January 24th-25th games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 24th-25th games

Postby uniftw » January 27th, 2015, 9:34 am

GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Holy s***.

When the UNI-ISUr game ended, I immediately came on here to see the reaction and it was on page 5.

I log-in one day later and it's page 15. As someone with a fatal attraction to dramatic theater and trainwrecks, could someone tell me if reading pages 6-15 are recommended?

Not recommended.

Not shocking that you'd be the one to think that.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 27th, 2015, 9:42 am

uniftw wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Holy s***.

When the UNI-ISUr game ended, I immediately came on here to see the reaction and it was on page 5.

I log-in one day later and it's page 15. As someone with a fatal attraction to dramatic theater and trainwrecks, could someone tell me if reading pages 6-15 are recommended?

Not recommended.

Not shocking that you'd be the one to think that.

Move on already.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » January 27th, 2015, 9:57 am

GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
BTbird wrote:I didn't read the threads and I don't think I want to. Congrats to UNI. Your team executed better down the stretch and proved why you are ranked where you are. I watched the entire game and like the way we played on defense and get out in transition but was disappointed with our offense. It's frustrating watching us throw away games like that.

Regardless of the outcome of that game, neither team played like a top 25 team. Not saying ISU is even close o that or UNI has not played like that all year long but in that game, neither team was top 25 worthy.

Sometimes top 20 teams just have to find a way to win. UNI held ISU to more than 20 points below their scoring average but pretty much the same amount as we permit other teams to score, so I would say UNI played their game on that end. Offensively, we turned the ball over too much-credit to ISU being able to swarm and reach/poke at our guys drives and passes, but we shot a little over average from 3 but below from the field.

Bottom line though, we found a way to score one more point than the opponent, which is all it takes. Do that enough times over the season and you are top 20/25, no matter what you 'look' like.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2015, 10:08 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:
BTbird wrote:I didn't read the threads and I don't think I want to. Congrats to UNI. Your team executed better down the stretch and proved why you are ranked where you are. I watched the entire game and like the way we played on defense and get out in transition but was disappointed with our offense. It's frustrating watching us throw away games like that.

Regardless of the outcome of that game, neither team played like a top 25 team. Not saying ISU is even close o that or UNI has not played like that all year long but in that game, neither team was top 25 worthy.

Sometimes top 20 teams just have to find a way to win. UNI held ISU to more than 20 points below their scoring average but pretty much the same amount as we permit other teams to score, so I would say UNI played their game on that end. Offensively, we turned the ball over too much-credit to ISU being able to swarm and reach/poke at our guys drives and passes, but we shot a little over average from 3 but below from the field.

Bottom line though, we found a way to score one more point than the opponent, which is all it takes. Do that enough times over the season and you are top 20/25, no matter what you 'look' like.

Agreed. We've heard this a lot over the past couple of years. By the time you're 18-2, you/re pretty close to who your record says you are. UNI is figuring out ways to win. They did it again, on the road, against a decent team. That's what Top 25 teams do.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 27th, 2015, 10:22 am

Take it easy on the Redbird fans. They haven't been ranked since 97-98 they don't remember what a top 25 team looks like anymore. :D
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » January 27th, 2015, 10:27 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:

Agreed. Good teams find ways to win.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BTbird » January 27th, 2015, 10:41 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
GOREDBIRDS4 wrote:

Exactly, On that day, UNI was a beatable team and yet found a way not to get beat on the road. That is exactly what we have not been doing this year.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » January 27th, 2015, 10:49 am

Cdizzle wrote:Agreed. We've heard this a lot over the past couple of years. By the time you're 18-2, you/re pretty close to who your record says you are. UNI is figuring out ways to win. They did it again, on the road, against a decent team. That's what Top 25 teams do.
This deep into the season you are what your record says you are.

UNI isn't a team that's built to blow anyone out - even if it's a team they should - like WSU is. That doesn't make them any less talented/good. It's just a different brand of ball
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2015, 10:51 am

uniftw wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Agreed. We've heard this a lot over the past couple of years. By the time you're 18-2, you/re pretty close to who your record says you are. UNI is figuring out ways to win. They did it again, on the road, against a decent team. That's what Top 25 teams do.
This deep into the season you are what your record says you are.

UNI isn't a team that's built to blow anyone out - even if it's a team they should - like WSU is. That doesn't make them any less talented/good. It's just a different brand of ball

I don't know how much more WSU is built to blow teams out. But otherwise I agree, the strength of both WSU and UNI is defense and taking opponents out of their game.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 27th, 2015, 10:57 am

I can only imagine how deplorable Redbird fans would be if their team was ever actually good.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball