unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: January 24th-25th games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jwa123 » January 29th, 2015, 9:13 am

unipanther99, I was a little unclear with that. From what I have read UNI might fund their athletic dept better than Indy St.

What I was thinking when I posted that was relative to WSU who seemingly fund their bball program with several million or so.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » January 29th, 2015, 4:25 pm

jwa123 wrote:unipanther99, I was a little unclear with that. From what I have read UNI might fund their athletic dept better than Indy St.

What I was thinking when I posted that was relative to WSU who seemingly fund their bball program with several million or so.

I'm not sure where funding becomes such an issue in comparing coaches. WSU's chartered jets for travel are likely a big bonus for recruiting, and WSU is now starting to really outpace the rest of the MVC in facilities ... but the main importance of the funding advantage is in allowing WSU to pay Marshall (and his assistants) enough to keep them.

WSU paying Marshall more than some Valley schools spend on their entire basketball program doesn't make Marshall a worse coach.

Personally, I'm impressed by coaches that accomplish more with less. Accomplishing less with less doesn't make someone a better coach, though.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball