Gavin Thurman?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Gavin Thurman?

Postby ShoxNAwe » January 21st, 2015, 8:57 pm

Can a Bears fan fill us in on Wichita native Gavin Thurman? He didn't see much court time tonight against the Shockers.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Gavin Thurman?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Gavin Thurman?

Postby bleach » January 22nd, 2015, 3:56 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Can a Bears fan fill us in on Wichita native Gavin Thurman? He didn't see much court time tonight against the Shockers.

In Lusks doghouse. Seems to always be. Always had a low motor but pretty skilled. He was Marcus Marshalls room mate too. Rumblings of him transferring abound too.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 22nd, 2015, 2:15 pm

I wonder how Thurman would have developed if he had become a Shocker? Marshall might have been able to develop him into something.

It's a real shame because Gavin is one of the more skilled offensive players I've seen. Seeing him as a freshman he really looked like he would be an all Valley player by his junior and/or senior year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » January 23rd, 2015, 12:17 pm

glm38 wrote:I wonder how Thurman would have developed if he had become a Shocker? Marshall might have been able to develop him into something.

It's a real shame because Gavin is one of the more skilled offensive players I've seen. Seeing him as a freshman he really looked like he would be an all Valley player by his junior and/or senior year.

He would either be better, or not playing for Gregg Marshall.

If the rumors of Gavin's laziness are true he would have to change that in a big way or else he wouldn't last long. It's the same reason Shocker fans were concerned about Shaq Morris being around next year. Fortunately, the indicators are pointing in the right direction now for him.

If Thurman had come to WSU and put in the work required, he couldn't help but get better.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby wgslaw » January 23rd, 2015, 5:22 pm

I think Thurman transferred from Southeast to Heights his senior year. I thought he had the best upside from the 3 City League name players that year of Perry, Frankamp and Thurman. I'm disappointed with how he is doing this year. In prior years, he was a load when playing Wichita, State. Hope he and the Bears get it together.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bleach » January 23rd, 2015, 5:47 pm

Gavin is just one of many players under Lusk who were exciting young players who get discarded by their Jr year. Kirk was a very promising Frosh who has never had a defined role to develop into. Ruder was all Frosh MVC and until Marshall left was relegated to coming off the bench already. Gavin was far more productive as a Frosh and Soph than now and if a coach can't motivate, he's not much of a coach. This is the root of MSUs problems. They were picked 3rd because of their talent. They may finish last because of lack of talent.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 23rd, 2015, 8:24 pm

bleach wrote:Gavin is just one of many players under Lusk who were exciting young players who get discarded by their Jr year. Kirk was a very promising Frosh who has never had a defined role to develop into. Ruder was all Frosh MVC and until Marshall left was relegated to coming off the bench already. Gavin was far more productive as a Frosh and Soph than now and if a coach can't motivate, he's not much of a coach. This is the root of MSUs problems. They were picked 3rd because of their talent. They may finish last because of lack of talent.

I have to agree. Bears players just don't seem to get better. In 4 years under our current HC you could make the argument that only Dorrian Williams has shown any progress.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » January 24th, 2015, 11:49 am

glm38 wrote:
bleach wrote:Gavin is just one of many players under Lusk who were exciting young players who get discarded by their Jr year. Kirk was a very promising Frosh who has never had a defined role to develop into. Ruder was all Frosh MVC and until Marshall left was relegated to coming off the bench already. Gavin was far more productive as a Frosh and Soph than now and if a coach can't motivate, he's not much of a coach. This is the root of MSUs problems. They were picked 3rd because of their talent. They may finish last because of lack of talent.

I have to agree. Bears players just don't seem to get better. In 4 years under our current HC you could make the argument that only Dorrian Williams has shown any progress.

You could make the arguement many have got worse including Kyle Weems.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 26th, 2015, 5:57 pm

bleach wrote:
glm38 wrote:

You could make the arguement many have got worse including Kyle Weems.

I didn't like Kyle Weems, but I loved him.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball