanther99 wrote:It's pretty popular here in Eastern Iowa as well. Lots of Cubs/Bears/Bulls/Blackhawk fans around here.

I'm not denying it's an important regional channel.

But it's still a regional channel. And a regional channel is not major exposure, especially when it's a regional channel that broadcasts to the area where the Valley has 80% of their teams.

If the Valley still needs attention in that area, with four teams in Illinois, two in Iowa, and two in Indiana, then I doubt a documentary is going to add anything.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 13th, 2015, 10:30 am

Leave it to Valleytalkers to bemoan this.

"Nobody gets that channel!"

"Its not national!"

"Wait till you see what WSU gets!"

Its a very cool show, and its a good thing for UNI's program. There are at least a half dozen ways to watch the show, and this is most definitely a benefit to UNI.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:31 am

valleychamp wrote:Leave it to Valleytalkers to bemoan this.

"Its not national!"

Its a very cool show, and its a good thing for UNI's program. There are at least a half dozen ways to watch the show, and this is most definitely a benefit to UNI.

:+1:
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 10:34 am

"Its not national!"

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Don't get so offended by the facts. Better yet, don't get so offended period. It makes you look like the WSU fans you loathe.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » January 13th, 2015, 11:13 am

"Its not national!"

WSU gets a show like this, even on regional TV, and we would never not hear about it and how the success and exposure it's bringing.

Someone else gets it and it becomes an issue of "OH OF COURSE ONLY ILLINOIS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH REGIONAL!"
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Why are you guys getting so sensitive about this? It'd be interesting to watch if one actually could watch it. Why isn't that relevant to the discussion?

If it's only gonna be on television in your local viewing area, then what's the point of it here? It sounds like a perfect thing for the UNI message board but to a board where less than half the potential viewers can't even entertain the idea of watching it?

I sure hope WSU fans have never posted similar things in the past. I sure don't remember anything like that. Now nationally? Yes, I've seen that.

I guess instead of the few UNI fans who have only contributed crankiness to the thread, how about a recap of the weekly episodes?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » January 13th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Championz wrote:Why are you guys getting so sensitive about this? It'd be interesting to watch if one actually could watch it. Why isn't that relevant to the discussion?

If it's only gonna be on television in your local viewing area, then what's the point of it here? It sounds like a perfect thing for the UNI message board but to a board where less than half the potential viewers can't even entertain the idea of watching it?

I sure hope WSU fans have never posted similar things in the past. I sure don't remember anything like that. Now nationally? Yes, I've seen that.

I guess instead of the few UNI fans who have only contributed crankiness to the thread, how about a recap of the weekly episodes?

Its on a station that's part of the freaking Valley TV network. It's home area to 8 of the 10 Valley schools. Its also on this thing called YouTube and unipanthers.com. Its readily available to anyone that reads this board that wants to watch it...

If Wichita had the same thing going, you guys would be beating your chests about it. uniftw is exactly right about it.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 2:42 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Championz wrote:Why are you guys getting so sensitive about this? It'd be interesting to watch if one actually could watch it. Why isn't that relevant to the discussion?

Its on a station that's part of the freaking Valley TV network. It's home area to 8 of the 10 Valley schools. Its also on this thing called YouTube and unipanthers.com. Its readily available to anyone that reads this board that wants to watch it...

If Wichita had the same thing going, you guys would be beating your chests about it. uniftw is exactly right about it.

Yeah, I don't get the issue here. Seems like a cool deal. You guys should post links as they become available. Jacobson runs a fine program, and seems committed to it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » January 13th, 2015, 2:44 pm

Championz wrote: how about a recap of the weekly episodes?

The first episode was more or less about coach Jake, his family, getting ready for the North Dakota game, and becoming the all time coaching wins leader at UNI against his alma-mater.

The second episode was the trip down to SFA to play in the 24 hours of basketball on ESPN, and the (somewhat) homecoming for Deon Mitchell, focusing on him and how difficult it can be to play so far away from home.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball