Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake Coach - On Drugs?

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:14 am

Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think DAP and Lynch are back close to 100%, is that right?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » January 13th, 2015, 11:16 am

PantherSigEp wrote:Who's GodShawGod?

Matt Shaw. Played for SIU. Much hyped out of high school by Saluki fans on the old board as someone who would dominate the league. Decent player, nothing too special.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » January 13th, 2015, 11:16 am

BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:20 am

Aargh wrote:
BTbird wrote:I'm not really sure what has happened to get all this love on our talent.

It's pretty simple. Muller ran the score up on Giacaletti. Marshall didn't. As Muller matures as a coach, he may someday learn to have the class that Marshall displays.

ISUr was without 3 players and still none of the starters played more than 26 minutes. This is just patently untrue. ISUr absolutely steamrolled Drake while WSU struggled at times. You and I may not agree with the comparison made, but there's no need to completely destroy the truth.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 13th, 2015, 11:25 am

Cdizzle wrote:Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think Hawkins is just in wait and see mode as those stress reaction injuries are tricky to deal with. Just taking it day by day is my understanding.

I'd say Lynch is getting there but back issues come and go as well so some days he probably feels really good and other days not so much

Purcell should be close to 100% now, if anything just needs to work off some of the rust from sitting out.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 13th, 2015, 11:42 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Speaking of which, is there any update on Hawkins? Hopefully that doesn't continue to linger much longer.

I think Hawkins is just in wait and see mode as those stress reaction injuries are tricky to deal with. Just taking it day by day is my understanding.

I'd say Lynch is getting there but back issues come and go as well so some days he probably feels really good and other days not so much

Purcell should be close to 100% now, if anything just needs to work off some of the rust from sitting out.

Thanks. Lynch looked pretty normal in the WSU game until he took two pretty bad falls, one directly on his back. Hopefully he heals up. Those things can be difficult to get healed during the conference grind when you never get a week off.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » January 13th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Seems to me Giacoletti is positioning himself to get the Redbird coaching job. That sneaky son of a gun.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BTbird » January 13th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Aargh wrote:

Last time Drake played at Redbird ISU won 81-45
Last time Drake played at Koch WSU won 83–54
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbird23 » January 13th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Aargh wrote:

I don't think he was able to. It's comments like this why a lot of people in the Valley hate Wichita instead of root for them, which gives success and attention to the conference... :Bam:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dabirds0987 » January 13th, 2015, 7:10 pm

I believe the context was regarding depth, 1 vs 1 (FVV vs Lee), 2 vs 2 (Baker vs Knight) through 12 vs 12, ISU would win the majority of the matchups. Much ado about nothing, all I would care about is winning. I do find it interesting that a few WSU fans seem to get worked up over anything ISU.
dabirds0987
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball