January 20th -21st games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 20th -21st games

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 22nd, 2015, 6:11 pm

ISUb had a great game plan. Obviously, they have the horses to be able to execute that game plan. Both Gant and Kitchell are big and good interior defenders. They made it tough for Tuttle all night. The Trees played well, and in the 2nd half we didn't shoot as well. We missed some open shots, but also didn't get the looks we did in the first half.

It is nice to see that we can win in totally different styles. Versus MSU we couldn't make an outside shot to save our lives. Then versus ISUb we can't get anything going inside. We definitely need to shoot free throws better too.

Very nervous about this game at RBA this weekend.

Go Panthers!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snuvvy_D » January 22nd, 2015, 7:06 pm

valleychamp wrote:
Snuvvy_D wrote:
Championz wrote:Yah, saying "if we only would have shot better", is a pretty lame excuse. No sh**? You shoot better, you would've won by more. You don't say?

Do you think Indiana State had anything to do with that? I'm sure Sycamore fans are saying if they would've shot better, they would've won.

And as a side note, I don't recall UNI being a torch-the-nets type of shooting team anyways.

Agreed, "if we would've shot better" is a lame excuse.

But, to your last paragraph, I will point out that UNI is ranked 27th nationally in FG%, and 24th in eFG%. so they kinda have been a torch-the-nets kind of shooting team this year

Its not a lame excuse if its true. Sometimes you just dont make shots.

That certainly was not the case last night, however. Ind St played a great game defensively and there simply werent many great shots to be had for UNI.

Right, it happens, I agree. Wasn't trying to call out UNI fans, I just hate when fans blame losing on their team just not hitting shots.

Because first of all, duh. If you make all your shots of course you're going to win, it's not even worth saying. Second of all, it trivializes the efforts of the other team.

Not a big deal at all though, just a pet peeve. I'm done being pedantic now, promise
Snuvvy_D
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PantherSigEp » January 22nd, 2015, 8:52 pm

2livewu wrote:There was an AWFUL charge call against ISU late on Etherington (sorry if I didn't get the name right). Didn't decide the game, but it pretty much took away any chance ISUb had to win.

I'm assuming you're talking about Tuttle taking the charge? Strange you saw it that way because it was pretty much a consensus between the announcers that it was the right call. Looked pretty clear on the replay that Tuttle was there in time and set. But you're right, I think it pretty much stuck a fork in the Sycs, and it wasn't what lost them the game. They proceeded to turn it over on their next two possessions as well, IIRC
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball