Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:15 am

valleychamp wrote:You can tell that he is new to the league. He obviously doesnt know that nobody can have something or somebody better than WSU has, and if you claim otherwise, you will hear about it for the rest of time.

Yeah.... except that isn't at all what he said. It's not like he said "ISUr has some players that could definitely play for WSU." Or even "I think they'll make a run at winning the conference." He stated that, roster spot by roster spot, ISUr was more talented than WSU.

Some people sure get offended easily by fans of a team that has won 27 consecutive games against current league members claiming that their team might be better than some other teams in said league. If other coaches are going to pop off in the media about WSU's talent, they are probably going to hear about it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » January 13th, 2015, 10:23 am

I'm not the one thats offended, not even the slightest. He gave an honest opinion. Clearly, its the WSU posters who are offended, as they are the ones immediately jumping on people who make comments or have opinions like this.

I happen to disagree with Giacolletti on this.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:28 am

valleychamp wrote:I'm not the one thats offended, not even the slightest. He gave an honest opinion. Clearly, its the WSU posters who are offended, as they are the ones immediately jumping on people who make comments or have opinions like this.

I happen to disagree with Giacolletti on this.

Ah, I see. So you just felt the need to take a pot-shot at people that you agree with. Makes sense.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 10:31 am

valleychamp wrote:You can tell that he is new to the league. He obviously doesnt know that nobody can have something or somebody better than WSU has, and if you claim otherwise, you will hear about it for the rest of time.

Go have your team have the same success WSU has garnered in the last 5 years, win 25 league games in a row (nevermind WSU's record against the league in that 5 year stretch), tab a couple preseason all-americans, and tell me that you or your fanbase wouldn't get offended by those remarks.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:32 am

Championz wrote:

Go have your team have the same success WSU has garnered in the last 5 years, win 25 league games in a row (nevermind WSU's record against the league in that 5 year stretch), tab a couple preseason all-americans, and tell me that you or your fanbase wouldn't get offended.

They don't have to do that. I wouldn't buy that ISUr's roster is more talented than UNI's right now.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BTbird » January 13th, 2015, 10:33 am

Wufan wrote:If true, what does this say about Dan Muller?

I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent. Our players weren't in the conversation at the beginning of the year for the first and second team MVC. We've pretty much played to our middle of the pack preseason prediction. We probably have as much depth as anybody but that doesn't trump other teams starters. If WSU and ISU merged their starters, I think Reggie might be the only ISU representative in the lineup.

Mvc-sports.com
2014-15 MVC Preseason Team

Ron Baker, Wichita State Jr. G 6-3 Scott City (Kan.) High
D.J. Balentine, Evansville Jr. G 6-2 Kokomo (Ind.) High
Tekele Cotton, Wichita State Sr. G 6-2 Marietta (Ga.) Whitefield Acad.
Seth Tuttle, UNI Sr. F 6-8 Sheffield (Iowa) West Fork
Fred VanVleet, Wichita State Jr. G 5-11 Rockford (Ill.) Auburn High
Honorable Mention Selections:
Anthony Beane, Southern Illinois Jr. G 6-2 Normal (Ill.) High
Milton Doyle, Loyola So. G 6-4 Chicago (Ill.) Marshall High
Marcus Marshall, Missouri State Jr. G 6-3 St. Paul (Minn.) Johnson High
Egidijus Mockevicius, Evansville Jr. C 6-10 Kursenai (Lithuania)

Preseason Player of the Year: Fred VanVleet, Wichita State
Team determined by panel of league SIDs, media, and coaches.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:36 am

BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent. Our players weren't in the conversation at the beginning of the year for the first and second team MVC. We've pretty much played to our middle of the pack preseason prediction. We probably have as much depth as anybody but that doesn't trump other teams starters. If WSU and ISU merged their starters, I think Reggie might be the only ISU representative in the lineup.

Yep. I haven't heard the entire interview. Sometimes coaches say some exaggerated things when their team just got pasted by 36 points. Still, probably not the best comparison to make, especially given that you still have a return trip to Wichita.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 13th, 2015, 10:37 am

Listen, this has been going on long before wsu started rolling people.

There are still a few posters here that bring up single post from an entirely different board from nearly 10 years ago about Gregg Marshall's coaching ability. Suck on that, guy from 10 years ago who didn't like Gregg! We really showed you!!!
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 13th, 2015, 10:42 am

Uh, examples?

Honestly, you seem to be the most offended one in this entire thread, which is strange to say the least.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 10:44 am

valleychamp wrote:Listen, this has been going on long before wsu started rolling people.

There are still a few posters here that bring up single post from an entirely different board from nearly 10 years ago about Gregg Marshall's coaching ability. Suck on that, guy from 10 years ago who didn't like Gregg! We really showed you!!!

That's what happens on a message board. I'm shocked you don't get that. Say a coach can't cut it and then watch that coach run rough-shod over your conference while winning NCOY? Prolly gonna hear about it.

Say a recruit is the next coming of GodShawGod and he flops? Prolly gonna hear about it.

To single out WSU in this regard is silly. Everyone does it. It's the nature of a league message board. Personally, I like references to 10 years ago. I think they are funny. And they lend perspective.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball