Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 10:42 am

Uh, examples?

Honestly, you seem to be the most offended one in this entire thread, which is strange to say the least.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:44 am

valleychamp wrote:Listen, this has been going on long before wsu started rolling people.

There are still a few posters here that bring up single post from an entirely different board from nearly 10 years ago about Gregg Marshall's coaching ability. Suck on that, guy from 10 years ago who didn't like Gregg! We really showed you!!!

That's what happens on a message board. I'm shocked you don't get that. Say a coach can't cut it and then watch that coach run rough-shod over your conference while winning NCOY? Prolly gonna hear about it.

Say a recruit is the next coming of GodShawGod and he flops? Prolly gonna hear about it.

To single out WSU in this regard is silly. Everyone does it. It's the nature of a league message board. Personally, I like references to 10 years ago. I think they are funny. And they lend perspective.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » January 13th, 2015, 10:58 am

Who's GodShawGod?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 13th, 2015, 11:12 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
jwa123 wrote:
Wufan wrote:
WUFAN, what it says for Dan Muller is that he has been coaching a team that hasn't been healthy since mid-December. These aren't just role players that have been hurt but key cogs for the team..

Kind of like wsu, one starter out for 4 games, another starter (TC) who had his hand (shooting) in a splint all season.

For what the injured players mean to our team compared to Wsu I'd say
Purcell being out would be equal to Baker being out
Hawkins being out equal to Wessel
Lynch sitting out/playing at about 60% equal to Carter playing that way/sitting out
If wsu had this scenario happen to them they may have loss another game or two, maybe not we would never know for sure. But having your leading scorer and rebounder out for 4 weeks or so along with another starter out and your starting center at half strength/out is tough for any team
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:14 am

Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think DAP and Lynch are back close to 100%, is that right?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » January 13th, 2015, 11:16 am

PantherSigEp wrote:Who's GodShawGod?

Matt Shaw. Played for SIU. Much hyped out of high school by Saluki fans on the old board as someone who would dominate the league. Decent player, nothing too special.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » January 13th, 2015, 11:16 am

BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:20 am

Aargh wrote:
BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.

ISUr was without 3 players and still none of the starters played more than 26 minutes. This is just patently untrue. ISUr absolutely steamrolled Drake while WSU struggled at times. You and I may not agree with the comparison made, but there's no need to completely destroy the truth.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 13th, 2015, 11:25 am

Cdizzle wrote:Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think Hawkins is just in wait and see mode as those stress reaction injuries are tricky to deal with. Just taking it day by day is my understanding.

I'd say Lynch is getting there but back issues come and go as well so some days he probably feels really good and other days not so much

Purcell should be close to 100% now, if anything just needs to work off some of the rust from sitting out.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:42 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think Hawkins is just in wait and see mode as those stress reaction injuries are tricky to deal with. Just taking it day by day is my understanding.

I'd say Lynch is getting there but back issues come and go as well so some days he probably feels really good and other days not so much

Purcell should be close to 100% now, if anything just needs to work off some of the rust from sitting out.

Thanks. Lynch looked pretty normal in the WSU game until he took two pretty bad falls, one directly on his back. Hopefully he heals up. Those things can be difficult to get healed during the conference grind when you never get a week off.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball